IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Will your prayers reach Sri Bhagavan KRSNA???

Rate this topic

Excerpts from a lecture delivered by:

Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada in the Sarasvata Assembly Hall, Sri Caitanya Matha, Mayapura

Saturday, 9.00 pm, on the 28th day of the month of Magha (January) 1931

The Harmonist. No 15. Kartika 2005

Humbly Praying for Help

"Bahubhirmilitva yat kirtanam tadaiva sankirtanam – sankirtana means congregational chanting."

Glorification and prayers are included in sankirtana. From an external perspective, one who offers stuti (Ve dic prayers) holds a lower position than the object of the prayers. A third party however, can best understand the glories of a person by hearing his prayers.

Sri Gaurasundara explained that to genuinely call out for Bhagavan, one has to more humble than a blade of grass (trnad api sunicena). We cannot cry out for someone until we have accepted our own insignificance in relation to that person. We beg for assistance when we are forced to acknowledge our helplessness. Whenever we find ourselves incapable of completing a task on our own, we are left with no choice but to seek another's help. Alone I cannot complete a task that requires five people to accomplish.

Sri Gaurasundara has instructed us to genuinely cry out for Bhagavan, which means He has urged us to solicit Sri Bhagavan for help. This we have heard from Srila Gurudeva. However if I cry out to Him with the intention of involving Him in service to me, or if I petition Him for the purpose of accomplish ing any task, my cries lack the real humility of trnad api sunicena. Real humility is never found in an external show of humility, which is actually mere duplicity. Calling out to Bhagavan in the mood of being His master, expecting Him to obey like a servant, is ineffective. He does not hear such a call because He is supremely independent and fully conscious. Consequently, He is not controlled by anyone. Until a person's egoism establishes roots in sincere, non-duplicitous humility, his prayers will not reach Bhagavan, who is fully independent.

Yeah makes you wonder who is listening when a neophite devotee with lots of anarthas like me chants, is it the Spiritual Master, the Supersoul or Radha Krishna?

I guess at first its the spiritual master

then later the supersoul when we become pure

and then IF we become a pure devotee and our chanting is completely pure...Sri Sri Radha and Krishna

is that right? what ya tink?