IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
random1

need to know....

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

I have joined this forum to try and get a better understanding about Hinduism and what I am.

I am a 28 year old from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> and have always been raised up with certain religious customs but until now I never had any interest and at this late stage I don’t even know why we do some of the basic stuff. It is really bad and I need to have an understanding, so I have a few questions and would be grateful if someone can answer:

I am a swaminarayan so some questions will be based around this but hopefully someone will still be able to anwer.

• Why do we (I) wear a kanti?
  • What is the aarti, and why do we do it?
  • Why do we do the devo at home?
  • Ranging from different caste temples why the BAPS temples have murti’s of Gunatitanand Swami and Gopalanand Swami. Who are they?

I think that’s all the question I have for now, but like you see very silly not to know. Look forward to hear from you.

R

Jay Swaminarayan.

Yeah sure most of your questions will be anwered on here:

swaminarayan-oldham.org/Life_and_Faith_Book/Contents/Contents__Life_and_Faith.htm

However as for your last question. Well placing the murti’s of Gunatitanand Swami and Gopalanand Swami, are not a custom of the original Samapraday created by Swaminarayan Bhagwan. This later started in 1906 when a few sadhus broke awy from the original Vadtal branch gadi.

I would be happy to answer any future questions if you ever want to email me on m_bhudia@hotmail.co.uk