nitai16108

Ten Appeals for Residence at Govardhana Hill

Rate this topic

Text 1

nija-pati-bhuja-daNDac-chatra-bhAvaM prapadya

pratihata-mada-dhRSToddaNDa-devendra-garva

atula-pRthula-zaila-zreNi-bhUpa priyaM me

nija-nikaTa-nivAsaM dehi govardhana tvam

nija-own; pati-of the Lord; bhuja-arm; daNDac-handle; chatra-of an umbrella; bhAvam-the state; prapadya-attaining; pratihata-checked; mada-arrogant; dhRSTa-bold; uddaNDa-with raised wepons; devendra-the king of the demigods; garva-pride; atula-incomparable; pRthula-great; zaila-mountain; zreNi-series; bhUpa-king; priyam-dear; me-to me; nija-own; nikaTa-near; nivAsam-residence; dehi-please give; govardhana-O Govardhana; tvam-you.

O Govardhana, O king of all incomparable great mountains, O hill that became an umbrella with the arm of your own Lord as the handle and then destroyed the pride of the deva king madly attacking with raised weapons, please grant the residence near you that is so dear to me.

Text 2

pramada-madana-lIlAH kandare kandare te

racayati nava-yUnor dvandvam asminn amandam

iti kila kalanArthaM lagnakas tad-dvayor me

pramada-passionate; madana-amorous; lIlAH-pastimes; kandare kandare-in every cave; te-of you; racayati-performs; nava-yUnor dvandvam-the youthful divine couple; asminn-in this; amandam-great; iti-thus; kila-indeed; kalana-of seeing; artham-for the purpose; lagnakaH-guarantee; tad-that; dvayoH-of the two; me-of me.

O Govardhana, please grant to me the residence near you that will guarantee the sight of the youthful divine couple as they enjoy passionate amorous pastimes in your caves.

Text 3

anupama-maNi-vedI-ratna-siMhAsanorvI-

ruha-jhara-dara-sAnu-droNi-saGgheSu raGgaiH

saha bala-sakhibhiH saGkhelayan sva-priyaM me

anupama-incomparable; maNi-jeweled; vedI-courtyards; ratna-jeweled; siMhAsana-lion-thrones; UrvIruha-trees; jhara-waterfalls and swiftly-flowing mountain brooks; dara caves; sAnu-peaks; droNi valleys; saGgheSu-in the multitudes; raGgaiH-with happiness; saha-with; bala-Lord BalarAma; sakhibhiH-with friends; saGkhelayan-playing; sva-own; priyam-dear; me-to me.

O Govardhana, O hill where Lord KRSNa happily plays with BalarAma and His friends in the incomparable jeweled courtyards, jeweled lion-thrones, trees, waterfalls, mountain-brooks, caves, peaks, and valleys, please grant the residence near you that is so dear to me.

Text 4

rasa-nidhi-nava-yUnoH sAkSiNIM dAna-keler

dyuti-parimala-viddhaM zyAma-vediM prakaSya

rasika-vara-kulAnAM modam AsphAlayan me

rasa-of nectar; nidhi-oceans; nava-yUnoH-of the youthful divine couple; sAkSiNIm-the witness; dAna-keleH-of the dAna-keli pastime; dyuti-splendor; parimala-fragrance; viddham-filled; zyAma-dark; vedim-courtyard; prakaSya-manifesting; rasika-vara-kulAnAm-of the best of those expert at relishing transcendental pastimes; modam-happiness; AsphAlayan-causing; me-of me.

O Govardhana, O hill that provides the dark courtyard that witnesses the dAna-keli pastime of the nectar-treasure youthful divine couple, O hill that brings great bliss to the best of they who relish transcendental nectar, please grant to me residence near you.

Text 5

hari-dayitam apUrvaM rAdhikA-kuNDam Atma-

priya-sakham iha kaNThe narmaNAliGgya guptaH

nava-yuva-yuga-khelAs tatra pazyan raho me

hari-to Lord KRSNa; dayitam-dear; apUrvam-unprecedented; rAdhikA-kuNDam-RAdhA-kuNDa; Atma-own; priya-sakham-dear friend; iha-here; kaNThe-on the neck; narmaNA-playfully; AliGgya-embracing; guptaH-hidden; nava-yuva-yuga-of the youthful divine couple; khelAH-pastimes; tatra-there; pazyan-seeing; rahaH-in a solitary place; me-of me.

O Govardhana, O hill that, hiding as you playfully embrace the neck of your dear friend, Lord Hari's dear, unprecedented RAdhA-kuNDa, secretly gazes at the pastimes of the youthful divine couple, please grant to me residence near you.

Text 6

sthala-jala-tala-zaSpair bhUruha-chAyayA ca

pratipadam anukAlaM hanta samvardhayan gAH

tri-jagati nija-gotraM sArthakaM khyApayan me

sthala-land; jala-water; tala-surface; zaSpaiH-with grasses; bhUruha-of trees; chAyayA-with the shade; ca-and; pratipadam-at every step; anukAlam-at the right time; hanta-indeed; samvardhayan-nourishing; gAH-the cows; tri-jagati-in the three worlds; nija-own; gotram-name; sArthakam-meaningful; khyApayan-proclaiming; me-of me.

O Govardhana, O hill that by nourishing the cows with its water, grass, and the shade of its trees declares to the three worlds the appropriateness of its own name, please grant to me residence near you.

Note: Govardhana means "that which nourishes (vardhana) the cows (go)."

Text 7

surapati-kRta-dIrgha-drohato goSTha-rakSAM

tava nava-gRha-rUpasyAntare kurvataiva

agha-baka-ripuNoccair datta-mAna drutaM me

surapati-of the king of the demigods; kRta-done; dIrgha-long; drohataH-from the enmity; goSTha-of Vraja; rakSAm-protection; tava-of you; nava-new; gRha-house; rUpasya-in the form; antare-within; kurvatA-doing; eva-indeed; agha-baka-ripuNA-by Lord KRSNa, the enemy of BakAsura; uccaiH-greatly; datta-given; mAna-honor; drutam-quickly; me-of me.

O Govardhana, O hill that the enemy of Agha and Baka honored by transforming into a new house to give Vraja protection from the sustained fury of the sura king, please grant to me residence near you.

Text 8

giri-nRpa-hari-dAsa-zreNi-varyeti-nAmA-

mRtam idam uditaM zrI-rAdhikA-vaktra-candrAt

vraja-nava-tilakatve klpta-vedaiH sphuTaM me

giri-of hills; nRpa-the king; hari-of Lord KRSNa; dAsa-of servants; zreNi-of the multitudes; varya-the best; iti-thus; nAma-name; amRtam-nectar; idam-this; uditam-spoken; zrI-rAdhikA-of zrI RAdhA; vaktra-of the mouth; candrAt-from the moon; vraja-of Vraja; nava-new; tilakatve-as the tilaka marking; klpta-conceived; vedaiH-by the Vedas; sphuTam-manifested; me-of me.

O Govardhana, O king of mountains, O hill whose nectar name "the best of Lord Hari's servants" flows from the moon of zrI RAdhA's mouth, O hill that the Vedas declare to be the tilaka marking of Vraja, please grant to me residence near you.

Text 9

nija-jana-yuta-rAdhA-kRSNa-maitrI-rasAkta-

vraja-nara-pazu-pakSi-vrAta-saukhyaika-dAtaH

agaNita-karuNatvAn maM urI-kRtya tAntaM

nija-own; jana-people; yuta-endowed; rAdhA-kRSNa-of zrI zrI RAdhA-KRSNa; maitrI-friendship; rasa-nectar; Akta-anointed; vraja-of Vraja; nara-of the people; pazu-animals; pakSi-and birds; vrAta-to the hosts; saukhya-of happiness; eka-sole; dAtaH-giver; agaNita-immeasurable; karuNatvAn-because of mercy; mam-me; urI-kRtya-accepting; tAntam-distressed.

O Govardhana, O philanthropist that gives transcendental happiness to Vraja's people, animals, and birds, all anointed with the nectar of friendship for zrI zrI RAdhA-KRSNa surrounded by Their friends, out of Your immeasurable mercy, please accept unhappy me and please grant me residence near you.

Text 10

nirupadhi-karuNena zrI-zacInandanena

tvayi kapaTi-zaTho 'pi tvat-priyenArpito 'smi

iti khalu mama yogyAyogyatAM mAm agRhNan

nirupadhi-boundless; karuNena-with mercy; zrI-zacInandanena-by the son of zacI; tvayi-in you; kapaTi-a cheater;; zaThaH-a rascal; api-although; tvat-priyena-by your beloved; arpitaH-given; asmi-I am; iti-thus; khalu-certainly; mama-my; yogya-suitability; ayogyatAm-or unsuitability; mAm-me; agRhNan-not considering.

Although I am a cheater and a criminal, unlimitedly merciful Lord zacInandana, who is very dear to you, has given me to you. O Govardhana, please do not consider whether I am acceptable or not, but simply grant me residence near you.

Text 11

rasada-dazakam asya zrIla-govardhanasya

kSitidhara-kula-bhartur yaH prayatnAd adhIte

sa sapadi sukhade 'smin vAsam AsAdya sAkSAc

chubada-yugala-sevA-ratnam Apnoti tUrNam

rasada-nectarean; dazakam-ten verses; asya-of this; zrIla-govardhanasya-zrIla Govardhana; kSitidhara-of mountains; kula-of the multitudes; bhartuH-the king; yaH-one who; prayatnAd-with care; adhIte-reads; sa-he; sapadi-at once; sukhade-blissful; asmin-in this; vAsam-residence; AsAdya-attaining; sAkSAc-directly; chubada-auspicious; yugala-of the divine couple; sevA-of the service; ratnam-the jewel; Apnoti-attains; tUrNam-quickly.

One who carefully reads these ten nectar verses describing zrIla Govardhana, the king of mountains, will very soon reside near that blissful hill and quickly attain the precious jewel of the service to the handsome divine couple.

Gaite Gaite Hari Asilen Seshe

Basilen Vrindavane Amari To Veshe

By singing the name of Hari, the Lord came atlast. Lord came and sat in Vrindavan in my form

Purport:

Lord Chitannya Mohaprabhu who is incarnation of Lord Hari, came atlast to Vrindavan by singing His own name. Lord came and sat for a while in His own original form of Krsna in Vrindavan but no one could see Him in that form. So it is very difficult to understand Krsna. Only by mercy of Krsna one can see Him in His original form. Only way to see Lord is by chanting holy name of Krsna. In this golden era Lord Chitannya Mohaprbhu is only supreme. If one get mercy of Lord Chitannya Mohaprabhu, he will automatically get mercy of Lord Krsna and Radharani. So that's why this sankirtan movement is for. All glory to lotus feet of Lord Chaitannya Mohaprabhu and all His associates including Prabhupada