IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krishnadasa

How sad and stupid.....

Rate this topic

Sometimes it really sucks when I see many things like streets, some cities and also some premier educational institues are named after some bloody third class politicinas like Nehru....:mad2: Such a womaniser lead his entire life in sense gratification and also root cause for kashmir problem in India. How on earth the people in India can be so stupid? this hasnt stopped, people even celebrate his birthday as some bloody stuff and the govt'l organisations will be closed this day. Oh krishna, what to say about those who celebrate the birthday of a womaniser... what to say about those people who jst madly elect his descencents without any proper rationale...Whats going wrong here , and what has to be changed... well who will change it....

I felt like laughing when I read some threads here about India becoming super power in coming years...They are really foolish ones... The fate of this country is not in the hands of somne astrologers.. Its in the hands of the people..... And ofcourse as you sow so shall you reap.....And Krishna would be happy to popin and help when one is making a sincere effort

hari hari bol

If it wasn't for nehru India would maybe still be under british rule.! I saw this movie on Tv, he worked hard and tried to build an army but his plane crashed, not sure what happened after that. I think visited places all over the world. I think he was married to a British Women:)

Coming to the point, you would seldom find streets on the names of Lord or for that matter atleast some great saints.....whereever you go u have one street naming nheru and gandhi/// as if by taking theri names one wud get some great heaven he he

Guest guest

Nehru was a complete disgrace. And so many Indians think he was some great personality which is a bigger disgrace.

Coming to the point, you would seldom find streets on the names of Lord or for that matter atleast some great saints.....whereever you go u have one street naming nheru and gandhi/// as if by taking theri names one wud get some great heaven he he

Guest guest

Of course he had faults. Kennedy, lincoln, washington, Martin Luther King. But look at the job he had, to begin the largest democracy in the history of the world, still having to follow thru on euro partitioning (speaking of history repeating). He walked a tightrope between russia and americas cold war while maintaining non-alliance to either.

People like nehru are not ordinary, therefore, immune from criticism (or praise, for that matter) from the very ordinary.

mahak

Of course he had faults. Kennedy, lincoln, washington, Martin Luther King. But look at the job he had, to begin the largest democracy in the history of the world, still having to follow thru on euro partitioning (speaking of history repeating). He walked a tightrope between russia and americas cold war while maintaining non-alliance to either.

People like nehru are not ordinary, therefore, immune from criticism (or praise, for that matter) from the very ordinary.

mahak

That's a nice sentiment and I respect your opinion but I get the feeling you would only extend such courtesy to leaders that you personally approve of. I definetly think you are right "we should not begrudge" (as Prabhupada says) the leaders we get (of which I myself am guilty of doing) because ultimately in the Kali-yuga they are the leaders we end up deserving and I don't know anything about this Nehru fellow but here is a good quote from one of Prabhupada's purports on Srimad Bhagavatam:

"And all such transcendentalists, who are naturally devotees of the

Lord, are always eager to render welfare service to the people in general.

They are the real friends of the people in general, not the so-called

public leaders who are unable to see what is going to happen five minutes

ahead. In this age the people in general as well as their so-called

leaders are all unlucky fellows, faithless in spiritual knowledge and

influenced by the age of Kali. They are always disturbed by various

diseases. For example, in the present age there are so many TB patients

and TB hospitals, but formerly this was not so because the time was not so

unfavourable."

;

"A God conscious brahmana would never advise opening slaughterhouses. But now, the many rascals heading the government allow animal slaughter. When Maharaja Pariksit saw a degraded man trying to kill a cow, he immediately drew his sword and said, "Who are you? Why are you trying to kill this cow?" He was a real king. Nowadays, unqualified men have taken the presidential post. And although they may pose themselves as very religous, they are simply rascals. Why? Because under their noses thousands of cows are being killed, while they collect a good salary. Any leader who is at all religous should resign his post in protest if cow slaughter goes on under his rule. Since people do not know that these administrators are rascals, they are suffering. And the people are also rascals because they are voting for these bigger rascals."

Guest guest

for your consistant good posts. No, I have no special appreciation for nehru, he was never my leader. My post is that not just ordinary people are empowered over others, this is Krsnas arrangement.

If we were speaking of Patrice Lumumba, I would be biased. I have favored some that many may think reprehensible, like Hugo Chavez. I never understood why amerika hated castro so much. I favor Daniel Ortega of Nicaragua, and I favored Jimmy Carter.

Not nehru, though, hes just a demi god (or demagogue, for some), but hes not ordinary, so streets named after him are fine with me.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

for your consistant good posts. No, I have no special appreciation for nehru, he was never my leader. My post is that not just ordinary people are empowered over others, this is Krsnas arrangement.

If we were speaking of Patrice Lumumba, I would be biased. I have favored some that many may think reprehensible, like Hugo Chavez. I never understood why amerika hated castro so much. I favor Daniel Ortega of Nicaragua, and I favored Jimmy Carter.

Not nehru, though, hes just a demi god (or demagogue, for some), but hes not ordinary, so streets named after him are fine with me.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Naturally, one who is suffered only know the pain, for the rest it looks like a mere show....Nehru wasnt any demigo. by camparing him with a demigod one would simply offend a demigod.. Demigods are exhalted souls , great devotees.. Nehru was a low class, so is his next birth as Dog (as saw by Srila Prabhupada after hsi death)....

I aint against him for he too is a soul, but i am agaisnt people who say bad as good and keep him as an example for the people to follow

hari hari bol

Hari hari bol

Guest guest

Haribol. I use the word loosely. I use the word demigod to denote one of unusual presence of the six opulences. Maybe there should be another word.

I do not contend that these "great" personalities are suras or asuras. These words denote intent or malintent of those who are described.

Basically, all power is attributable to the Supreme Lord, as confirmed by Bhagavad Gita. Even Prahlada acknowledges that Hiranyakasipu gets all his power from Krsna.

Sorry if my loose use of the word demigod in reference to Nehru offends you. I would also use the same points to acknowledge Hitler, Mick Jagger, any personality who exhibits unusual possession of power, wealth, wisdom, beauty, fame, and renunciation. However, the word makes better sense when describing unusual characteristic of a positive nature.

In my defense, Srila Prabhupada also sometimes used a looser definition of demigod as well. He derides demigod worship, referring to worship of demoniac persons who repay tribute with gift. But he never derides the worship ofr great Vaisnava Authorities like Siva, Brahma, Narada, Yama, demigods who are also authorities and mahabhagavatas of the science of Bhakti Yoga. He did not denigrate their position by referring to mick jagger as a demigod or referring to great renowned sports heroes as demigods.

Demi god actually defines as one who is a little god because of great qualities, never to be confused with the source of his power.

Ill still use my definition, noreena mckennett is still a goddess. But Nehru aint pretty, cant sing. He did get votes, though, ten times as many votes as any two US presidents combined in their best landslides. Hes the demigod of getting votes, even if he didnt get yours.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Mahakji, I am not offended by whatsoever statement you made. And be careful about offending about any demigod. Demigod literally means Deva, thats sura and demons cant be demigods, they are asuras..... Then one cant compare oneself with spiritual masters like Srila Prabhupada... If he makes any offending (though very turthful) statements he knows how to tackle the bad vibrations coming out of it,, so is to deal with the sins from his direct disciples.... But when we make any offence to demigods, it might become a great difficulty to sustain the blow , unless we become pure devotees... i have experienced it......

Best policy is to row cooly and calmy without disturbing the water too much:)

Hari hari bol

Haribol. I use the word loosely. I use the word demigod to denote one of unusual presence of the six opulences. Maybe there should be another word.

I do not contend that these "great" personalities are suras or asuras. These words denote intent or malintent of those who are described.

Basically, all power is attributable to the Supreme Lord, as confirmed by Bhagavad Gita. Even Prahlada acknowledges that Hiranyakasipu gets all his power from Krsna.

Sorry if my loose use of the word demigod in reference to Nehru offends you. I would also use the same points to acknowledge Hitler, Mick Jagger, any personality who exhibits unusual possession of power, wealth, wisdom, beauty, fame, and renunciation. However, the word makes better sense when describing unusual characteristic of a positive nature.

In my defense, Srila Prabhupada also sometimes used a looser definition of demigod as well. He derides demigod worship, referring to worship of demoniac persons who repay tribute with gift. But he never derides the worship ofr great Vaisnava Authorities like Siva, Brahma, Narada, Yama, demigods who are also authorities and mahabhagavatas of the science of Bhakti Yoga. He did not denigrate their position by referring to mick jagger as a demigod or referring to great renowned sports heroes as demigods.

Demi god actually defines as one who is a little god because of great qualities, never to be confused with the source of his power.

Ill still use my definition, noreena mckennett is still a goddess. But Nehru aint pretty, cant sing. He did get votes, though, ten times as many votes as any two US presidents combined in their best landslides. Hes the demigod of getting votes, even if he didnt get yours.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa