IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

How Americans see God! Are we not all Americans now???

Rate this topic

How Americans see God

<!-- end .post-top --><!-- the main section of the post goes here -->By David Van Biema

By asking Americans how they perceive God, researchers have constructed four religious view points.

An extensive survey divided religion into four ways of seeing God, which they say is a better indicator of political and moral attitudes than denomination.

Untitlsw1.jpg

Uw22w-1.jpg

Untewew-1.jpg

Unti54541.jpg

why does God have to be one dimensional?

Why can't God be all of the above?

In fact I think we could say that God is ALL of the above and even more than that.

Sounds like person who is looking for something.

Try each "God":

Authoritarian;

Who's definition describes 'unfaithful' or "ungodly" .... then 'who' is going to 'punish'? From who's description?

I have met one African American in my life time; someone who was born their and became a citizen, here. The rest of the variant Americans born in here are just american. Any other definition of this is isolating, self preserving or just prejudice

Benevolent:

How deeply involved is involved and at what scale or interaction; Psychological? Molecular? Then by which definition or which sect?

Distant:

“God is more of a Cosmic force that set the laws of nature in motion.”

Not bad! So the question is, is “God” something separate at some distance?

Critical:

“unhappy” and ‘exact divine judgment’ Who? Where? How? And finally, When?

Then we are back to “who’s definition describes” What makes God happy? Where is God? How does God interact? And When will this judgment occur?

Then lastly, “American” how nice it is to be able to have the freedom of these questions as it is this ability to ask and correspond with these questions are we ever to know in a collective understanding where as eventually the scope is universal to defined principle of majority.

But this can not occur least until the definition of Who, What, Where and How this ever mentioned “God” is!

The best extrapolation so far would be the ever ending interdependence of everything argumentatively represented 2 dimensionally as ‘yin and yang’ but functionally addressed as the concept; ‘change,’ in which neither are measured nor known without the other noted.

So to put this in a grounded physical state; the interaction of mass and energy; which neither could exist without the other hence this resolves to observing that all of each are relevant and isometrically; One!

We are here! We know it! Just by that we have choice, can create and then Love, each a description used in almost every theological representation of God.

All other things follow the laws of interaction (environment) which can be seen as instinctive yet universal at every scale except with a conscious thing.

Consciousness offers the window to know all of it least the descriptive mechanisms of language because of no abilities to involve a single set of “principles of majority.”

I am an American. Where is my category and straight jacket?

Guest guest

"I am an American. Where is my category and straight jacket?"

Bishadi,

You are one of the rare souls that don't fit a category.

So long as you are having some fun with the devotees, Krsna directed you.... like all of us to a very blessed path.

Stay away from the straight jackets, they limit your freedom of expression.

Real life is beautiful.

God is kind

Chant Hare Krishna

Straight jackets tend to get a little tight around the armpits.

Someone once said to me, "don't let anyone put you in a box."

Good advice at the time. Still good advice now. Maybe it is an eternal truth!?

Anyway.....to the question of

'are we not all americans now'?

My citizenship on my birth certificate is Australian. Much to the disappointment of my fellow patriots (and general opinion), and due to the subtle influence of Krsna consciousness teachings...I don't know if I am Autralian any more! What a pickle!:(

Maybe I, am American? Am I?

"I am an American. Where is my category and straight jacket?"

Bishadi,

You are one of the rare souls that don't fit a category.

So long as you are having some fun with the devotees, Krsna directed you.... like all of us to a very blessed path.

Stay away from the straight jackets, they limit your freedom of expression.

Real life is beautiful.

God is kind

Chant Hare Krishna

Thanks! The truth with as much honesty as I am capable and if what is being said is something of quality then i did something good!

God is everything to me!

Straight jackets tend to get a little tight around the armpits.

Someone once said to me, "don't let anyone put you in a box."

Good advice at the time. Still good advice now. Maybe it is an eternal truth!?

Anyway.....to the question of

My citizenship on my birth certificate is Australian. Much to the disappointment of my fellow patriots (and general opinion), and due to the subtle influence of Krsna consciousness teachings...I don't know if I am Autralian any more! What a pickle!:(

Maybe I, am American? Am I?

Since I do play alot in the science region and have real difficulty with the current model, when i open up suggestions in my less then perfect articulation, sometimes I am considered a little touched. It is why I rarely communicated in the field during the last 20 years; I waited until I was positive the framework was correct.

As for theology well I always knew I had a different view even as a kid, when I was told to 'do unto others as you would unto yourself.' That changed me and then from there just studied every sect I could before realizing none of them have it right. Every one have quality and wonderful insights but all of them are just a weeeeee short of getting it right.

So just imagine how nutty I have to be to be able to couple theology with the sciences. Maybe a little long sleeved jacket with a cute bow in the back should be in my fashion line.

The idea was if we are conscious we have choice. As a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comforums<st1:country-region><st1:place>USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> citizen; freedom of choice is synonymous to being an American in the view.

I know it is quite debatable and I apologize for not being clear and never wished to imply a negative other then to suggest the beauty of ‘freedom of choice.’

IN the other context of the “African” American…. If they vote then no one needs to be adding an adjective otherwise I will begin calling myself the “Best American.” See it makes no sense.

Equal; man, women, race, religion!

So it was my ignorance for using the analogy in more then one sense. Oops!

This is a very nice sentiment, much appreciated Bishadi.

Thanks and good day, sorry about calling 'everyone' an American. I do love the place but our leaders leave much to be desired in representing my views.

The idea was if we are conscious we have choice. As a <st1:country-region><st1:place>USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> citizen; freedom of choice is synonymous to being an American in the view.

I know it is quite debatable and I apologize for not being clear and never wished to imply a negative other then to suggest the beauty of ‘freedom of choice.’

IN the other context of the “African” American…. If they vote then no one needs to be adding an adjective otherwise I will begin calling myself the “Best American.” See it makes no sense.

Equal; man, women, race, religion!

So it was my ignorance for using the analogy in more then one sense. Oops! quote by bishadi

Yes I feel so to that freedom of choice is so important. It is a quality that God in wisdom has given us for all eternity to possess it seems.

My previous post was not referring to anything you have said. I was referring to the header of the original post in a touch of sarcasim. I must confess, sarcasim is not one of my best qualities. I think I must have been having a bad hair day yesterday. Please forgive me.

In fact I find your writings very positive and enlightening. I really enjoy reading your writing Bishadi. It also is good for developing my reading skills and thinking processes. Keep it coming, friend.:)

Yes I feel so to that freedom of choice is so important. It is a quality that God in wisdom has given us for all eternity to possess it seems.

My previous post was not referring to anything you have said. I was referring to the header of the original post in a touch of sarcasim. I must confess, sarcasim is not one of my best qualities. I think I must have been having a bad hair day yesterday. Please forgive me.

In fact I find your writings very positive and enlightening. I really enjoy reading your writing Bishadi. It also is good for developing my reading skills and thinking processes. Keep it coming, friend.:)<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Friends do show care an you have. Thank you!

I like to view freedom of choice as that gift within consciousness. Within consciousness we can realize or feel and in doing so it implies choice.

This resolves to a physical applicability that this choice is how we can Love. Otherwise the only Love would be as a intent to continue living; instinctive.

Best put in the context that without freedom of choice we could never know Love!

SO yes, it is beautiful to have freedom of choice.

I like to view freedom of choice as that gift within consciousness. Within consciousness we can realize or feel and in doing so it implies choice. quote by bishadi

Yes, and with such freedom, a sense of responsibility can be nurtured and developed. Bringing us to fullness of stature.

Best put in the context that without freedom of choice we could never know Love! quote by bishadi

And with this sense of freedom and responsibility we can express our intrinsic individuality to it's fullest. With the quality of benignity increasing with full maturity.

Technically, the freedom of choice is simultaneously our greatest strength and weakness.

Atrocities across the globe are always committed by people who believe, through their reason, that their way is better, or that their thought is better than the one besides them. Not to mention the lack of reason in certain individuals leading them to believe in the wrong path of their leader.

Animals have no such problems, as they are continually in harmony with Nature. Humans on the whole, however, do not do so and are more or less parasites, in a pessimistic light. Freedom of choice, then, could be seen as a disastrous aspect of Humanity, leading one to believe that we would be much better off as animals.

Yes I see what you are saying. All the saints have pointed to us paths for entering our fullness. It is a continual striving for the human it seems. Interestingly human relates to the word humane. We so desperately need to grow and become full. To learn tolerance, humility, etc. To learn the highest conception of love.

The world seems to be in need of great guidance. Someone to teach us how to fully actualize/self realise on an individual level. Where dogma and barriers can fall away.

I guess this is the hope for the Golden Age or New Earth or whatever sages have called. It is our greatest call, and it must be based on love.

To realise we are all spiritual brothers and sisters.

Each of us needs to take responsibility and take up the spiritual call, and while doing it, develop patience with those who have not yet heard the call.

Yes, and with such freedom, a sense of responsibility can be nurtured and developed. Bringing us to fullness of stature.
Awesome! As we can create yet be responsible to gear output towards positive growth.

And with this sense of freedom and responsibility we can express our intrinsic individuality to it's fullest. With the quality of benignity increasing with full maturity.

Not sure on the 'benignity' but it rolls nicely. Freedom or Consciousness is the gift offering that knowledge of the total; God.

Technically, the freedom of choice is simultaneously our greatest strength and weakness.
That's an understatement!

Atrocities across the globe are always committed by people who believe, through their reason, that their way is better, or that their thought is better than the one besides them. Not to mention the lack of reason in certain individuals leading them to believe in the wrong path of their leader.
Beautifully put but atrocities or false representations are usually either because of just being mislead or of selfishness.

Animals have no such problems, as they are continually in harmony with Nature. Humans on the whole, however, do not do so and are more or less parasites, in a pessimistic light. Freedom of choice, then, could be seen as a disastrous aspect of Humanity, leading one to believe that we would be much better off as animals.
woops.... a swing and a miss.....

Think about it. beast ... kill each other with no thought of feelings. We must not ...

Same with boinking ... what fun that would be, but our partners would be harmed by this life style.

So as nature seems pretty harmoneous, it is quite cruel and vial in the conscious sense of reasoning. It would be beastly but with the one side of care we also have such a selfish side, which can eclipses the cruelty of the instinctive. We have the ability to damage many others for our own selfish gain.