IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
guru

2 things one should forget

Rate this topic

There are 2 things one should forget and 2 things one should remember:

1) If anyone has done anything bad to you, forget it!...

(the understanding is if one thinks ‘how can I?' the reply is that holding onto a grudge will stop your own ability to peacefully contemplate the Lord).

2) If you have done something good for someone –forget it!

(no one should think that the recipient of ones charity or assistance should be perpetually grateful. they are a part and parcel of the supreme, so to serve them was our duty, to be executed without consideration of any personal benefit..)

If one can forget the first 2 items, then they will get the strength to carry out remembering the next 2 items, don’t try to remember the next 2 items if one is unprepared to forget the first 2 items

what are the 2 items one should remember?

1) One should always remember the Name, Fame, Form, pastimes of the Personality of Godhead.

2) One should always remember this might be my last day” (I might die today).

(meaning if I might die today, what type of dependency would I cultivate, and who maintains insignificant quarrelsome mentality, if they feel convinced that today might be my last day?)

Guest guest

The rationale of asceticism is not rightly understood by most people. The ideal of asceticism and penance is not based upon repression. Conservation and sublimation are the principles underlying asceticism rightly practiced. The true ascetic withholds, diverts, canalizes and finally transmutes his natural propensities. The untoward repercussions of forced repression such as complex, neurosis, etc., have no place here. No doubt, modern psychologists are correct in their view about repression, but one must know that it does not apply to religious asceticism, wherein the process is sublimation and not just repression; and it must always be remembered that asceticism is a part of Yoga which provides such a marvelous system of mental training and culture that most effectively counteracts and wards off any possibility of neurotic complexes or obsessions