IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why Fisher man was FISHER MAN even he saw mahaprabhu in person

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Everyone was overwhelmed with moroseness and almost unconscious, but out of ecstatic love they continued to wander here and there, searching for the Lord.

CC Antya 18.44: Passing along the beach, they saw a fisherman approaching with his net over his shoulder. Laughing, crying, dancing and singing, he kept repeating the holy name "Hari, Hari."

CC Antya 18.45: Seeing the activities of the fisherman, everyone was astonished. Svarūpa Dāmodara Gosvāmī, therefore, asked him for information.

CC Antya 18.46: "My dear fisherman," he said, "why are you behaving like this? Have you seen someone hereabouts? What is the cause of your behavior? Please tell us."

CC Antya 18.47: The fisherman replied, "I have not seen a single person here, but while casting my net in the water, I captured a dead body.

CC Antya 18.48: "I lifted it with great care, thinking it a big fish, but as soon as I saw that it was a corpse, great fear arose in my mind.

CC Antya 18.49: "As I tried to release the net, I touched the body, and as soon as I touched it, a ghost entered my heart.

CC Antya 18.50: "I shivered in fear and shed tears. My voice faltered, and all the hairs on my body stood up.

CC Antya 18.51: "I do not know whether the corpse I found was the ghost of a dead brāhmaṇa or an ordinary man, but as soon as one looks upon it, the ghost enters his body.

CC Antya 18.52: "The body of this ghost is very long, five to seven cubits. Each of its arms and legs is as much as three cubits long.

CC Antya 18.53: "Its joints are all separated beneath the skin, which is completely slack. No one could see it and remain alive in his body.

CC Antya 18.54: "That ghost has taken the form of a corpse, but He keeps his eyes open. Sometimes He utters the sounds 'goń-goń,' and sometimes He remains unconscious.

CC Antya 18.55: "I have seen that ghost directly, and He is haunting me. But if I die, who will take care of my wife and children?

CC Antya 18.56: "The ghost is certainly very difficult to talk about, but I am going to find an exorcist and ask him if he can release me from it.

CC Antya 18.57: "I wander alone at night killing fish in solitary places, but because I remember the hymn to Lord Nṛsiḿha, ghosts do not touch me.

CC Antya 18.58: "This ghost, however, overcomes me with redoubled strength when I chant the Nṛsiḿha mantra. When I even see the form of this ghost, great fear arises in my mind.

CC Antya 18.59: "Do not go near there. I forbid you. If you go, that ghost will catch you all."

CC Antya 18.60: Hearing this, Svarūpa Dāmodara could understand the full truth of the matter. He spoke sweetly to the fisherman.

CC Antya 18.61: "I am a famous exorcist," he said, "and I know how to rid you of this ghost." He then chanted some mantras and placed his hand on top of the fisherman's head.

CC Antya 18.62: He slapped the fisherman three times and said, "Now the ghost has gone away. Do not be afraid." By saying this, he pacified the fisherman.

CC Antya 18.63: The fisherman was affected by ecstatic love, but he was also fearful. He had thus become doubly agitated. Now that his fear had subsided, however, he had become somewhat normal.

CC Antya 18.64: Svarūpa Dāmodara said to the fisherman, "My dear sir, the person you are thinking is a ghost is not actually a ghost but is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa Caitanya Mahāprabhu.

CC Antya 18.65: "Because of ecstatic love, the Lord fell into the sea, and you have caught Him in your net and rescued Him.

CC Antya 18.66: "Simply touching Him has awakened your dormant love of Kṛṣṇa, but because you thought Him a ghost, you were very much afraid of Him.

CC Antya 18.67: "Now that your fear has gone and your mind is peaceful, please show me where He is."

CC Antya 18.68: The fisherman replied, "I have seen the Lord many times, but this is not He. This body is very much deformed."

CC Antya 18.69: Svarūpa Dāmodara said, "The Lord's body becomes transformed in His love for God. Sometimes the joints of His bones separate, and His body becomes very much elongated."

CC Antya 18.70: Hearing this, the fisherman became very happy. He brought all the devotees with him and showed them Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu.

CC Antya 18.71: The Lord was lying on the ground, His body elongated and bleached white by the water. He was covered from head to foot with sand.

CC Antya 18.72: The Lord's body was stretched, and His skin was slack and hanging loose. To lift Him and take Him the long distance home would have been impossible.

CC Antya 18.73: The devotees removed His wet undergarment and replaced it with a dry one. Then, laying the Lord on an outer cloth, they cleaned the sand from His body.

Guest guest

the fisherman was referring to seeing the deity man times in his life.

many people see the deity of the Lord but show no apparent change in mentality or religious sentiment.

many people see the deity of the Lord but show no apparent change in mentality or religious sentiment.

i understand i think.... but it is only our egos that makes us think "oh look, i have changed from x to y due to sadhana".... whereas in Truth it is only God's mercy that has changed us (if we have indeed truly changed on the inside not just the outside).

So those who have not changed do not because they need to build up the momentum. Start pushing that car down the hill and it will gather speed. And in Bhakti Yoga is is mighty steep and high hill :)