IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Initiation of Lord Brahma - no contract no mutual acceptance

Rate this topic

If we examine the diksha of Lord Brahma we will find that he was initiated simply by hearing the Gayatri mantra in the form of Lord Krishna's flute music.

There was no contract, no mutual acceptance, no examining the guru or disciple and certainly no ritual or ceremonial function.

Lord Brahma simply heard the spiritual sound of Krishna's flute and was initiated.

The vibration of Kṛṣṇa's flute is the origin of the Vedic hymns. Lord Brahmā, who is seated on a lotus flower, heard the sound vibration of Kṛṣṇa's flute and was thereby initiated by the Gāyatrī mantra.

So, in the original form of diksha that Lord Krishna personally performed there was no contract, no mention of taking any vows, no period of examining the guru or the disciple - just the hearing of the flute music of Lord Krishna which Lord Brahma then expressed in the form of the Gayatri mantra.

So, there are different concepts of diksha.

The original concept was just the hearing of Gayatri mantra without any other formularies.

"Then Gāyatrī, mother of the Vedas, having been manifested by the divine sound of Śrī Kṛṣṇa's flute, entered the lotus mouth of Brahmā, the self-born, through his eight earholes. Thus the lotus-born Brahmā received the Gāyatrī mantra, which had sprung from the song of Śrī Kṛṣṇa's flute. In this way he attained twice-born status, having been initiated by the supreme, primal preceptor, Godhead Himself. Enlightened by the recollection of that Gāyatrī, which embodies the three Vedas, Brahmā became acquainted with the expanse of the ocean of truth. Then he worshiped Śrī Kṛṣṇa, the essence of all the Vedas, with a hymn."

The Kāma-gāyatrī mantra is just like a Vedic hymn, but it is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. There is no difference between the Kāma-gāyatrī and Kṛṣṇa. Both are composed of twenty-four and a half transcendental syllables (see Madhya 21.125-29). The mantra depicted in letters is also Krsna, and the mantra rises just like the moon. Due to this, there is a perverted reflection of desire in human society and among all kinds of living entities. In the mantra klīḿ kāma-devāya vidmahe puṣpa-bāṇāya dhīmahi tan no 'nańgaḥ pracodayāt, Kṛṣṇa is called Kāma-deva, Puṣpa-bāṇa and Anańga. Kāma-deva is Madana-mohana, the Deity who establishes our relationship with Kṛṣṇa; Puṣpa-bāṇa ("He who carries an arrow made of flowers") is Govinda, the Personality of Godhead who accepts our devotional service; and Anańga is Gopījana-vallabha, who satisfies all the gopīs and is the ultimate goal of life. This Kāma-gāyatrī (klīḿ kāma-devāya vidmahe puṣpa-bāṇāya dhīmahi tan no 'nańgaḥ pracodayāt) simply does not belong to this material world. When one is advanced in spiritual understanding, he can worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead with his spiritually purified senses and fulfill the desires of the Lord.

Can anybody show us where Lord Brahma made any contract with Lord Krishna at the time of initiation?

Can anybody show us where Lord Brahma had to get personal acceptance as the disciple of Lord Krishna.

Did Lord Brahma have to make any vows?

Did Lord Brahma get any official acceptance by Lord Krishna?

Lord Brahma heard the Gayatri mantra and was initiated.

finished....

Guest guest

Perfect idea, guruvani. I can get initiated without any need to relate to others. Even Krsna. Sounds pretty easy.

Initiated into what? And what about the sound of Krsnas flute. Is that not Krsna? Is not being entranced by such sound an establishment of relationship?

No contact? Whatchu reading, mon?

mahaksadasa

Perfect idea, guruvani. I can get initiated without any need to relate to others. Even Krsna. Sounds pretty easy.

Initiated into what? And what about the sound of Krsnas flute. Is that not Krsna? Is not being entranced by such sound an establishment of relationship?

No contact? Whatchu reading, mon?

mahaksadasa

Lord Brahma was setting all alone on the lotus flower, not a another soul to be found anywhere in the universe.

Still, he was initiated from within his heart.

Sounds like a perfect prototype to me.

Brahma didn't need to relate with anybody to get diksa.

He just had to be seriously seeking to understand what he was there for.

Besides, we can relate with Srila Prabhupada by submitting ourselves to hear his instructions.

I can't think of a better person to relate with or a better way to do it.

In case somebody missed it, Srila Prabhupada is saying that the mantra in the form of alphabetical letters is no different than the spoken mantra.

The mantra depicted in letters is also Krsna

This is a concept that is impossible for the professional, career gurus and remnants of the smarta bigots to accept or admit, but Srila Prabhupada has said quite clearly that the mantra in the form of letters is non-different than Krishna.

Duh, Krishna is for real in case some of you have forgotten what it's all about.

Krishna is alive and well on this forum in his alphabetical incarnation.

Srila Prabhupada is alive and well in his form as instructions in the form of alphabetical arrangements.

Did you catch that kiddies?

The mantra depicted in letters is also Krsna

I have a couple thoughts on the mutual acceptance idea that I will illustrate by referring to Prabhupada's vani. I also believe one can become initiated in every sense of that word that truly matters just be hearing and applying Prabhupada's instructions.

However I don't think that Srila Prabhupada is personally obligated to that person in the same way as someone he personally accepts as a disicple and who tries his best to follow the process. I see the former role as being solely Supersoul's although Srila Prabhupada may also appear to offer his blessings along the way.

These are the lines of my present thoughts on the matter and they are subject to being revised if someone offers superior reasoning.