IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

“Certainly not, certainly not, certainly not.” What is that “certainly not”?

Rate this topic

"But there is no doubt that chanting takes one immediately to the spiritual platform, and one shows the first symptom of this in the urge to dance along with the chanting of the mantra. We have seen this practically. Even a child can take part in the chanting and dancing.

Of course, for one who is too entangled in material life, it takes a little more time, but even such a materially engrossed man is raised to the spiritual platform very quickly.

When the mantra is chanted by a pure devotee of the Lord in love, it has the greatest efficacy on the hearers, and as such this chanting should be heard from the lips of pure devotee of the Lord, so that immediate effects can be achieved."

"Chanting the Hare Krishna mantra is the easiest process of meditation in this age. As soon as one chants the Hare Krishna mantra, he sees the forms of Krishna, Rama and their energies and this is the perfect stage of trance.

One should not artificially try to see the form of the Lord while chanting Hare Krishna but when the chanting is performed offenselessly the Lord will automatically reveal Himself to the view of the chanter. The chanter therefore has to concentrate on hearing the vibration and without extra effort on His part the Lord will appear automatically."

For Those Who (Like Me) Are Sinful, Short-living, Unfortunate And Above All Always Disturbed...

:smash:

SB 8.6.12

Purport:

As stated in the Bhagavad-gita:

yesam tv anta-gatam papam

jananam punya-karmanam

te dvandva-moha-nirmukta

bhajante mam drdha-vratah

"Persons who have acted piously in previous lives and in this life, whose sinful actions are completely eradicated and who are freed from the duality of delusion, engage themselves in My service with determination."

The majority of people in this age of Kali are sinful, short-living, unfortunate and disturbed (mandah sumanda-matayo manda-bhagya hy upadrutah).

For them, Caitanya Mahaprabhu has advised:

harer nama harer nama

harer namaiva kevalam

kalau nasty eva nasty eva nasty eva

gatir anyatha

"In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy the only means of deliverance is chanting the holy name of the Lord. There is no other way. There is no other way. There is no other way."

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="50%">

The power of chanting

Hare Krishna

[Bhagavad-gita 8.21-22

New York,

November 19, 1966]

</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%" colSpan=2>

</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%" colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top width=152></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Some of you do not know what is the meaning of this Hare Krsna. This meaning of Hare Krsna is... It is just addressing the Supreme Lord and His energy, Hara. Hara is the energy, and Krsna is the Supreme Lord. So we are addressing, Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna:

"O the energy of the Lord, O the Lord, please accept me." That's all. "Please accept me." We have no other prayer. "Please accept me."

Lord Caitanya taught that we should simply cry, and we shall simply pray for accepting us. That's all. So this vibration is simply a cry for addressing the Supreme Lord, requesting Him,

"Please accept me. Please accept me."

ayi nanda-tanuja kinkaram

patitam mam visame bhavambudhau

krpaya tava pada-pankaja-

sthita-dhuli-sadrsam vicintaya

This prayer was offered by Lord Caitanya. He's praying, "O my dear Krsna, the son of Nanda..." Krsna appeared as a foster son of Nanda Maharaja. And Krsna is very delighted when He is connected with some of His devotees' names. So Lord Caitanya addresses Him, "O the son of Nanda, somehow or other, I have now fallen in this ocean of nescience, ignorance. Please pick me up and fix me as one of the atoms of Your lotus feet."

That's all. Just like a man fallen in the ocean, the only survival is... If somebody goes and picks him just one inch above the water, he feels immediately relieved. Immediately. So as soon as we are fixed up in Krsna consciousness, the immediate relief. Immediately. There is no question about it. It is such a nice thing.