IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Before Christianity and Islam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi folks,

Before Christianity and Islam, does anyone know what the main religions of the Middle, East, East were? Did BharatKhand include what is now the arab states, Malasia, Singapore, Indonesia etc? if so, that would mean they were all practising the sanatan dharm. What about China? Was this ever part of Bharatkhand?

someone here might be able to direct you to an article i read a while back that theorises vedic presence in the Arabic states more than a few thousand years ago and also at the time of the Prophet PBUH. Unfortunately it is not backed up by more solid evidence, but the logic is sound. I can't remember the author name but if i seee it online i'll post it. Someone on this forum has posted it before so it might be worth doing a search. It might also be on Stephen Knapp's website.

Guest guest

Singapore is not an arab state. Singapore is a sanskrit word meaning lion city indicating the presence of indian kings and population there quite a few centuries ago. However, the population of Singapore is predominantly chinese.

The other inslands in that area were also ruled by Indian kings at different times and hinduism has a presence there.

The middle east had many religions. Zoroastrianism and Buddhism were practiced in the Afghanistan and Persian (Iran) area until the advent of islam. The rest of the ME had jews and some other local pagan religions.