IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Shree Dattatreya Strotam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear devotees,

I am sharing a dream with you all, which was seen by my father. But, the conclusion of the dream is all about faith!

Couple of months ago, someone wrote in this group, about benefits of shree dattatreya vajra kavacham. I have had many problems so, accordingly I decided to read this kavach and worship guruji. I started reading it everyday with all faith in Guru Dattatreya. The kavacham itself is so descriptive(about guru dattatreya), effective and intersting that within a short time I got a very good job. Now, I am not able to read it everyday as I am busy with my studies and work both, but I do whenever I get appropriate time. Now, whenever I feel anything bad or sad, I just read this kavach and feel peaceful and calm and get lost myself in thinking of guru dattatreya.

Besides that, there is shree dattatreya strotam (created by shree naradmuni). It is very short and at the end in one RUCHA it says, by reciting this strotam one gets SAAKSHAATKAR of Guru Dattatreya. So, I just passed to my father. My interest in Bhaav-Bhakti-Puja is because of my father. It was late evening and my father read it seating on sofa. After that, we went to sleep. At, the noon next day, my father said that he had a scary dream at 1.30a.m. last night. The dream was like:

"He saw some men seating on floor. In center there were 3-4 scary men (who used to lift dead bodies) were doing something to a dead body(of a child of 10-15years). Suddenly, that dead child woke up and was waiving his hand in air".

After seeing this dream my father was scared and me and my sister could imagine that how scary it would have been seeing such in night time.

But, in the morning my father were thinking that why such dream came whilst at sleeping time he read "Dattatreya Strotam" and were continuously thinking of Lord Shiva and Guru Dattatreya. After thinking of all he read in both kavacham and strota, he got an idea that, "The dead child in the dream was none other but, Guru Dattatreya himself." Because, in one shlock, in "Dattatreya Vajra Kavacham" it says Guru Dattatreya may be surrounded sometimes by, high level (devta, rishi, pandit) personal, kids, pishachini (ghost, witch etc.). Guru dattatreya takes any form any time, short, tall, thin, fat any (Dattatreya Strotam). So, from this my father concluded that he had darshan of Guru Dattatreya, of-course the way the lord did show himself was bit scary and dodgy, but the lord says himself that devotees finds him in any form!!!

I accepted my father's conclusion. But, you are welcome to comment if any!

hari om tatsat jai guru datt,

dhruv

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Namaste,

I am residing at Leicester,UK since last three years, basically i am from gujarat state of india. I have visited the holy Girnar Mountain a twice. And it has been fun with darshan of Guru Dattatreya Charan Paduka, which is 10,000 steps above. I have never visited any temple or holy place of gurudatt except it.

Reading, dattatreya vajra kavacham is like to be with guru dattatreya himself. It is great, guru is great. I have no guru so myself I believe guru dattatreya my guruji. Two weeks ago I was reading, Examples of Shri Raman Maharishi. There was one tale of Guru Dattatreya. IT was like this:

" A king was passing with his servants and soldiers, on the road he saw a nirvastra(naked) man lying and was enjoying himself in that position. King asked his servant to tell that man get out of way. But that man did not listen and was happy himself enjoying. King got angry and came down and asked that man to get out of the way. Then also man was in joyous position. King recognized that, such a person lying in such position and enjoying himself and has great glare on his face must be a yogi. He asked humbly, who are you great yogi that you are having nothing and then also you look the happiest. The man said i've everything, i've 24 guru around me who taught me how to live happily. The birds, sky, earth, trees etc. taught me good things so i accepted and i learnt to avoid bad from bad things. "

This was guru dattatreya, who made his 24gurus to things in nature.

What a (jivan mukta) personality, who has nothing and has everything.

Hari Aum Tatsat Jai Gurudatt,

dhruv

Kama Sastry <sastry2002 > wrote:

Sai Raim,

My name is kamasastry and I only sent the message to the group memebers to read vjra kavacham so that your needs will be furlfilled.

Congratulations for getting the boon and also my pranams to your father who had the glimpse of Lord Dattatreya in his dream. Where do you stay? Have you visited Pithapuram in East Godavari District of Andrha Pradesh, where Sri Pada Vallabha has born and datta peetham is there. In Gangapur of Maharastra Sri Nrisimha Saraswathi has lived where amaraja and bhima rivers are there.

HAPPY DIWALI.

Digambara Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara, Dattavadhuta Digambara Guru Dattatreya Digambara Audumbara Audumbara Nrisimha Saraswathi Audumbhara

kamasastry

On 10/20/06, Dhruv <dhruvitime (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote: Dear devotees,

I am sharing a dream with you all, which was seen by my father. But, the conclusion of the dream is all about faith!

Couple of months ago, someone wrote in this group, about benefits of shree dattatreya vajra kavacham. I have had many problems so, accordingly I decided to read this kavach and worship guruji. I started reading it everyday with all faith in Guru Dattatreya. The kavacham itself is so descriptive(about guru dattatreya), effective and intersting that within a short time I got a very good job. Now, I am not able to read it everyday as I am busy with my studies and work both, but I do whenever I get appropriate time. Now, whenever I feel anything bad or sad, I just read this kavach and feel peaceful and calm and get lost myself in thinking of guru dattatreya.

Besides that, there is shree dattatreya strotam (created by shree naradmuni). It is very short and at the end in one RUCHA it says, by reciting this strotam one gets SAAKSHAATKAR of Guru Dattatreya. So, I just passed to my father. My interest in Bhaav-Bhakti-Puja is because of my father. It was late evening and my father read it seating on sofa. After that, we went to sleep. At, the noon next day, my father said that he had a scary dream at 1.30a.m. last night. The dream was like:

"He saw some men seating on floor. In center there were 3-4 scary men (who used to lift dead bodies) were doing something to a dead body(of a child of 10-15years). Suddenly, that dead child woke up and was waiving his hand in air".

After seeing this dream my father was scared and me and my sister could imagine that how scary it would have been seeing such in night time.

But, in the morning my father were thinking that why such dream came whilst at sleeping time he read "Dattatreya Strotam" and were continuously thinking of Lord Shiva and Guru Dattatreya. After thinking of all he read in both kavacham and strota, he got an idea that, "The dead child in the dream was none other but, Guru Dattatreya himself." Because, in one shlock, in "Dattatreya Vajra Kavacham" it says Guru Dattatreya may be surrounded sometimes by, high level (devta, rishi, pandit) personal, kids, pishachini (ghost, witch etc.). Guru dattatreya takes any form any time, short, tall, thin, fat any (Dattatreya Strotam). So, from this my father concluded that he had darshan of Guru Dattatreya, of-course the way the lord did show himself was bit scary and dodgy, but the lord says himself that devotees finds him in any form!!!

dhruv

Guest guest

Yes, I will be sending both, Shree Dattatreya Vajra Kavacham and Shree Dattatreya Strotam, I have (in sanskrit & hindi translated). And, I will send the same in this group not to any personal, so each and every member can have access of it. But, this might take some time as I will be scanning both kavacham and strotam directly from the book I have. And for that I have to go and book scanning appointment in library. So, whenever I will find free time from I will send it definately!

Meanwhile, I have got .pdf copy of Shree Dattatreya Strotam(in sanskrit), I am attaching herewith this mail, so download it.

aum,

dhruv

G Karthik <gkarthik26 > wrote:

Dear Brohter,

Can you pls send me the dattatreya vajra kavacham slokam to me.

Regards

G Karthik

Dhruv <dhruvitime (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

Dear devotees,

dhruv

All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

I look forward to viewing this!

Jai Datta!

-

Dhruv

G Karthik ;

Monday, October 23, 2006 9:10 AM

Re: Shree Dattatreya Strotam

Yes, I will be sending both, Shree Dattatreya Vajra Kavacham and Shree Dattatreya Strotam, I have (in sanskrit & hindi translated). And, I will send the same in this group not to any personal, so each and every member can have access of it. But, this might take some time as I will be scanning both kavacham and strotam directly from the book I have. And for that I have to go and book scanning appointment in library. So, whenever I will find free time from I will send it definately!

Meanwhile, I have got .pdf copy of Shree Dattatreya Strotam(in sanskrit), I am attaching herewith this mail, so download it.

aum,

dhruv

G Karthik <gkarthik26 > wrote:

Dear Brohter,

Can you pls send me the dattatreya vajra kavacham slokam to me.

Regards

G Karthik

Dhruv <dhruvitime (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

Dear devotees,

dhruv

----------

All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

He is the adhi guru, the dispeller of darkness in world of eveils dominated soiety outside and within one self. I am from chennai..no way knows any place of worship of sri datta, but few years back, like a child i craved to see datta

at girnar....it all started from there..went on.... The kavacham and stotram is a great blessing to overcome these evils. Guru datta helped me in every occassion, he led me to a "sharik guru" guru in human body who taught me concept in yoga, the vedas and guides every moment..i belong to him and he is within me.

hariom tat sat

Jai gurudeva datta,

My family has been devotee of Dattatreya. My mother and grand mother have read "GURU CHARITRE" many times. Even I have read it once and reading it for second time. Currently my family is going through a terrible phase of life. Almost every minute I will be remembering Lord Dattatreya. I am searching for the "Dattatreya vajra kavacham" and "Dattatreya shloka" you just mentioned. I want to recite it and pray lord to help my family in this bad time. I also am planning to visit Ganagapur. Please help me in finding the stotras. my mail id is hpradeep@gmail.com.

May lord dattatreya bless all.

Pradeep