IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Wanna see Krsna?

Rate this topic

"Krsna's darsana can only be attained through the medium of the ear as one hears Hari-katha from pure Vaisnavas, there is no other way."

The Upadesavali of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada

Guest guest

[attach]1189[/attach]

wow, that picture is haunting. is there a story behind it?

Guest guest

found it on my travels on the web, dont have the url at hand i'm afraid... why do you find it "haunting"? I thought it was beautiful!

I did not mean I find it haunting in a bad way. I meant it has a real presence to it. Like it's more like looking at a real photograph than just a painting. :)

I did not mean I find it haunting in a bad way. I meant it has a real presence to it. Like it's more like looking at a real photograph than just a painting. :)

oh i see - yes i felt the same way!

"Krsna's darsana can only be attained through the medium of the ear as one hears Hari-katha from pure Vaisnavas, there is no other way."

The Upadesavali of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada

Thank you for this very nice quote. Here are a few more:

"O my Lord, Your devotees can see You through the ears by the process of bona fide hearing, and thus their hearts become cleansed, and You take Your seat there. You are so merciful to Your devotees that You manifest Yourself in the particular eternal form of transcendence in which they always think of You." (SB 3.9.11)

"The Kumaras said: Our dear Lord, You are not manifested to rascals, even though You are seated within the heart of everyone. But as far as we are concerned, we see You face to face, although You are unlimited. The statements we have heard about You from our father, Brahma, through the ears have now been actually realized by Your kind appearance." (SB 3.15.46)

"So therefore real eyes -- the ear, not these eyes. Real eyes. That is real seeing. Therefore sastra says, Vedic knowledge, that sastra-caksusat, pasyati jnana-caksusat: "One can see by the eyes of knowledge," not by these blunt eyes. This is useless. They cannot see. And how you can see through the sabda? Sastra means sabda. Through the ear... My Guru Maharaja used to say, "Don't try to see a saintly person by your eyes. You see a saintly person by the ear." (SB 6.1.42 Lecture-- Los Angeles, June 8, 1976)

"susruma: "We have received knowledge through the ears, not with the eyes." Those rascals says, "I want to see practically." He cannot see. That is not possible. The modern defect is that they do not hear. The so-called scientists, philosophers, they do not hear. They simply want to see, want to touch, want to smell, want to lick up. That is not knowledge. So they are all failure. They do not hear. But the process is here, as it is said, susruma: "We have received knowledge by hearing from the authority." That is perfect knowledge." (SB 6.1.40 Lecture-- San Francisco, July 21, 1975)

""My dear king..." Sukadeva Gosvami is speaking to King Pariksit that "There are many subject matters for the persons who are materialistic." What sort of... Why they are engaged in so many topics? Atma-tattvam apasyatam. They do not see what is self-realization. Apasyatam atma-tattvam [sB 2.1.2]. Apasyatam... Generally, we do not know, we cannot see what is atma in these material eyes. Therefore the material scientists, they say that there is no soul, because they cannot see. With their instruments or with their knowledge it is not possible. Apasyatam. They do not see it. Therefore we cannot believe our eyes. These eyes are not fit to see anything. It is under certain condition it gives us some impression. Otherwise... Therefore my Guru Maharaja used to say that saintly persons should be seen not through the eyes, but through the ears. There are different processes of seeing. Don't believe that eyes are sufficient to see everything. No." (SB 2.1.1-6 Lecture Excerpts -- Los Angeles, July 2, 1970)

Hare Krsna (Did you see that?)