IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Why does KRSNA give Heavy tests to His Most Dear Devotee Servants?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Who told you that you are the Most Dear to Krsna?

This EGO of i am close to Krsna and all that is bad,in front of GOD everyone is the same,your suffering is the result of your karma,everyone has suffering and pleasures and nothing to do with Lords Love or not.

Sorry, Guest, but I'm not following you here. This is more like an SMS text message and not so much like English. Can you clarify?

Who told you that you are the Most Dear to Krsna?

This EGO of i am close to Krsna and all that is bad,in front of GOD everyone is the same,your suffering is the result of your karma,everyone has suffering and pleasures and nothing to do with Lords Love or not.

Yeah,

this word is both suffering and pleasure, therefore it's best to get out of this world, material world and try to go to the Highest attainable, so create no more karma, then all is cool.....

Haribol...!!

Guest guest

Sorry, Guest, but I'm not following you here. This is more like an SMS text message and not so much like English. Can you clarify?

Oh well Mr Shakespeare this is English that everyone understands,if u got no answer to it,dont dodge it,u r cheating no one but urself by pretending not to understand what i meant...

Guest guest

Yeah,

this word is both suffering and pleasure, therefore it's best to get out of this world, material world and try to go to the Highest attainable, so create no more karma, then all is cool.....

Haribol...!!

There is no proof the other worlds exist,atleast enjoy this world as much u can by working hard and reaching ur goals,lazy people and losers sit and chant a mantra and not enjoy what u got in front and then die..

There is no proof the other worlds exist,atleast enjoy this world as much u can by working hard and reaching ur goals,lazy people and losers sit and chant a mantra and not enjoy what u got in front and then die..

Folks intent on enjoying their senses often end up dying painful deaths from heart failure, diabetes, cancer, etc. There's ample "proof" of that.

I'm not the biggest party person, but none of the mundane pleasures I've "enjoyed" can come close to the pure joy of participating in an ecstatic kirtan. No hangover the next day. No sense of guilt. Pure joy.

Your mileage may vary (YMMV).

What's so lazy about going against the overwhelming trend of seeking mundane sense-enjoyment? Do you have any idea what mundane vices the Vaishnavas have happily renounced (along with the affection of some family members) in order to take part in the Sankirttan movement of Mahaprabhu?

Guest guest

Folks intent on enjoying their senses often end up dying painful deaths from heart failure, diabetes, cancer, etc. There's ample "proof" of that.

I'm not the biggest party person, but none of the mundane pleasures I've "enjoyed" can come close to the pure joy of participating in an ecstatic kirtan. No hangover the next day. No sense of guilt. Pure joy.

Your mileage may vary (YMMV).

What's so lazy about going against the overwhelming trend of seeking mundane sense-enjoyment? Do you have any idea what mundane vices the Vaishnavas have happily renounced (along with the affection of some family members) in order to take part in the Sankirttan movement of Mahaprabhu?

If that was the case dou think folks who dont party never get Diabetes Cancer or any disease in their whole lives?

Then why didn't Krsna instruct this to Arjuna and co and ask them not to fight for the useless kingdom,pride and wealth and just chant Maha mantra?

From what ive known even ur so called Enlightened Guru Prabupada suffered from lots of diseases and died.

Ur theory is more like sour grapes,what have u enjoyed to conclude that its all Mundane sense enjoyment,if it is so mundane then y do u enjoy it,im sure u have enjoyed sensual pleasures if u had gotten it,maybe u dont have the confidence to get what u want so u conclude like a FOX that couldnt reach the grapes as sour grapes.

Isnt it contradicting on one hand u guys believe that Krsna fought in the mahabaratha war(which was for kingdom,ascertainign superiority etc)and onthe other hand u say only Krsnaloka or Goloka is better

if that was the case why does visnu save the Indras from demons,y cant the demons enjoy mundane pleasures and visnus so called devotees devas be taken to goloka?

Im sure u also will suffer lots of diseases and eventually die,just cause u sit and chant doesnt mean ur free from diseases.

R u telling me u never got sick and even if udid u got cured miraculously?

It really *is* painful to try to make sense of your writing.

The body of the Vaishnava may appear to be diseased. The Vaishnava is tolerating apparent illness with no mental distress. Their hearts, minds, and soul-force are directed solely towards the Lord. What would be unbearable pain to us is not the slightest distraction to them.

Now, contrast that with somebody like LBJ (Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th US President),who, after the assassination of President Kennedy became the most powerful man in the world. Perhaps wracked by guilt for all of the actions he had taken in pursuit of power, he did not seek re-election and died a short time later, a broken, depressed man.

Gurudev has never advised me to renounce my worldly duties and go perform solitary bhajan. That is sometimes accepted (and even glorified), but not really encouraged by the spiritual descendents of Srila Prabhupad. Rather, he advises us to follow Sri Krishna's advice in Bhagavad Gita. We must continue doing our duties. However, as Vaishnavas, we will do our duties without attachment to the results. All of our actions (even the seemingly mundane ones) will be done in a mood of devotion to the Lord.

As the Lord wishes, we may be rewarded with great material facility (not all Vaishnavas are poor mendicants--See Pundarik Vidhyanidhi for a prominent example of an apparent sense-enjoyer who was really a great Vaishnava). However, the Lord, in His Mercy usually awards riches to those devotees of his who are in the best position to engage those facilities in service.

To answer one of your questions: yes, you can "enjoy" mundane "pleasures" indefinitely. Let me ask you, at the end of it, what will that get you?

The real disease is called hrd-rogam or "heart disease". We're not talking about angina here. We're talking about jealousy towards our Sweet Lord. It's about failing to see that our greatest pleasure and well-being comes not from serving our own whims, but serving the Lord.

If that was the case dou think folks who dont party never get Diabetes Cancer or any disease in their whole lives?

Then why didn't Krsna instruct this to Arjuna and co and ask them not to fight for the useless kingdom,pride and wealth and just chant Maha mantra?

From what ive known even ur so called Enlightened Guru Prabupada suffered from lots of diseases and died.

Ur theory is more like sour grapes,what have u enjoyed to conclude that its all Mundane sense enjoyment,if it is so mundane then y do u enjoy it,im sure u have enjoyed sensual pleasures if u had gotten it,maybe u dont have the confidence to get what u want so u conclude like a FOX that couldnt reach the grapes as sour grapes.

Isnt it contradicting on one hand u guys believe that Krsna fought in the mahabaratha war(which was for kingdom,ascertainign superiority etc)and onthe other hand u say only Krsnaloka or Goloka is better

if that was the case why does visnu save the Indras from demons,y cant the demons enjoy mundane pleasures and visnus so called devotees devas be taken to goloka?

Im sure u also will suffer lots of diseases and eventually die,just cause u sit and chant doesnt mean ur free from diseases.

R u telling me u never got sick and even if udid u got cured miraculously?

Guest guest

It really *is* painful to try to make sense of your writing.

The body of the Vaishnava may appear to be diseased. The Vaishnava is tolerating apparent illness with no mental distress. Their hearts, minds, and soul-force are directed solely towards the Lord. What would be unbearable pain to us is not the slightest distraction to them.

Now, contrast that with somebody like LBJ (Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th US President),who, after the assassination of President Kennedy became the most powerful man in the world. Perhaps wracked by guilt for all of the actions he had taken in pursuit of power, he did not seek re-election and died a short time later, a broken, depressed man.

Gurudev has never advised me to renounce my worldly duties and go perform solitary bhajan. That is sometimes accepted (and even glorified), but not really encouraged by the spiritual descendents of Srila Prabhupad. Rather, he advises us to follow Sri Krishna's advice in Bhagavad Gita. We must continue doing our duties. However, as Vaishnavas, we will do our duties without attachment to the results. All of our actions (even the seemingly mundane ones) will be done in a mood of devotion to the Lord.

As the Lord wishes, we may be rewarded with great material facility (not all Vaishnavas are poor mendicants--See Pundarik Vidhyanidhi for a prominent example of an apparent sense-enjoyer who was really a great Vaishnava). However, the Lord, in His Mercy usually awards riches to those devotees of his who are in the best position to engage those facilities in service.

To answer one of your questions: yes, you can "enjoy" mundane "pleasures" indefinitely. Let me ask you, at the end of it, what will that get you?

The real disease is called hrd-rogam or "heart disease". We're not talking about angina here. We're talking about jealousy towards our Sweet Lord. It's about failing to see that our greatest pleasure and well-being comes not from serving our own whims, but serving the Lord.

Hahaha,ur funny,so now u did a U turn to ur theories and telling me ur going to do ur worldly duties?So then y make fun of people who enjoy pleasures.

It sounds that ur the one who is jealous of those people and expect them to suffer from diseases?

So ur saying if u chant Mantra u will still get sick but u wont suffer.Go find a ISKCONi who has Diabetes or Heart Disease and ask him if he is not in pain,if he does suffer then where is ur theory?Lets see if u get sick(im not wishing u do,but u will get sick sometimes)and during those times r u telling me u dont suffer at all?

Y should anyone be jealous of ur Krsna if he is not even here...

There are people in California who believe UFOs are going to land in their backyard,ur case is similar, that u will get aTicket to

GOLOKA after u die cause u chose Krsna over Partying....Krsna himself is known to have had 1000s of women and Arjuna and all

kings did the same and fought for women,power,wealth etc...where was GOLOKA then?

Among 1000s of Demons there r hardly 1 person who went to GOLOKA and Penanced for it...

Y r there no one to lift a mountain in a finger nor shower rain of arrows nowadays?

Y dont u use ur brain for a change and seek for proof of ur soul and ur past births if u r so sure u existed before?

Y is it that there is no guarantee for this and still out of laziness and defeatist attitude u guys just are trying to give up wordly pleasures

y do u eat sleep and get sick without partying and despite chanting Hare Krsna

If the mantra is not even good enough for u to survive here what is the guarantee that Krsna exists?

Ur not different from anyone here and i can show u examples of people who have great bodies,wealth and women and dont even care about Krsna

and even after they get old and die they r happy they had a good life and laugh at people like u who dont have one

So what different is that to u who laugh at people who enjoy here thinking ur pleasure in GOLOKA isbetter?Atleast they have something to show

u got nothing to show...

If someone ties u up and asks to say he is the GOD I m sure u will do that, lets do a small experiment here,lets have someone kidnap u and keep u deprived of sleep,food etc which u don’t need cause u got u r Krsna mantra,lets see if u can get rid of that and go to GOLOKA

In Prahalada Purana he was supposed to have survived being thrown from a mountain ,if ur Krsna really exists this day,let someone throw u from a Building and u chant Krsna mantra and survive,r u ready for that open challenge?If u survive then I admit there is krsna and im sure he is all powerful

If Visnu came to rescue Prahalada lets see if he comes for u,go try this urself before u brag about ur LORD..

Guest guest

By the way ur not serving ur Lord arent u?Ur trying to enjoy his world(which no proof it ever exists)by chanting the Mantra and going there,its for ur endless pleasures ur doing it,ur selfish motives makes u wish to renounce the world and go there,so where isthe service comes here?

Why do u need a GURUDEVA to tell u what to do?Who is qualified as one anyways.

WHERE IS THE PROOF OF KRSNA and GOLOKA first of all?If he is that powerful let him appear in front of me...or even u who is been chanting and not partying...

Yes it is certainly lazy to give up even before fighting for the pleasures ofthe world saying oh well these dont last anyway,but what if there is no Goloka?

You may have your doubts, but I don't have so many. While I may have never glimpsed Goloka proper, I've been blinded by enough divine brilliance to be quite assured that, ultimately, all is good.

have u ever seen a man who has been there and come back and told u how great it feels being in GOLOKA?

Better than that, I know a man who is there *NOW*. He's there *and* he's here telling us what it is like. I call him Gurudev.

Where do u live?And who have u partied with so far?Prolly no one and prolly u dont have the self esteem nor the skill nor the looks nor the money to get the attention u want...

You can see from my user info, I live in Santa Cruz, California, USA. If you're not familiar with it, it is one of the more desirable places to live in the US.

On these forums recently, I recalled attending my first rock concert and "partying" back-stage with many prominent celebrities of the day.

My father's college friend was an Executive VP at MTV Networks, so I've attended MTV Music Video Awards and MTV Movie Awards ceremonies and parties perhaps half a dozen times.

I attended (a prestigious) college in NYC (New York City), where I spent some time in the more trendy clubs, occasionally dancing 'til dawn. You can judge for yourself whether I'm good-looking, but I don't recall ever having to wait at the ropes like the "regular folks"--of course, having beautiful women with you helps too.

I've had more lovers than I can count on my two hands (one of them had formerly been model for a Bacardi Rum ad). They didn't find my appearance all that offensive.

I've tried just about any drug that I've cared to try (some more than once).

Enough partying credentials? Can I stop bragging now?

I tell you with all honesty--none of those material pleasures can compare with the joy of hearing Gurudev say my name (the one he gave me) with affection (which has happened once).

Where is GOLOKA?

Where is Krsna?

Everywhere. It's a real shame you can't see that for yourself. Perhaps if you opened your eyes?

Why didnt ur PPada go to Kenya or Ethiopia or anywhere and start his mission,y only in the comforts of USA?
Where do Kenya and almost all other countries in the world send their best and brightest for college? The UK and the US, perhaps?

It's a silly question. If you want to start a world-wide movement--go to the country that houses the UN!! Srila Prabhupada's disciples have carried his message to every corner of the Earth.

How come he died and had a ugly old body for most part of his life?If partying gives u diabetes and all that,how come he had

innumerable disease and die?Y didnt he live a long healthy life with Tejas and strenght and die a ICHA Mruthyu or y did he die at all

Y didnt he go to GOLOKA directly?

He too was already in Goloka, long before he left his body. Do you have any idea just what Srila Prabhupada did between '67 and '77 at an already advanced age? A mere "mortal" would have keeled over after a year or two of what he did. Sleeping two hours a night so he could translate as much as possible. How long can *you* function on two hours a night? That and travelling the world many times.

Srila Prabhupada was part of the "suicide squad" as it is called by Gurudev. He was truly "dying to live". He gave his every breath during that time so that you and I could suffer less (if we have the wisdom to utilize the fruits of his labor).

What is Indra doing enjoying all Apsaras and Rambas

Given a choice wont u enjoy the sensual pleasures of earth?

Maybe u never gota chance and maybe u dont ahve the resources and maybe ur stuck in a middle class family thats conservative

U make it sound like its so easy to get all pleasures and as if uchoose Krsna

U dont have the pleasures so u chose the easy way out,to sit and chant some one who isnt even here and say oh that feels so good

even a drug addict says he feels good getting high

even a sports fan feels elated seeing his Hero play...

But atleast they are here to see where is ur Krsna and where is this GOLOKA?

Have u read the Emperors New clothes?

Indra is enjoying the fruits of his Karma. Unless he's a Vaishnava, though, he is still bound by those things which he is enjoying and will fall from his position when his karmic account is depleted.

How many lifetimes have I spent enjoying the "pleasures" of this Earth? What has it gotten me but further entangled?

The difference between material and spiritual pleasures is: material pleasures are sweetest at the beginning and grow more bitter over time. Due to our conditioning, spiritual life may seem bitter at first, but it grows increasingly sweet as we progress.

I haven't read the book you mention, but I enjoyed the film "The Emperor's New Groove".

Hahaha,ur funny,so now u did a U turn to ur theories and telling me ur going to do ur worldly duties?So then y make fun of people who enjoy pleasures.

It sounds that ur the one who is jealous of those people and expect them to suffer from diseases?

No U-turn. If you go back and read the thread, you mock people who engage in solitary Bhajan. I defend them. Never did I say *everybody* should be a bhajananandi. Did I?

If you want to talk about me (and I'd rather talk about Gurudev, Mahaprabhu, and Radha-Krishna), I'll be the first to admit that I am an envious wretch despite having been granted such a conducive life by Guru and Krishna.

In Gurudev, though, I see no such jealousy or envy. He is my yardstick by which I measure myself and everything else.

So ur saying if u chant Mantra u will still get sick but u wont suffer.Go find a ISKCONi who has Diabetes or Heart Disease and ask him if he is not in pain,if he does suffer then where is ur theory?Lets see if u get sick(im not wishing u do,but u will get sick sometimes)and during those times r u telling me u dont suffer at all?

If you note my writing, I try to be very careful. When I say "Vaishnava", I mean "Vaishnava", not "aspiring-Vaishnava." A "real" Vaishnava is a very rare person to find. If somebody is chanting and still suffering, then their chanting is not yet pure. Still, though, may people, while still suffering, are getting great relief from chanting the Holy Name--even if their chanting is "hazy".

Y should anyone be jealous of ur Krsna if he is not even here...

Exactly. If you're so convinced he's not real, then just forget about him and go on with your "enjoying."

Y r there no one to lift a mountain in a finger nor shower rain of arrows nowadays?

You need to get out more. Gurudev is holding this whole world up with his pinkie. How can you be so blind?

Y dont u use ur brain for a change and seek for proof of ur soul and ur past births if u r so sure u existed before?

Well talking with you is inspiring me to do the work for which I'm being paid. That is an amazing and wondrous thing!! Bless your heart!

Hare Krishna!

If Visnu came to rescue Prahalada lets see if he comes for u,go try this urself before u brag about ur LORD..

The Lord is saving me countless times each moment!! Thanks for asking!

:)

Gauranga!!!

You're right about me. My devotion is anything but pure. Unlike the gopis, I am still seeking liberation from misery rather than perpetual service engagement. Once again, Gurudev is my "gold standard".

As for proof. The proof is in your heart. Your brain will never know what your heart may know.

Govinda!!

By the way ur not serving ur Lord arent u?Ur trying to enjoy his world(which no proof it ever exists)by chanting the Mantra and going there,its for ur endless pleasures ur doing it,ur selfish motives makes u wish to renounce the world and go there,so where isthe service comes here?

Why do u need a GURUDEVA to tell u what to do?Who is qualified as one anyways.

WHERE IS THE PROOF OF KRSNA and GOLOKA first of all?If he is that powerful let him appear in front of me...or even u who is been chanting and not partying...

Guest guest

No U-turn. If you go back and read the thread, you mock people who engage in solitary Bhajan. I defend them. Never did I say *everybody* should be a bhajananandi. Did I?

If you want to talk about me (and I'd rather talk about Gurudev, Mahaprabhu, and Radha-Krishna), I'll be the first to admit that I am an envious wretch despite having been granted such a conducive life by Guru and Krishna.

In Gurudev, though, I see no such jealousy or envy. He is my yardstick by which I measure myself and everything else.

If you note my writing, I try to be very careful. When I say "Vaishnava", I mean "Vaishnava", not "aspiring-Vaishnava." A "real" Vaishnava is a very rare person to find. If somebody is chanting and still suffering, then their chanting is not yet pure. Still, though, may people, while still suffering, are getting great relief from chanting the Holy Name--even if their chanting is "hazy".

Exactly. If you're so convinced he's not real, then just forget about him and go on with your "enjoying."

You need to get out more. Gurudev is holding this whole world up with his pinkie. How can you be so blind?

Well talking with you is inspiring me to do the work for which I'm being paid. That is an amazing and wondrous thing!! Bless your heart!

Hare Krishna!

The Lord is saving me countless times each moment!! Thanks for asking!

:)

Gauranga!!!

Oh so ur getting paid to answer in this posting?I see...

Well how can one think with the heart,only the brain controls everything and heart pumps up the blood,u seem to just settle for fantasy stories and seek no proof of anythign thats said

So ur telling me ur GURUDEVA is holding this world in his pinkie..then how come other than the ISKCONis no one seem to see that?

I told u read the Emperors new clothes,ur theory sounds very similar to that..

So ur telling me ur still jealous,of whom?Krsna,but where is he and how has he saved u so far?It seems u r like a Christian Missionairy,who r paid to bullshit all around the world,and once they earn enough money they go back to their old world and party again..

From where do i get to see ur Gurudeva holding the world in his pinkie

So ur telling me that ur not at the level of Prahalada to confidently say Krsna will rescue u if ur tortured to give him up,so if ur not at that level y r u making it sound u seem to know it all..

Do u talk to krsna or see him everyday atleast?If not ur cheating urself for the money ur paid and trying to trick others into it which is what i dont want to happen and thats y i argue..im 100% sure there is no Krsna no GOLOKA cause u guys r no different from any Fan having a fan club of his star and think he is the best

anyway u dont seem to really answer anything i ask for and sound like u r in ur early stages of all these,so i m not sure u going to answer me to this as well,so do u have a account of ur past births and existence of ur soul or am i just motivating u to find out the truth?

You misunderstand. I get paid to do IT work. What I write here would be considered "cyber-loafing" by my employers.

You don't known much about neurophysiology apparently. Even science is recognizing that the brain is not as "central" as it was once assumed to be. In face, Googling should easily turn up a recent article I saw about how much "thinking" actually does take place physically near the heart.

Our brains our finite. Our capacity to think is finite. Our capacity to love is infinite, isn't it?

There is no question of "my Gurudev". Gurudev is one though coming in countless manifestations.

If I'm not answering your questions, perhaps it is because you are asking the wrong questions, no?

I am not God (though I am a part of Him). I cannot reveal God to you. God can reveal Himself to you.

Yes, even as an irritant, you are ultimately serving God.

Oh so ur getting paid to answer in this posting?I see...

Well how can one think with the heart,only the brain controls everything and heart pumps up the blood,u seem to just settle for fantasy stories and seek no proof of anythign thats said

So ur telling me ur GURUDEVA is holding this world in his pinkie..then how come other than the ISKCONis no one seem to see that?

I told u read the Emperors new clothes,ur theory sounds very similar to that..

So ur telling me ur still jealous,of whom?Krsna,but where is he and how has he saved u so far?It seems u r like a Christian Missionairy,who r paid to bullshit all around the world,and once they earn enough money they go back to their old world and party again..

From where do i get to see ur Gurudeva holding the world in his pinkie

So ur telling me that ur not at the level of Prahalada to confidently say Krsna will rescue u if ur tortured to give him up,so if ur not at that level y r u making it sound u seem to know it all..

Do u talk to krsna or see him everyday atleast?If not ur cheating urself for the money ur paid and trying to trick others into it which is what i dont want to happen and thats y i argue..im 100% sure there is no Krsna no GOLOKA cause u guys r no different from any Fan having a fan club of his star and think he is the best

anyway u dont seem to really answer anything i ask for and sound like u r in ur early stages of all these,so i m not sure u going to answer me to this as well,so do u have a account of ur past births and existence of ur soul or am i just motivating u to find out the truth?

Now, friend, if you'll excuse me, I think I've gotten enough "work" done for one morning (ha ha ha!).

I'm headed out now for a lunch-time run. With any luck, I'll see Krishna everywhere (and Radha/Gauranga in the yellow of the mustard flowers).

I'll probably have to put my nose to the grindstone when I get back. Be well!

CC Antya 3.102: A landholder named Rāmacandra Khān was the zamindar of that district. He was envious of Vaiṣṇavas and was therefore a great atheist.

CC Antya 3.103: Unable to tolerate that such respect was being offered to Haridāsa Ṭhākura, Rāmacandra Khān planned in various ways to dishonor him.

CC Antya 3.104: By no means could he find any fault in the character of Haridāsa Ṭhākura. Therefore he called for local prostitutes and began a plan to discredit His Holiness.

CC Antya 3.105: Rāmacandra Khān said to the prostitutes, "There is a mendicant named Haridāsa Ṭhākura. All of you devise a way to deviate him from his vows of austerity."

CC Antya 3.106: Among the prostitutes, one attractive young girl was selected. "I shall attract the mind of Haridāsa Ṭhākura," she promised, "within three days."

CC Antya 3.107: Rāmacandra Khān said to the prostitute, "My constable will go with you so that as soon as he sees you with Haridāsa Ṭhākura, immediately he will arrest him and bring both of you to me."

CC Antya 3.108: The prostitute replied, "First let me have union with him once; then the second time I shall take your constable with me to arrest him."

CC Antya 3.109: At night the prostitute, after dressing herself most attractively, went to the cottage of Haridāsa Ṭhākura with great jubilation.

CC Antya 3.110: After offering obeisances to the tulasī plant, she went to the door of Haridāsa Ṭhākura, offered him obeisances and stood there.

CC Antya 3.111: Exposing part of her body to his view, she sat down on the threshold of the door and spoke to him in very sweet words.

CC Antya 3.112: "My dear Ṭhākura, O great preacher, great devotee, you are so beautifully built, and your youth is just beginning. Who is the woman who could control her mind after seeing you?

CC Antya 3.113: "I am eager to be united with you. My mind is greedy for this. If I don't obtain you, I shall not be able to keep my body and soul together."

CC Antya 3.114-115: Haridāsa Ṭhākura replied, "I shall accept you without fail, but you will have to wait until I have finished chanting my regular rounds on my beads. Until that time, please sit and listen to the chanting of the holy name. As soon as I am finished, I shall fulfill your desire."

CC Antya 3.116: Hearing this, the prostitute remained sitting there while Haridāsa Ṭhākura chanted on his beads until the light of morning appeared.

CC Antya 3.117: When she saw that it was morning, the prostitute stood up and left. Coming before Rāmacandra Khān, she informed him of all the news.

CC Antya 3.118: "Today Haridāsa Ṭhākura has promised to enjoy with me. Tomorrow certainly I shall have union with him."

CC Antya 3.119: The next night, when the prostitute came again, Haridāsa Ṭhākura gave her many assurances.

CC Antya 3.120: "Last night you were disappointed. Please excuse my offense. I shall certainly accept you.

CC Antya 3.121: "Please sit down and hear the chanting of the Hare Kṛṣṇa mahā-mantra until my regular chanting is finished. Then your desire will surely be fulfilled."

CC Antya 3.122: After offering her obeisances to the tulasī plant and Haridāsa Ṭhākura, she sat down at the door. Hearing Haridāsa Ṭhākura chanting the Hare Kṛṣṇa mantra, she also chanted, "O my Lord Hari, O my Lord Hari."

CC Antya 3.123: When the night came to an end, the prostitute was restless. Seeing this, Haridāsa Ṭhākura spoke to her as follows.

CC Antya 3.124: "I have vowed to chant ten million names in a month. I have taken this vow, but now it is nearing its end.

CC Antya 3.125: "I thought that today I would be able to finish my performance of yajña, my chanting of the Hare Kṛṣṇa mantra. I tried my best to chant the holy name all night, but I still did not finish.

CC Antya 3.126: "Tomorrow I will surely finish, and my vow will be fulfilled. Then it will be possible for me to enjoy with you in full freedom."

CC Antya 3.127: The prostitute returned to Rāmacandra Khān and informed him of what had happened. The next day she came earlier, at the beginning of the evening, and stayed with Haridāsa Ṭhākura.

CC Antya 3.128: After offering obeisances to the tulasī plant and Haridāsa Ṭhākura, she sat down on the threshold of the room. Thus she began to hear Haridāsa Ṭhākura's chanting, and she also personally chanted "Hari, Hari," the holy name of the Lord.

CC Antya 3.129: "Today it will be possible for me to finish my chanting," Haridāsa Ṭhākura informed her. "Then I shall satisfy all your desires."

CC Antya 3.130: The night ended while Haridāsa Ṭhākura was chanting, but by his association the mind of the prostitute had changed.

CC Antya 3.131: The prostitute, now purified, fell at the lotus feet of Haridāsa Ṭhākura and confessed that Rāmacandra Khān had appointed her to pollute him.

CC Antya 3.132: "Because I have taken the profession of a prostitute," she said, "I have performed unlimited sinful acts. My lord, be merciful to me. Deliver my fallen soul."

CC Antya 3.133: Haridāsa Ṭhākura replied, "I know everything about the conspiracy of Rāmacandra Khān. He is nothing but an ignorant fool. Therefore his activities do not make me feel unhappy.

CC Antya 3.134: "On the very day Rāmacandra Khān was planning his intrigue against me, I would have left this place immediately, but because you came to me I stayed here for three days to deliver you."

CC Antya 3.135: The prostitute said, "Kindly act as my spiritual master. Instruct me in my duty, by which I can get relief from material existence."

CC Antya 3.136: Haridāsa Ṭhākura replied, "Immediately go home and distribute to the brāhmaṇas whatever property you have. Then come back to this room and stay here forever in Kṛṣṇa consciousness.

CC Antya 3.137: "Chant the Hare Kṛṣṇa mantra continuously and render service to the tulasī plant by watering her and offering prayers to her. In this way you will very soon get the opportunity to be sheltered at the lotus feet of Kṛṣṇa."

CC Antya 3.138: After thus instructing the prostitute about the process of chanting the Hare Kṛṣṇa mantra, Haridāsa Ṭhākura stood up and left, continuously chanting "Hari, Hari."

CC Antya 3.139: Thereafter, the prostitute distributed to the brāhmaṇas whatever household possessions she had, following the order of her spiritual master.

CC Antya 3.140: The prostitute shaved her head clean in accordance with Vaiṣṇava principles and stayed in that room wearing only one cloth. Following in the footsteps of her spiritual master, she began chanting the holy name of Kṛṣṇa 300,000 times a day. She chanted throughout the entire day and night.

CC Antya 3.141: She worshiped the tulasī plant, following in the footsteps of her spiritual master. Instead of eating regularly, she chewed whatever food she received as alms, and if nothing was supplied she would fast. Thus by eating frugally and fasting she conquered her senses, and as soon as her senses were controlled, symptoms of love of Godhead appeared in her person.

CC Antya 3.142: Thus the prostitute became a celebrated devotee. She became very advanced in spiritual life, and many stalwart Vaiṣṇavas would come to see her.

CC Antya 3.143: Seeing the sublime character of the prostitute, everyone was astonished. Everyone glorified the influence of Haridāsa Ṭhākura and offered him obeisances.

What was hard

to bear :crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

is sweet

to remember.:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

-- Portuguese proverb

Well, it looks like I'll be eating some tofu crow.

I haven't listened to the mp3 yet, but, apparently, here Gurudev is talking about Sri Krishna testing us.

http://scsmath.net/math/audio/07/070902_SGovMj_StPetersburg_4pm_lo.mp3

Audio: "Many times and different ways Krishna is testing us." Afternoon darshan by Srila Govinda Maharaj on his first day in St Petersburg during the current World Tour.