IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Need Advise!!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi. I am not sure how to ask this. But I need some advise! Well, I am a female, I have been in contact with a monk at an ISKCON temple, about questions I have come up with regarding the Hare Krishna movement and literature. He has been really proper and nice about helping me out. Now I have developed feelings for him. I have never told him how I feel at all! I am very respectful of him because of his position. I don't know what do to! Should I just ignore my feelings towards him and keep to myself? Wait? or what?? Please give me some feedback. I honestly really care for him :(

Guest guest

If he is indeed a monk, then he is trying to dedicate his life to God, and in the case that he was looking to get married, he would try and find someone on a similar path as he. It is incredibly unlikely he will be interested, as he has tasted a 'higher taste' - God.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

I think i will suggest you not to disturb him from his clear path, in which he is now trying to serve Lord Krishna. you are saying that he is a "monk" in ISKCON. then you should not even approached him in this mind set. Its first wrong thing. please try to know one thing that this body which we have got is due to our desires. so why are you trying to be entangled in this material world.please this may be hard to digest but its true.please try to change your mind because similar thing i have experienced in my life. so i am requesting you.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

I think i will suggest you not to disturb him from his clear path, in which he is now trying to serve Lord Krishna. you are saying that he is a "monk" in ISKCON. then you should not even approached him in this mind set. Its first wrong thing. please try to know one thing that this body which we have got is due to our desires. so why are you trying to be entangled in this material world.please this may be hard to digest but its true.please try to change your mind because similar thing i have experienced in my life. so i am requesting you.

I would not want to disturb him from his path. I do not know if this is what he wants do to for the rest of his life or if he would ever want to be a householder. Oh, and I did not approach him with that in mind. I was introduced to him by someone else so he would help with with questions I had when I first became involved with the temple. Thank you for your advise, I will keep all in mind :)

Well, friend, if by "monk" you mean a brahmachari, then you should know that he most likely won't be a monk for the rest of his life. He will get married eventually. But he probably won't marry someone who is not a devotee herself.

YET! Becoming a devotee just because you want to be with someone is being a devotee for the wrong reasons. If you do that, well, you might get into one big mess eventually.

So what you should do, I think, is perhaps keep distance. Stay friends, nothing more, but don’t torture yourself by getting to close, which might eventually, as others said, will "disturb" him.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

Dear Guest111,

I agree what "Bhakta Omer". this is nice suggestion.

please take the suggestion which is been given by Bhakta omer.

Guest guest

Respect him as an intelligent individual, and check out this whole Hare Krishna thing - maybe he's on to something :P

Guest guest

Well, friend, if by "monk" you mean a brahmachari, then you should know that he most likely won't be a monk for the rest of his life. He will get married eventually. But he probably won't marry someone who is not a devotee herself.

YET! Becoming a devotee just because you want to be with someone is being a devotee for the wrong reasons. If you do that, well, you might get into one big mess eventually.

So what you should do, I think, is perhaps keep distance. Stay friends, nothing more, but don’t torture yourself by getting to close, which might eventually, as others said, will "disturb" him.

Yes, I meant he's a Brahmachari, very young. Thank you for the nice advise. It's hard, but I will try to keep distance. I would not want to cause him any troubles. :( I understand they are not supposed to have association with women unless it's for preaching, correct? (which is what he has been doing for me.) But we can still be friends?

Respect him as an intelligent individual, and check out this whole Hare Krishna thing - maybe he's on to something :P

Yes, I have alot of respect for him :) I also, began checking out the movement before all this.. And I really like everything about it. I'm doing alot of reading and learning many wonderful things. It's amazing :)