IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
HerServant

Bible Prediction of Srila Prabhupada?

Rate this topic

Well this may come as a shock, but it is possible that the bible predicts the coming of Srila Prabhupada.

Rev. 7:2-8 - Prophecy of Srila Prabhupada

"And I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, having the sign of the living God; and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

Saying: Hurt not the earth, nor the sea, nor the trees, till we sign the servants of our God in their foreheads.

And I heard the number of them that were signed, an hundred forty-four thousand were signed, of every tribe of the children of Israel.

Of the tribe of Juda, were twelve thousand signed: Of the tribe of Ruben, twelve thousand signed: Of the tribe of Gad, twelve thousand signed:

Of the tribe of Aser, twelve thousand signed: Of the tribe of Nephthali, twelve thousand signed: Of the tribe of Manasses, twelve thousand signed:

Of the tribe of Simeon, twelve thousand signed: Of the tribe of Levi, twelve thousand signed: Of the tribe of Issachar, twelve thousand signed:

Of the tribe of Zabulon, twelve thousand signed: Of the tribe of Joseph, twelve thousand signed: Of the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand signed."

Rev 14:1 - And I beheld, and lo a lamb stood upon mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty-four thousand, having his name, and the name of his Father, written on their foreheads.

Angels described in the bible "usually" descend from heaven rather than ascend from earth (the east). Therefore the ascending angel must refer to a human messenger from God. The act of one annointing and consecrating on the forehead would be of the ancient tradition of Angi-rasa. An Angirasa is a Fire priest representative of the Brahma sampradaya who initiates and annoints according to the Rig Veda purusha sukta fire sacrifice tradition.

Srila Prabhupada arose from the east and came west annointing and sealing people devoted to God with sign on their forehead. The sign he annointed with the Holy Name of the Living God as the Urdhava Tilaka "U", or "Y", or "V" is the very Sign of the Name of the Living God, each representing the Name Vasu deva.

... I wonder what "christians" will think if the Lord sent Vaisnava Prophet to evangelize them ?

Her Servant,

Don't you think it dangerous to try and reach such conclusions from the Bible? Especially the book of Revelations which is so enigmatic that almost anything can be gleaned from there if is one is so disposed.

Her Servant,

Don't you think it dangerous to try and reach such conclusions from the Bible? Especially the book of Revelations which is so enigmatic that almost anything can be gleaned from there if is one is so disposed.

Yes! I definitely think it is dangerous and in general do not advocate commentary on prophetic books, particularly Revelations.

My post is not a conclusion, realization, or my position. I merely consider this an interesting irony.

I posted here almost for levity sake. Wouldn't it be interesting next time you are confronted by Fundamentalists to tell them that you:

"Follow Prabhupada because THE BIBLE SAYS SO" LOL :);):)