IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
shuvo

We dont do anything by us, everything is done by God !!!

Rate this topic

Namaskar,

We never do anything by us. we are controlled by God. He controls us and we do what he wants us to do. As what we want, we cannot do if God do not want. Although what we are thinking is also controlled by God. Then if this happen , then why do we do bad karma? Why we don't obey Sri Krishna.

When we cannot do what we want, we give our cause to fate. then why we are not taking the name of Krishna. Does he not want some people to obey him.

Is it really our fate or it is our Karma?

Shuvo Roy

We never do anything by us. we are controlled by God. He controls us and we do what he wants us to do. As what we want, we cannot do if God do not want. Although what we are thinking is also controlled by God. Then if this happen , then why do we do bad karma? Why we don't obey Sri Krishna.

When we cannot do what we want, we give our cause to fate. then why we are not taking the name of Krishna. Does he not want some people to obey him.

The government enacts certain laws that it expects its citizens to follow. However, it knows there will always be a section of society that will not. Therefore it creates prison houses. The citizens have “free will” to follow or not…they have that choice, it is not forced upon them. However, the reactions to their choices are. It is not the “will” of the government that the citizens disobey the law, nor do they sanction it.

In other words, God has given the laws in the Vedas how to behave. It is our choice to follow or not. That’s where karma fits in. It is not His fault that we cause disturbance, etc. it is ours. As far as the ability to carry out an action…if it is our desire, and we have the facility, then it will happen or not depending on our karma. Furthermore, the future outcome of that action will be forced upon us regardless of our future circumstances or desire. The fire does not discriminate between those who are ignorant or not—it burns regardless. Our fate and karma are the same.

We are in the prison house of material energy, and there is no escape. Whether we are on the top floor with relative freedom, scenery, etc, or in the dungeon, shackled, we are still in the prison. If we have some intelligence and sincerity, we will work to free ourselves through a change of heart.

Technically, that change of heart is called “anartha-nivrtti”. The process of this anartha-nivrtti is sadhana-bhakti, or loving devotional acts to God. The primary action to God in this age is the chanting of His Holy Names:

hare krsna hare krsna

krsna krsna hare hare

hare rama hare rama

rama rama hare hare

Our actions are influenced by two factors:

1. Our previous karma

2. Our free will

According to our karma we are put into a particular situation. We then excercise our free will and make good or bad use of our situation.

For example, a cow is tied to a pole with 6 m rope. Inside this 6 m the cow can graze peacefully or entangle itself with the rope and reduce the its mobility. The 6m circumference is karma whereas the entanglement is our own doing.

Now by karma we are in our respective situations. But we can excercise our free will and go back to Godhead by taking to devotional practices. Simple!:cool:

Guest guest

Namaskar,

Shuvo Roy

if God control everything, we don have any free will then.. its more that God CAN do everything, but He allow us to act as we whant

Guest guest

When all that is done for the pleasure of our Lord Sri Krishna,how can karma come into play.If my Krishna wants me to chant his name, then for his pleasure i will chant his name.If my Krishna does not want me to chant his name,then for his pleasure i shall not chant his name. If my Krishna wants me to go to hell, then for his pleasure i shall go to hell.If my Krishna wants me to go to the havens, then for his pleasure i shall go to the havens.It all depends on him, the Supreme One.

For the pleasure of my Lord Sri Krishna

Guest guest

When all that is done for the pleasure of our Lord Sri Krishna,how can karma come into play.If my Krishna wants me to chant his name, then for his pleasure i will chant his name.If my Krishna does not want me to chant his name,then for his pleasure i shall not chant his name. If my Krishna wants me to go to hell, then for his pleasure i shall go to hell.If my Krishna wants me to go to the havens, then for his pleasure i shall go to the havens.It all depends on him, the Supreme One.

For the pleasure of my Lord Sri Krishna

yes but still its ur will to do so because u have givin ur will to the Lord..

Guest guest

i'm also having the same question...(sort of)

If our fate (karma) is already written, then how can we control the outcome ?

If i write your fate to make a left turn while you walk down the street, then you will deffinately make a left turn. You are fooled into thinking you are "choosing", when you are actually just following a predestined plan.

how can this be?

Guest guest

i'm also having the same question...(sort of)

If our fate (karma) is already written, then how can we control the outcome ?

If i write your fate to make a left turn while you walk down the street, then you will deffinately make a left turn. You are fooled into thinking you are "choosing", when you are actually just following a predestined plan.

how can this be?

then u meen we have no own will, we are robots?

Guest guest

yes, robots, in a sense.

how can we have free will if there is fate? No matter what path we "choose" it will already be predestined.

Guest guest
i can agree that our body are a biological machine, but still we got a free will to a certain point, God got 100% free will, we got a smaller portion of free will.. but still we got a free will.. if we have none free will, we shouldnt care about God then because there are no reason for it because all is alreday aranged.. to say that we dont got any free will what so ever is foolish to say in my point of view

Guest guest

The only free will you have is to be with Krishna, or not to be with Krishna, weather to be under Yogamaya, or Mahamaya.

this si what i meant, but couldnt fix my words to.. this is free will, the only free will we got, serve God or not..

Guest guest

According To Lord Krsna [ In Srimad Bhagavad Gita ]: The First Karta Is "the Individual Living Entity" [ Jivatma ] Who "desires" Exercising "the Minute Marginal Independence Of FREE WILL; The Second Karta Is The "supersoul" [ Paramatma ] Seated Next To "jivatma" In The Heart, And Who Is The " Sanctioner "[+/-] Of The Desire Presented From The First Karta; THE THIRD KARTA Is " The Materail Nature " Who Materailizes [+/-] The Order From The Parmatma. Everyone In The Material World Has Misused The Free Will By Selecting To Enjoy Independetly Of The Supreme Father Lord Krsna. This Amounts To Illusory Concept Of I Am The Creator And The Enjoyer [ The False Ego ]. We Can Revert To The Best Use Of The Bad Bargain By Adopting 'sadhana Bhakti' Under The Pure Guidance Of Srila Prabhupada And Get Rid Of 'law Of Karma' And The Endless Cycle Of Birth And Death'. Jay Srila Prabhupada, Haribol 108. Hoping To Be Servant Of Servants Of Srila Prabhupda.

Namaskar,

Shuvo Roy

BG. 5.15

nādatte kasyacit pāpaḿ

na caiva sukṛtaḿ vibhuḥ

ajñānenāvṛtaḿ jñānaḿ

tena muhyanti jantavaḥ

TRANSLATION

Nor does the Supreme Lord assume anyone's sinful or pious activities. Embodied beings, however, are bewildered because of the ignorance which covers their real knowledge.

Guest guest

Nor does the Supreme Lord assume anyone's sinful or pious activities. Embodied beings, however, are bewildered because of the ignorance which covers their real knowledge.

Vedanta Sutra:

I. Pada, X. Adhikarana, Su. 34.

"There exists no partiality and cruelty in the Lord, because

the pleasure and pain, suffered by beings, has regard to their karmas and so also the scriptures declare."

Commentary:

In Kausitaki Upanishad, III.8 it is said:

"For He makes him who He wishes to lead up from these worlds do a good deed, according to the tendencies created by his past karmas, and the same makes him whom He wishes to lead down from these words, do a bad deed, according to bad tendencies generated by past karmas"

Srila Prabhupada purport on 4.14 states the same:

"...In Vedanta sutra (2.1.34) it is said: vaismaya-nairghrye na speksatvat

The lord is never partial to any living entity. The living entity is responsible for his own acts.

The Lord only gives him facilities..."

In purport on BG 5.15, Srila Prabhupada quotes the same sastra, although his translation is somewhat different:

KU, 3.8:

"The living entity is completely dependent in his distress and happiness. By the will of the Supreme, he can

go to heaven or hell, as a cloud is driven by the air."

So, there is no such thing as arbitrary fate, for WE alone are responsabile for our lives.

Next:

Vedanta Sutra,

commentary by Baladeva, 2.16.40:

"The Lord makes the soul to act having regard to effect made by it, so that injunctions and prohibitions of the scriptures may not become meaningless."

Commentary:

"The Lord causes the jiva to act in a particular way, not arbitrarily, but having regard to the tendencies generated by it,

by the good or evil deeds performed by it in its past lives. The different fruits, which the soul experiences are results of

the differences of their actions good or bad, just as the different fruits which the trees produce are the results of

differences of seeds.

The Lord is the existing cause of the growth of the tree, like the rain. The seed is the particular cause of the particular

kind of fruit produced, the rain is the general cause.

If there were no rain, we shall never see the diversities of smell, taste, of the fruits, flowers, etc... which we find in the

vegetable creation, for no plants will grow in the absence of water.

Similarly, there may be abundance of water and no plants will grow if there be no seed. The result is that the good or

bad experiences are the consequences depended upon the actions of the soul and not the arbitrary act of the Lord.

Similarly, a man may be an agent, though impelled to that action by another, and be still responsible for his acts.

Therefore, the responsibility of the soul does no cease, though the impelling cause is the Lord."

Who writes our fate? Why it is written in our fate to do bad Karma?

The Supreme Lord is vibhu, or omniscient, whereas His parts and parcels are anu, or limited. Being part of the Lord, they also possess His qualities, but in minute quantity and thus depend on His omniscience and omnipotence to fulfill their desires. The fulfillments of their desires come in six-fold form, namely to posses: knowledge, strength, beauty, fame, wealth, and renunciation. These are the qualities of the omniscient Lord.

Being in contact with matter, especially the mode of passion, or raja-guna, the jivas are driven by unlimited desires all beyond their ability to posses. Therefore, the omnipotency of the omniscient Lord is essential. However, the underlying rule is, “First deserve, then desire.” Nevertheless, being overwhelmed by a constant flow of desires, and undeserving of their fulfillment, the passionate living beings will go to any length, and by any means for satisfaction. What is the outcome? They may end up possessing the object of their desire, but with a price…bad karma. When deserved by good action, by following the injunctions of the Vedas—good karma.

Pay now or pay later, but pay nonetheless. Thus, by there own free will—thinking, feeling and willing, they write their own fate.

Hare Krsna.

Guest guest

We have the free will to follow our senses or seek out higher forms of pleasure. If we choose the former, the result is continuous sadness, the latter - permanent plasure.

In the end it is up to our our own personal Will and Intention. Do we want to be happy for now and sad later, or forego the pleasures of the flesh and seek out permanent and lasting happiness?

-N

In the end it is up to our our own personal Will and Intention. Do we want to be happy for now and sad later, or forego the pleasures of the flesh and seek out permanent and lasting happiness?

Nicely said.

Guest guest

Namaskar,

Shuvo Roy

It is very simple. Your fate is predetermined IF you are under the control of the tri-gunas and time. What is this fate? Simply whatever Krishna knows it to be.

How can one change one's fate? Either by the grace of Krishna, a liberated soul, or being liberated yourself. Then one has the power to change one's fate.

Actually prakriti is doing everything and prakriti is controlled by god. We are illusioned by maya and so we donot understand the truth. With good company we are benifitted and with bad company we suffer. But it is true that our past karmas determine our fate and also that God controls us. but it is not that god want us to do bad karmas. It is the gunas that are working, no living being can do anything by own but for ego we think we are doing. god help us when we follow the virtuous path(and this can be easy when we come in contact with virtuous people).

Hare Krishna.

shuvo

Shuvo

Roy.........

No, that's not what I meant. I didn't mean it is our fate to do bad karma. I meant fate is the outcome of the action, which in this regard (fire burning) is bad karma.