IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Shivam

Is Lord Hanuman also Arjuna?

Rate this topic

If so, how?

Lord Hanuman is said to also be a form of Lord Siva, and I have read that Arjuna defeated Siva in a battle. Does anybody know about this matter? If so please feel free to add devotees.

Hare Krsna

I do not think that Lord Hanuman is Arjuna, based on spiritual lectures on Ramayana and Mahabharat I have heard so far. Also I have not come across any scriptures which state so (I may not be right though)

Lord Hanuman is said to also be a form of Lord Siva, and I have read that Arjuna defeated Siva in a battle. Does anybody know about this matter? If so please feel free to add devotees.

Hanuman is Lord Shiva's expansion to serve his master Lord Rama. 'Sankara suvan kesri nandana.'

Arjuna sat in meditation on the instruction of Krishna to get Pashupata astra from Lord shiva. At that time he saw a wild-pig running towards him at great speed. As the pig neared him Arjuna shot an arrow at the pig and killed it. But after the pig fell down he saw another arrow on the pig's body. A tribal-hunter proclaimed that he was the one who killed the pig and not Arjuna. Arjuna accepted defeat and sat in meditation but the hunter started vilifying Arjuna. Being a kshatriya Arjuna agreed to fight with the hunter to prove his might. During this fight the hunter trounced Arjuna while the hunter's wife standing close by was laughing at the scene. While Arjuna was getting defeated in this way he prayed to Lord Shiva in his mind that "Oh Lord Mahadeva, if it is you fighting with me, then please release your hold on me." Immediately the hunter released his hold on Arjuna and Arjuna pushed the hunter and overpowered him dramatically. After this, he fell at the hunter's feet and the hunter and his wife showed their forms as Lord shiva and Mother Parvati. Later Arjuna got the mantra for invoking Pashupata astra from Lord Shiva.

Hanuman and Arjuna are different.