IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Murali_Mohan_das

VIDEO - Sunday Feast - Sripad Sarvabhavana Prabhu - January 6, 2008

Rate this topic

Sarvabhavana Prabhu begins the class by answering a question regarding Sri Lochan Das Thakur, whose Appearance Day, will be celebrated on Wednesday, January 9, 2008. This glorification leads naturally to the nature of Sri Guru.

Later, Prabhu humbly answers questions regarding staying faithful to one's initiating spiritual master, whether books can substitute for the direct association of the spiritual master, and the distinctions between kanistha, madhyama, and uttama adhikari (levels of spiritual advancement).

Embedded:

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=2426065609996619206&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

Link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2426065609996619206

As Prabhu explains, such was his humility, that Lochan Das Thakur's disciple (perhaps his *only* disciple) secretly cleaned the place where his Gurudev used to pass stool for close to a year before Sri Lochan Das discovered what had been happening and, after much pleading by the disciple, initiated him. Even then, Lochan Das sent his disciple to study with Jiva Goswami.

Radhe Radhe

Thanks for that Muralimohandas. I really like that story about Sri Lochandas' disciple sweeping the area discreetly.

Is this Sarvabhanadas the translator of Brhat Mrdanga's Jaiva Dharma?

I'm pretty sure he's a different devotee. This Sarvabhavana Dasa is a disciple of Srila Bhaktivendanta Swami Prabhupada. His service has been more involved with the actual printing (as in operating the presses) of later editions of the books of Srila Sridhar Maharaja, and the books of Srila Govinda Maharaja.

I might have gotten the details mixed up. My memory is still very poor.

I liked that story of cleaning the place secretly, also. Narottam das thakura did the same thing for his guru maharaja Lokanatha Goswami.

Jai Lochan das Thakura! Jai Chaitanya Mangal!