IndiaDivine.org

SB 9.4.63 How to become dear to Lord Krsna

Rate this topic

theist

TRANSLATION SB 9.4.63

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said to the brahmana: I am completely under the control of My devotees. Indeed, I am not at all independent. Because My devotees are completely devoid of material desires, I sit only within the cores of their hearts. What to speak of My devotee, even those who are devotees of My devotee are very dear to Me.

PURPORT by Srila Prabhupada

All the great stalwart personalities in the universe, including Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, are fully under the control of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but the Supreme Personality of Godhead is fully under the control of His devotee. Why is this? Because the devotee is anyabhilashita-sunya; in other words, he has no material desires in his heart. His only desire is to think always of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and how to serve Him best. Because of this transcendental qualification, the Supreme Lord is extremely favorable to the devotees -- indeed, not only the devotees, but also the devotees of the devotees. Srila Narottama dasa Thakura says, chadiya vaishnava-seva nistara payeche keba: without being a devotee of a devotee, one cannot be released from material entanglement. Therefore Caitanya Mahaprabhu identified Himself as gopi-bhartuh pada-kamalayor dasa-dasanudasah. Thus he instructed us to become not directly servants of Krishna but servants of the servant of Krishna. Devotees like Brahma, Narada, Vyasadeva and Sukadeva Gosvami are directly servants of Krishna, and one who becomes a servant of Narada, Vyasadeva and Sukadeva, like the six Gosvamis, is still more devoted. Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura therefore says, yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasadah: ** if one very sincerely serves the spiritual master, Krishna certainly becomes favorable to such a devotee. Following the instructions of a devotee is more valuable than following the instructions of the Supreme Personality of Godhead directly.

---

This is how Krsna recalls the lost living beings. He sends His empowered devotees throughtout the universe teaching according to time place and circumstance. Those that are attracted to one of His empowered devotees and offers service to that devotee, Krsna's ambassador, immediately becomes dear to Krsna even though his knowledge of Krsna may still be vague.

If such a fortunate soul maintains his service attitude to Krsna's devotee he remains dear to Krsna who out of kindness enlightens that soul from within and guides him to his next birth where he will find circumstances favorable to his further advancement.

And further, if such a fortunate soul is strongly attached to serving one of Krsna's empowered devotees or shaktivesa-avatars then he may even be allowed take birth in close proximity to that great soul for continued instruction.

How to serve such a devotee is easy if we are willing. We need only dovetail our will with his instructions. Serving the instructions of Krsna ambassadors is the only path to perfection.

Thoughts please.

Yes, it is possible to actally meet such a person in this lifetime . If we pray hard enough.

"Pray unceasingly" Pray as if you life depended on it. And it does .:pray:

You whole spiritual life becomes super real, above this world of matter, when you can hear directle from the lips of a bona-fide guru in real time whereupon you dear Theistji can receive relevant instructions and make relevant inquiries on the science of love of God. Pray for Guru and Guru will appear according to your sincere call from your heart.:pray: