IndiaDivine.org

Prathyankara devi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Another name for Prathyankara Devi is Adharvana Badhrakaali. In Melmaruvathoor, 91 Km south of Chennai, there is AdhiParaaSakthi Siddhar Peetam. The Peetam was established around 40 or more years back. This is a place where 21 Siddhars (both male and female) have attained Jeeva Samaadhi centuries back. In this Siddhar Peetam the main Deity is Mother AdhiParaSakthi. But the significance is for the Swayambu Lingam that emerged on its own from under the roots of a neem tree that was uprooted by a severe storm in 1963. On the right side of this Sanctum Sanctorum is Putru Mandapam (Snake Pit), where Siddhar Peetam Guru Shri Bangaaru Adigalaar gives Oracle, in a Trance state when Mother AdhiParaaSakthi occupies Him. Next to the Putru Mandapam is the Temple for Sabdha Kanniyars (Maatrukas): Brahmi, Maheshwari, Kowmaari, Vaishnavi, Vaaraahi, Indraani (Mahendri) and Chaamundi. The Siddhar Peetam has no Navagrahas, but at the entrance is housed OmSakthi Medai, right in front of main Sanctorum. Just outside, is the Temple for Prathyankaara Devi in Her fullest form. The origin of this Temple is unique. 30 years back when a Shakti devotee practicing law in some southern town (I forgot the name of the town), was undergoing difficulties in his life, he came to Siddhar Peetam at Melmaruvathoor to get relief. During his visit to the Peetam, The Divine Guru was in Trance and just called this lawyer's name out and made him sit in front of Him and said, "My son! You have come to my place today looking for relief of your sufferings. Since you stepped on this soil, from this day you will be taken care of by Me. Meanwhile, remove the photo of Prathyankaara Devi that you have in your pooja room at home, bring it and install it in this Peetam. Prathyankaara Devi must be in a Temple and not at individual homes as devotees cannot withstand Her power (ughram). " Lawyer was astonished to realize how did Adigalaar know about this. Since then he became an ardent devotee of Amma - Shri Bangaaru Adigalaar.

The lawyer then brought the photo to Siddhar Peetam and a statue was made exactly looking like in that photo and consecreted in a separate Temple built for her.

Devotees perform special pooja this Adharvana Kaali Amma on Pournami (Full Moon Day).

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Sakthi Thondan

• 4 months later...