IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
AncientMariner

Bomb the Middle East with Bhagavad Gitas and prasadam

Rate this topic

I am all for it. It beats travelling there and trying to build a temple in my opinion. It would be book distribution on a massive scale and you wouldn't have to worry about getting beheaded. Just drop the books and food and pray it takes root.

Guest guest

Sounds like airport duty in the seventies. It dont work. One takes a book from a person, had a discussion, etc. This flooding people with books means that the books have no value to either the distributor nor the recipient. Airports after the wierd scamkirtana done there had dumpsters full of Prabhupadas books and angry folks who would never think of devotees favorably as long as they live, what disservice.

What is needed is security in living. The Israelis say this is why they kill, and this is also why the palestinian kills as well. Everyone needs a place to exist.

haribol, mahaksadasa

Sounds like airport duty in the seventies. It dont work. One takes a book from a person, had a discussion, etc. This flooding people with books means that the books have no value to either the distributor nor the recipient. Airports after the wierd scamkirtana done there had dumpsters full of Prabhupadas books and angry folks who would never think of devotees favorably as long as they live, what disservice.

What is needed is security in living. The Israelis say this is why they kill, and this is also why the palestinian kills as well. Everyone needs a place to exist.

haribol, mahaksadasa

Yeah security in living would go a long way but I don't see that happening anytime soon of course I could be wrong but it seems to me mankind all over the globe is becoming more enmeshed in mating and defending everyday so I don't know where the security is going to come from.

I guess ultimately the Krishna Consciousness Movement is only going to be as successful as Krishna allows it to be. He had Lord Siva incarnated as Sankaracarya decieve the population to create the unwanted population of the Kali-yuga. Ultimately this is all stage setting for the arrival of the Kalki-avatar even though there may be periods where the Kali-yuga may recede a little ultimately it seems that Krishna is competing with Himself and can't let the Krishna Consciousness Movement get too popular or He will end the reason that He is going to incarnate as the Kalki avatar.

I actually met some very nice devotees in the Seatlle airport back in 1999 or 2000 somwhere around there. Seemed like a real nice Indian young man with some other young men and he approached me and showed me a picture of Prabhupada and said that was his spiritual master and then offered me some Krsna Concsious books. He was a clean cut kid and seemed like a gentleman and not pushy at all. I went back a few months later and there was still a Krsna booth but one of the young men I talked to that time didn't seem very happy. I got the feeling that he wasn't ready to renounce the world and I can't blame him for struggling like that but he didn't have as good of an aura as those other young men I met who genuinly seemed happy to be distributing Prabhupada's books.

haribol, mahaksadasa

Actually I think it would be quite remarkable if the US Military all of a sudden underwent a mass enlightenment and decided to use their transport planes to drop food and Bhagavad Gitas to the Middle East. They could attach notes to them that say "Take this food and these books as an offer of goodwill. These are the spiritual classics of India that we are obligated to try and share with the whole world. You are free to read them or not read them as you please. We are not trying to convert you to any form of religion or philosophy and we do not ask that you give up your Mohamadism, we are simply trying to serve our spiritual master Srila Prabhupada by distributing these books as far and wide as possible. Thanks for your attention and have a good day."