IndiaDivine.org

What does a bona-fide disciple look like???

Rate this topic

krsna

Does he follow his bona-fide guru's instuctions as they are?:smash:

Or does he try to be more intelligent than his guru by making up instuctions as he goes along?:smash:

Is he genuinely humble or is he posing in order to get the adulation for 'being a humble devotee'?:smash:

Guest guest

A Godbrother once told me that just as there are bona fide answers, there are bona fide questions.

He told me that a bona fide question is a question that has been given in shastra.

For example, Maharaja Pariksit asked Sukadeva Goswami many questions.

Arjuna asked Krishna questions.

So, like this, questions must be bona fide or having some shastric basis.

the question "What does a bona-fide disciple look like" is rather odd to me.

I don't recall that question ever coming up in any shastric context.

What makes a disciple is something in the heart. It is called faith.

Outward, external appearances are no gauge to judge who or what is a disciple.

Prabhupada:

It is not that you have become a student and you'll remain student. No. One day you shall become also guru and make more students, more students, more. That is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mission, not that perpetually... Yes, one should remain perpetually a student, but he has to act as guru. That is the mission of Caitanya Mahaprabhu.:pray:

It's ironic how you make this post. Not sure who it is directed at? Is it directed to me as much as you?

Your 3rd question, am I posing as humble. I'd say yes. I TRY to be humble. A nice guy. You know. I never knew religion had so many complications. I probably led a sheltered life, practicing on my own (i think I was better off). Now I see, people act humble more by clicking/pasting (i do that as well). No offence to you. I do it all the time. It seems funny at first when you make posts like this, but some have an actual difficult time with Bhakti-yoga (ego etc). Maybe you should write, why YOU find it difficult. Anyway, hare krishna.

Guest guest

He looks handsome.

Does he follow his bona-fide guru's instuctions as they are?:smash:

YES

Or does he try to be more intelligent than his guru by making up instuctions as he goes along?:smash:

NO

Is he genuinely humble or is he posing in order to get the adulation for 'being a humble devotee'?:smash:

GENUINELY HUMBLE