IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Does your heart bleed to see the suffering souls of this material world???

Rate this topic

Prabhupada_japa.JPG

<!-- </hs:element331> --><!-- <hs:element283> -->

"One who is Krsna conscious is a perfect yogi; he is aware of everyone's happiness and distress by dint of his own personal experience. The cause of the distress of a living entity is forgetfulness of his relationship with God. And the cause of happiness is knowing Krsna to be the supreme enjoyer of all the activities of the human being. Krsna is the proprietor of all lands and planets. The perfect yogi is the sincerest friend of all living entities. He knows that the living being who is conditioned by the modes of material nature is subjected to the threefold material miseries due to forgetfulness of his relationship with Krsna. Because one in Krsna consciousness is happy, he tries to distribute the knowledge of Krsna everywhere. Since the perfect yogi tries to broadcast the importance of becoming Krsna conscious, he is the best philanthropist in the world, and he is the dearest servitor of the Lord. Na tasmat kascid me priyakrt tamah. In other words, a devotee of the Lord always looks to the welfare of all living entities, and in this way he is factually the friend of everyone."

(Bhagavad-gita As It Is, 6.32, Purport)

A Vaisnava can be defined as one who cannot tolerate the suffering of others.

Personally I can tolerate the suffering of others. Suffering is not an issue with me until I start to experience it. This is why I know that I am not a Vaisnava.

This is the only definition I need to gauge where I stand in the evolution of my being.

Guest guest

Haribol, I hear ya, theist. But if we can get to the stage of not enjoying the suffering of others, this is a great achievement, despite our slow journey to beneath the straw in the street.

We meditate on mgrari, who by the mercy of Srila Narada Muni, was gradually brought to the purity we desire in regards to suffering. At first, this most cruel trapper who left his prey only half dead, was taught by Narada to kill swiftly. So the first advancement of Mgrari was to not necessarily have compassion for his prey, rather to give up watching them writhe in pain.

We accept the gradual process, and hope to never again experiance joy at the certain demise of those we hate. Be neutral, later, we will feel sorry for them, by the certainty of Srila Narada Muni's formula of sadhana bhakti..

Hare Krsna, ys in cooperation, mahaksadasa

Yeah Yeah. That's right. Thanks for reminding me of the silver lining Mahaksa. Ineed to keep my eyes on the positive. I depress the hell out myself sometimes (or should I say I depress myself into hell), dwelling on the negative too much.

Haribol soul

Guest guest

I do feel a lot of sympathy for suffering people.

I weep often when I see about the suffering of people on the news.

Especially, family members who lose loved ones in the war or in terrorism.

It's not rare for me to come to tears when I see these poor souls suffering heartbreak and pain.

At the same time, I realize that I am one of them.

Senseless death and destruction really do get to me.

I am actually very soft-hearted.

I do feel a lot of sympathy for suffering people.

I weep often when I see about the suffering of people on the news.

Especially, family members who lose loved ones in the war or in terrorism.

It's not rare for me to come to tears when I see these poor souls suffering heartbreak and pain.

At the same time, I realize that I am one of them.

Senseless death and destruction really do get to me.

I am actually very soft-hearted.

Soft heart as butter melts in contact with fire.

Our hearts have all melted in contact with the KRSNA sun.:pray:

Quotes from Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Someone will be able to understand the profound meaning of the

impartial truth that is being spoken fearlessly after hundreds of

lives or hundreds of yugas.

Unless hundreds of gallons of hard-earned blood is spent, we will not be able to make people understand the truth.