IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Chanting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Many purports from the CC are cited to explain why although the Holy Name is Self-sufficient in granting liberation and awakining dormant Love of God, that depending upon the actual position of the aspirant to devotional service, (level of Sukrti or lack therof, how gross their covering is, etc) some may be raised to the stage of offenseless chanting immediately upon hearing the Holy Name uttered from a Maha-Bhagavata. With no need for any Vaidhi Bhakti. **BUT**

Others of less advanced stature need to Chant (Harinam Sankritan/Japa) while engaging in Vaidhi Bhakti starting with Purascarya-Vidhi (preliminary rules and regulations AKA: rituals).

Then receive harinam intitation.

Then chant more and keep up the rules and regs.

Then receive brahmana initiation.

Then engage in Pancaratra-Vidhi (regulated diety worship) in order to gradually diminish their material identifications and thus come to KNOW that the Maha-Mantra is not a material sound.

At that point the Offenseless Chanting has produced full Anartha-nivritti (removal of material impediments) and Rati (transcendental attachment to the Lord)thus moving the disciple from Vaidhi Bhakti (need to follow rules for their own sake) to the first stage of Raganuga Bhakti (spontaneous service and maybe following rules to instruct) the fruit of offenseless chanting.

I surmise that the large majority of conditioned souls attracted to Srila Prabhupada, especially anyone born outside of India, belong to greater or lesser degree to the latter category, thus his offering of all of those rules and rituals for us to engage in. Including formal Diksa initiation.

The rituals of Vaidhi Bhakti in total are included in the Nectar of Devotion as well as his personal instruction and are the various purascarya and pancharatric vidhis specially tailored to our unique western situation from the Original detailed Bhakti rituals as authorized by Srila Jiva Goswami.

Thus I consider myself so fallen, that proper Diksa inititation ceremony is not even available to me at present, and I may have to die fighting to see it reestablished so that I can be reborn during a time when a true GBC has been established and my purification can continue in earnest.

Thus I consider myself so fallen, that proper Diksa inititation ceremony is not even available to me at present, and I may have to die fighting to see it reestablished so that I can be reborn during a time when a true GBC has been established and my purification can continue in earnest.

Somewhere along the line you have forgotten that this items may be helpful to you in your chanting but are not necessary to being purified by the Holy Name.

Chanting in the offensive stage will lead to the clearing stage will will result in suddha-nama. The Holy Name at every phase is more powerful then all those purificatory rituals you named.

Now you are thinking you cannot be purified until you are reborn somewhere where there is a true GBC so you can have a proper initiation ceremony.

Please re-consider this by consulting the Lord in the heart. :pray: