IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Comparative religion is useless.

Rate this topic

By the way...I read in the Sri Krsna Samhita that....'Vrindavana is a land of faith'.

quote by bija

Sri Krsna Samhita Chapter 5 text 13

vishvaasa-vishaye ramye nadi cid-drava-rupini

tasyaam tu pitaram magnam uddhritya-lilayaa harih

In Shri Vrindaavana, the land of faith, the Yamunaa, the personification of spiritual liquid, flows. Nanda Mahaaraaja was merged in that water, and the Lord delivered him as part of His pastimes.

All this talk of comparing one religion over another has no intrinsic value. Especially at the moment of death. At that point what matters is the Name of God and our realization of the transcendental nature of our own being.

The only religion is that one that is intrinsic to the eternal soul. Our eternal dharma. And that is loving service to the Lord. "Simple for the simple".

Hare Krishna

All glories to Srila Prabhupad

Everybody should remember themselves that one day Death person will knock our door also. We Should prepare ourselves to Death. Simply we can serve Prabhupad,

By distributing his books.

By Chanting the holy name of the Lord Krishna. Esp. Hare Krishna Maha-mantra to 16 rounds regularly.

We received the knowledge from Srila Prabhupad. So we have to serve Srila Prabhupad. Everything Srila Prabhupad has given in his instructions and in his books. Better to spend more time in reading Prabhupad's Books. If we are accepting Srila Prabhupad as Jagat Guru, then we can also spread this sankirtan movement with the attitude what Srila Prabhupad had. Because Srila Prabhupad had seen truth he can save us from the crucial death time. always following Srila Prabhupad's instructions will give us bliss and make us to a eternal servant of Lord Krishna.If Guru is satisfied then Lord will also be satisfied. comparing other process will not give bliss.

Jagat guru Srila Prabhupad Ki - Jai

Ian Polsen: There is a magazine called Studies in Comparative Religion which is published in this country, which I feel...

Prabhupada: That will not help you.

Ian Polsen: No, but the reason why I mention it is that I think it is a magazine that Your Grace might contribute to, to propagate Krishna consciousness. Because it's based on three principles: principles of traditional religion, the principles of spiritual guidance from a spiritual master, and the invocation of the name of God. There is great similarity there, and I think that the few people who read that magazine could be reached through the magazine.

Prabhupada: What is the name?

Ian Polsen: It is called Studies in Comparative Religion. And I can leave the... I have no interest in this magazine except that I to it.

Prabhupada: Hm. Comparative religion, from our point of view, that there cannot be many religions, cannot be many religions. Religion means... We define religion as the law given by God. So we understand from Bhagavad-gita that God says, Krishna says, man-mana bhava mad-bhaktah, mad-yaji mam namaskuru: "Always think of Me, become My devotee, offer your obeisances unto Me.'' So any religion that has no conception of God, how he can think of God? If I think of something, that something must be known to me; otherwise how can I think of it? If I imagine something, that is not wanted. My imagination of God... God is not a thing to be imagined by me. He is a concrete thing. Therefore according to our philosophy, any so-called religion which has no conception of God, that is not religion. That is simply mental speculation. We accept that religion means the law given by God. But if you do not know what is God, what is His law, then where is religion? Therefore in the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is said that all types of pseudo religion is rejected. You can ask any religious man, "What is your conception of God?'' he cannot give any clear conception. So far we are concerned, we can immediately give conception of God—His name, His address, everything. That is the difference. Strictly speaking, we do not accept any system of religion as bona fide. They are all rejected. That is not religion. They do not know what is God. What is that religion? Strictly speaking, that is not religion. *But if we speak publicly, they will be angry. So this comparative study of religion, we don't believe in it, because there is no religion. Where is the scope of comparative study?

(...)

As we know Vaisnavism is not another of the worlds "faiths". Vaisnavism is the spiritsoul acting in its natural function as the servant of the Supreme Lord.

In regard to the various "religions " of the world there is no sense of competition to see which group can be the most dominant with the most number of followers or Temples, Churches, or Mosques. We can let them fight it out.

*Transcendental knowledge is not transmitted through moods of anger.

Vaisnava's are above the fray. Their focus is on Krsna and where they come in contact with those who identify as some other "faith" The Vaisnava does not induce anger in them, he speaks in such a way as to help that individual soul progress to the next step in God consciousness or he doesn't speak at all.

Some would use the words of Vaisnavism as weapons for the false ego by belittling others in their search for God because of their beginner status in God realization. This is nothing more than a need to make one's"self" feel big by making others feel small. Such an attitude is never found in a Real Vaisnava by is quite pronounced in the Apparent Vaisnava.

We are all beginners with very few exceptions and even those exceptions see themselves as beginners, so what to speak of us.

Using Vaisnava teachings in this way is analagous to Ravanna trying to use Sita for his own enjoyment. IOW's there is no genuine touch of the transcendence in such endeavors.

Let us resist this urge to conquer in the useless world of comparative religion. Our goal must be to establish service to the Supreme Lord as the only real religion of the self and that will never be accomplished by dredging up dirt on some "faiths" past history. We can know these things in the spirit of learning nescience and science side by side but we should not wallow in it.

Just one soul's opinion.

My religion (whatever it is) is better than yours (whatever it is). Don't believe? :confused: I will prove. Then you will be forced to believe.:smash:

I find many things in your religion, which have been proven wrong by Science. You find the same problem in my religion? How dare you do that?:mad: Do you give more importance to mundane scientists than what is spoken by God?

Oh, so you say that I should not use mundane Science to judge your religion. Come on. Don't be emotional. Use logic. Are you trying to use logic to judge my religion? Don't you know that mundane logic should not be applied in spiritual things?

You say that Science can be wrong? Of course, it can be. But there are many things in your religion, which contradict what we clearly observe. Now, don't start finding the same problem in my religion. Remember that you should not trust your senses. After all they are imperfect.

My religion cannot be wrong. It is given by God. It is clearly written in my religion that it is given by God. Is it written in your religion that it is given by God? What a fool you are! :crazy: Don't you know that circular logic is not a valid logic at all?

Now you must agree that my religion is perfect and your religion is wrong. Better to agree now than to repent later.:crying2: If you do not agree then :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

My religion (whatever it is) is better than yours (whatever it is). Don't believe? :confused: I will prove. Then you will be forced to believe.:smash:

I find many things in your religion, which have been proven wrong by Science. You find the same problem in my religion? How dare you do that?:mad: Do you give more importance to mundane scientists than what is spoken by God?

Oh, so you say that I should not use mundane Science to judge your religion. Come on. Don't be emotional. Use logic. Are you trying to use logic to judge my religion? Don't you know that mundane logic should not be applied in spiritual things?

You say that Science can be wrong? Of course, it can be. But there are many things in your religion, which contradict what we clearly observe. Now, don't start finding the same problem in my religion. Remember that you should not trust your senses. After all they are imperfect.

My religion cannot be wrong. It is given by God. It is clearly written in my religion that it is given by God. Is it written in your religion that it is given by God? What a fool you are! :crazy: Don't you know that circular logic is not a valid logic at all?

Now you must agree that my religion is perfect and your religion is wrong. Better to agree now than to repent later.:crying2: If you do not agree then :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

love this! please publish worldwide :)