IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sailu

Earth is a foreign land !

Rate this topic

oh soul know this.....

Earth is a forein land and as long as we are interested in enjoying life on it,we will not be going to the place we actually belong.

A yogi who is totally un interested in the worldly life is only eligible to reach that destination.

Being uninterested means having complete dispassion/viragya.he would be uninterested in what others think of him,uninterested in what happens around him, uninterested in what happens to his body or the people around him.....he is indifferent to comments,gossips,insult,hatred,name and fame.

he knows this not his place to live and so he has no desires related to this world.

now since he feels that he doesn't belong on this earth, he asks himself that what should he do to get back where he belonged.then he shut his eyes and other senses so that he would not be deviated from his pursuit.

Now what? where does his mind rest....it was resting on senses before!

now the mind works independently it tries wander here and there around the worldly things. since he feels unbelonged he is not interested where the mind goes....now the mind has no place to go.

Just as wakeful state vanishes with the arrival of sleep,the mind vanishes leaving the self alone. The mind and self appeared to be merged before but now there is only self, the pure conciousness is then felt by him.he found his destination.

he is now free from mind, body, world. he merges into the greater conciousness loosing his individual identity just as rivers merge into ocean to loose their identity. As rivers become ocean...the souls that realize itself merge in allpervading greater conciousness and becomes god itself.

IT IS DISPASSION(VIRAGYAM) ALONE THAT HELPS A SOUL TO REACH ITS DESTINATION.

-HARE KRISHNA !

Sailu, that is a recipe for spiritual suicide.

Devotees are not interested in sayugya as liberation. Liberation is not their goal. Even in the sadhana state of devotional service where material pangs are being felt, the devotee learns to look beyond simple detachment from mater as a goal. His Vaisnava gurus have taught him that love for Krsna is superior to absorbtion into the Brahman where love for Krsna is not possible and so he looks upon sayujya mukti as a form of hell, the last snare of Maya.

PURE DEVOTIONAL SERVICE IN LOVE ALONE IS THE HIGHEST GOAL OF THE SOUL.

HARE KRSNA

Theist

True ! love for god is the highest goal for soul.

Attachment towards material things might lessen our love towards our dear lord.

Let dispassion towards the world and passion towards the lord be our motto !

hare krishna!

Setting aside questions of liberation and loss of self--it's not really the Earth that is the foreign land--it's the "Plane of Exploitation" that is really not our home. This illusion of self-interest and competition is at the root of all of our miseries.

The Earth can be as nice a place as any other if we are existing on the "Plane of Dedication".

The key is not to look elsewhere for relief and contentment--the key is to be happily dedicated where we *are*.

oh soul know this.....

Earth is a forein land and as long as we are interested in enjoying life on it,we will not be going to the place we actually belong.

A yogi who is totally un interested in the worldly life is only eligible to reach that destination.

Being uninterested means having complete dispassion/viragya.he would be uninterested in what others think of him,uninterested in what happens around him, uninterested in what happens to his body or the people around him.....he is indifferent to comments,gossips,insult,hatred,name and fame.

he knows this not his place to live and so he has no desires related to this world.

now since he feels that he doesn't belong on this earth, he asks himself that what should he do to get back where he belonged.then he shut his eyes and other senses so that he would not be deviated from his pursuit.

Now what? where does his mind rest....it was resting on senses before!

now the mind works independently it tries wander here and there around the worldly things. since he feels unbelonged he is not interested where the mind goes....now the mind has no place to go.

Just as wakeful state vanishes with the arrival of sleep,the mind vanishes leaving the self alone. The mind and self appeared to be merged before but now there is only self, the pure conciousness is then felt by him.he found his destination.

he is now free from mind, body, world. he merges into the greater conciousness loosing his individual identity just as rivers merge into ocean to loose their identity. As rivers become ocean...the souls that realize itself merge in allpervading greater conciousness and becomes god itself.

IT IS DISPASSION(VIRAGYAM) ALONE THAT HELPS A SOUL TO REACH ITS DESTINATION.

-HARE KRISHNA !

sailu,

I appreciate your call to give up material attachments. You are certainly correct and that is essential advice.

It is this portion that the Vaisnava would find objectionable.

The vaisnava does not love Krsna as a means to merge through Him into the formless Brahman where he realizes himself as god.

Vaisnavas teach that the jiva is eternally subordinate to Krsna. This duality is eternal and allows for eternal love exchanges between the jiva and Krsna.

Do you see what an important difference this makes?

Hare Krsna

Just as the Ganga and Yamuna join together at Prayag and yet are considered to still be distinct as they flow "side by side" to the sea, so, we can fully harmonize our will with the Divine Will and yet remain individuals.

Vaisnavas teach that the jiva is eternally subordinate to Krsna. This duality is eternal and allows for eternal love exchanges between the jiva and Krsna.

Hare Krsna

sailu,

Hare Krsna

Theist,

please clarify my doubts...how long does this duality stay... i love krishna i am happy to sing and do seva for him but i would be more happy if i could see his beautiful bodily form and listen his sweet voice....untill then i feel so restless that i try to find different ways which could take me to him faster !

i know path of dyana/meditation is tough too....but this trecherous mind is only getting controlled by it...other time it thinks and worries about wordly problems.....unless i have the bhakti like meera or prahalad....i am nowhere near my father krishna.....

what happens after we get the darshan of our merciful lord..? do we still be dual to enjoy his darshan or do we merge to become one...what happens?

hare krishna!

Theist,

please clarify my doubts...

Bhagavad Gita;

<center>Chapter 4. Transcendental Knowledge</center>

TEXT 34

tad viddhi pranipatena

pariprasnena sevaya

upadeksyanti te jnanam

jnaninas tattva-darsinah

SYNONYMS

bump.giftat--that knowledge of different sacrifices; viddhi--try to understand; pranipatena--by approaching a spiritual master; pariprasnena--by submissive inquiries; sevaya--by the rendering of service; upadeksyanti--initiate; te--unto you; jnanam--knowledge; jnaninah--the self-realized; tattva--truth; darsinah--the seers.

TRANSLATION

bump.gifJust try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized soul can impart knowledge unto you because he has seen the truth.

Theist,

please clarify my doubts...how long does this duality stay... i love krishna i am happy to sing and do seva for him but i would be more happy if i could see his beautiful bodily form and listen his sweet voice....untill then i feel so restless that i try to find different ways which could take me to him faster !

i know path of dyana/meditation is tough too....but this trecherous mind is only getting controlled by it...other time it thinks and worries about wordly problems.....unless i have the bhakti like meera or prahalad....i am nowhere near my father krishna.....

what happens after we get the darshan of our merciful lord..? do we still be dual to enjoy his darshan or do we merge to become one...what happens?

hare krishna!

Well I can only repeat what I have learned and am trying to assimmilate.

Duality has no problem staying because it is the fundemental truth. Duality is NOT a product of Brahman only to be swallowed up again at some point. Krsna is Supreme and we are tiny spiritual parts of Him, distinct unto ourselves but never independent of Krsna our source.

When we become fully Krsna conscious we become reestablished in our natural position as eternal lovers servants and friends of the Supreme Person. There is no thought of merging into Him. A Krsna conscious soul has left samsara and liberation from samsara into Krsna's aura (Brahman) so very far behind him and there is no looking back.

The ananda experienced by merging into the Brahman vs, love for Krsna is compared to the water in the hoofprint of a calf compared to the ocean. It is insignificant.

Hare Krsna