IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

How to help Hindusm?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There is more to 'Hinduism' than you seem to be aware of. Try reading Bhagavad Gita from bhagavad-gita.us

Guest guest

They will not pray with them or even touch them. Further, these people have no education, they can't get a job because of caste discrimination.

I can't understand how no one else is not disgusted by this and angry that our religion is bieng used this way. It's our job as Hindus to stick up for OUR people.

Trust me there are alot of people who are disgusted by this, but it's hard to change people with "village mentality".

I don't live in India so I don't know how bad the problem is. But nevertheless, the whole world knows about India's caste nonsense, and it is truly disgraceful. I wonder how anyone with a conscience can be proud of a place like India? that has corruption left, right and centre. Where the rich ape the west, lose their morals and trample on the poor. Only a revolution would change it. India truly is the land of the corrupt. A country where the rich and film stars can get off serious crimes, but the common man has to suffer. I would've suggest the best thing to do is to get involved with politics, but then I remembered how Indian politics is so corrupt.

The best way to deal with false brahmins, is to take away their power. Do not support them, do not respect them, openly show that you coudn't care less about them. You have to shame these people publicly, only then would anything change. I found when I've come across false brahmins and gave them no respect, they were deeply offended, to which I reply that since they don't act like brahmins, I don't recognise them as Brahmin. Indians understand the language of disrespect and insult. But support the true Brahmins who live a brahmin life and those who work for the upliftment of lower castes. At the moment there are too many Brahmins who don't deserve that title, who have power they shouldn't have. By the way, there are some radical Hindu sects that take on the Brahmins such as Arya Samaj.

It's not our dharma. it's the people (upper caste) and how they use our religion to treat the lower caste like dirt. They will not pray with them or even touch them. Further, these people have no education, they can't get a job because of caste discrimination. Dalit kids are constantly made fun of, beat up and or the little girls are raped day after day after day. Just the mere shadow of a Dalit will have an upper caste running home to take a shower because they feel polluted. You have Brahmin men running around and raping Dalit women EVERY day by telling them they will become Brahmin and it's their duty to sleep with them. Further, Dalit women have to bear their breast in public everyday because upper castes are telling them it is their job and God will give them a better life. This type of behavior is disgusting. It's all happening among OUR own people.

I can't understand how no one else is not disgusted by this and angry that our religion is bieng used this way. It's our job as Hindus to stick up for OUR people. In Hindu dharma, men are supposed to protect the women. Yet, we have no Hindu men stepping up for the poor Dalit women. Further, we Hindus have had the fortune of holding decent jobs and making good money, yet no one wants to do anything for the Dalits. Instead, I get a responsethat has no emotion.This is my concern.

Jai Sriman Narayana:

Its everybodys concern but what I have not seen or even heard from authentic sources is evidence of (1) brahmins raping dalits (2)brahmins asking dalits to walk with breasts etc. You seem to have real evidence so please be kind enough to share those too! Amongs dalits themselves there are various classes and thats where the major problem is (ofcourse genuine brahmins may be involved in stray cases). Ofcourse to solve that there needs to be a unified strategy. The beginning of this is to first practise Sanatana Dharma as an individual and not indulging in spreading propaganda without sufficient evidence or in-depth analysis.

Guest guest

I am a Buddhist. I believe in reincarnation, karma, dharma and all propagation by the Lord Buddha.

I find it interesting to know that Buddha is reincarnated from Lord Krishna in the Hinduism (Correct me if I am wrong).

So how do we find out that the other saint or sages are not reincarnated from these Lord.

The point I am getting is that the principles propagated by these saint and sages are holy and for the benefit of human mankind.

Therefore I will find it more interesting to hook on to this web chat if there are no criticism on other religion. After all, one to promote Hinduism I believe is to respect other belief.

Chinese Leong

Guest guest

No one pretending here. They are asking what is the defination of Dalits. Frankly speaking, I'm interested also. Who are this Dalits? How does helping them will help Hindusm?

Dalits = people that are seen as even below Sudras. People born without a caste.

Helping dalits earn their diginity and gain equal rights, helps Hinduism because of those who (wrongly) equate all Hindus with discrimination and the rigid caste system.

Of course the caste-system is a complex issue, and has certainly been corrupted. The original was designed to bring order to the society, and everyone was supposed to have a place in society.. Yet in this Kali Yuga, fake Brahamins and Kshatriyas have shamed the Vedic Dharma, by their bigotry against lower castes, and their lact of compassion for all people, regardless of what caste or lack thereof they are born into.

This corruption saw many flee to Buddhism in early centuries. But now the main threat is Christians converting dalits. Christian missionaries have preyed upon the dalit-issue to get dalits to convert to their religion, by showing them that all are equal in their religion. Ironically, however, their religion is made up a celestial caste-system, where their god tosses all non-christians away as dalits. Ahh the madness of religion, without seeing God in all creatures.

Let us help dalits and fight for their rights. And let us declare that true Hinduism, is about compassion for all creatures and recognizing all beings as children of God.

I am a Buddhist. I believe in reincarnation, karma, dharma and all propagation by the Lord Buddha.

I find it interesting to know that Buddha is reincarnated from Lord Krishna in the Hinduism (Correct me if I am wrong).

So how do we find out that the other saint or sages are not reincarnated from these Lord.

The point I am getting is that the principles propagated by these saint and sages are holy and for the benefit of human mankind.

Therefore I will find it more interesting to hook on to this web chat if there are no criticism on other religion. After all, one to promote Hinduism I believe is to respect other belief.

Chinese Leong

Dear Chinese Leong,

Welcome. You can definitely chat here, share your views ,discuss spiritual topics and ask any questions related to spirituality.

Permit me though, to suggest you to register yourself, as this would help members here to have smoother exchange with you.

Hari bol

Guest guest

Chinese Leong, you are very much welcomed here.

Just want to point out that it is mainly Vaishnavas that consider Buddha to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, where Krishna and Rama were previous incarnations.

Other Hindus may not see the Buddha as an incarnation of Vishnu, but see him as a spiritually-realised sage or yogi who founded his own path for those who seek enlightenment.

Some other followers of other saints may believe that their guru is an incarnation of Vishnu (e.g. Swaminarayan and Sri Ramakrishna). These followers may have their reasons, but to be honest it's highly debatable.

Regardless of whether or not they are, their teachings are for the benefit for all mankind.

Although most Hindus believe that there are many paths to God, there are a few discriminating, sectarian Hindus on this site, so be prepared. ;)

<b>Just want to point out that it is mainly Vaishnavas that consider Buddha to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, where Krishna and Rama were previous incarnations. </b>

Jai Sriman Narayana:

Not all vaishnavites consider Buddha as an incarnation of Vishnu... for example Sri. Vaishnavites do not because *I think* it is not mentioned in Pancharatra Agama among the 64 avataras mentioned there. I do not know about Madhvacharya followers. Gaudiya vaishnavites do believe that Buddha is an incarnation of Vishnu based on the following verse in Srimad Bhagavatam canto 1

TEXT 24

TEXT

tatah kalau sampravrtte

sammohaya sura-dvisam

buddho namnanjana-sutah

kikatesu bhavisyati

SYNONYMS

tatah--thereafter; kalau--the age of Kali; sampravrtte--having ensued;

sammohaya--for the purpose of deluding; sura--the theists; dvisam--those

who are envious; buddhah--Lord Buddha; namna--of the name; anjana-sutah--

whose mother was Anjana; kikatesu--in the province of Gaya (Bihar);

bhavisyati--will take place.

TRANSLATION

Then, in the beginning of Kali-yuga, the Lord will appear as Lord

Buddha, the son of Anjana, in the province of Gaya, just for the purpose

of deluding those who are envious of the faithful theist.

Dalits = people that are seen as even below Sudras. People born without a caste.

Of course the caste-system is a complex issue, and has certainly been corrupted. The original was designed to bring order to the society, and everyone was supposed to have a place in society.. Yet in this Kali Yuga, fake Brahamins and Kshatriyas have shamed the Vedic Dharma, by their bigotry against lower castes, and their lact of compassion for all people, regardless of what caste or lack thereof they are born into.

Let us help dalits and fight for their rights. And let us declare that true Hinduism, is about compassion for all creatures and recognizing all beings as children of God.

No it's not (a complex problem or issue). But Hindus who lives in the middle of this problem looks at it as big. :rolleyes:

To solve Caste problem, the solution is :

1. Communication and mingling with other races OUTSIDE India.

If you live, work and even marry others who believe in Caste system, this problem will not go away. You should go out and meet other races and mingle with them.

2. If you yourself don't look down on others, then others will follow your example and soon, more people will do the same.

Problem here is, if you are born in Nair household for example, you run around wearing name like XXXX Nair and claim Caste don't exist, do anyone going to believe you? of course not ... you are a hypocrite who wants others to change and not yourself.

Frankly speaking, I don't see ANY Dalits. :rolleyes: I think Dalits don't exist, only Indians who humilate others with such names.

IF defination of Dalit is someone who born without a caste, then Christians, Muslims, Buddhism, Jews and just about everyone who is not from India are Dalits also, YET this is the same people Indians need to survive everyday. So who are Dalits? :crazy:

Guest guest

No it's not (a complex problem or issue). But Hindus who lives in the middle of this problem looks at it as big. :rolleyes:

To solve Caste problem, the solution is :

1. Communication and mingling with other races OUTSIDE India.

If you live, work and even marry others who believe in Caste system, this problem will not go away. You should go out and meet other races and mingle with them.

2. If you yourself don't look down on others, then others will follow your example and soon, more people will do the same.

Problem here is, if you are born in Nair household for example, you run around wearing name like XXXX Nair and claim Caste don't exist, do anyone going to believe you? of course not ... you are a hypocrite who wants others to change and not yourself.

Frankly speaking, I don't see ANY Dalits. :rolleyes: I think Dalits don't exist, only Indians who humilate others with such names.

IF defination of Dalit is someone who born without a caste, then Christians, Muslims, Buddhism, Jews and just about everyone who is not from India are Dalits also, YET this is the same people Indians need to survive everyday. So who are Dalits? :crazy:

I agree there are no dalits in reality. God does not have untouchable children. It is men who have made such a class, and labelled others as such.

The reason I said caste system is complex, is because while we condemn it in its current form, I have heard that in it's pure form, it is actually the directed way to run a Vedic society of order?

Perhaps in this Kali Yuga there can't be any correct caste-order, however, and therefore there should not be any distinction of caste? it seems it can only degrade into discrimination and bigotry, since there are not enough true Brahmins in this dark age.

True spiritual people, make no discrimination of caste; but they see the supersoul in all beings..

All those of us outside of India, don't need to worry about the caste system. It's not a part of western society. Nor does it seem to be rigidly followed in other asian Hindu countries, like Bali, Fiji, etc? Correct me if I am wrong here.

It seems the corrupt brahmins of Bharat could learn a lot from Hindus outside the Motherland. Some of the best Hindus today are caucasians, non-indian asians and other races. Look at all Hinduism Today has done for the Hindu community, a group of western converts to Saiva Siddhanta. Look at David Frawley's great work to spread respect for Vedic dharma all around the world. Look at Frank Morales (a hispanic convert to Hinduism) and all he is trying to do to spread Yoga spirituality to all races. And so many others.. all non-Indian hindus doing more to spread the dharma than any fake brahmin, sitting in a village, thinking he is some great holy man, while he discriminates against other human beings.

Don't get me wrong, tho, I am sure there are many holy brahmins in India, who do not have bigotry in their hearts and who are living up to the title of a true brahmin. But the fakes, and those who believe there are dalits (untouchable people) in the real sense, do nothing but shame themselves and tarnish the image of the greatest religion in the world, the Sanatana Dharma, in this dark age of Kali.

Guest guest

It seems the corrupt brahmins of Bharat could learn a lot from Hindus outside the Motherland. Some of the best Hindus today are caucasians, non-indian asians and other races. Look at all Hinduism Today has done for the Hindu community, a group of western converts to Saiva Siddhanta. Look at David Frawley's great work to spread respect for Vedic dharma all around the world. Look at Frank Morales (a hispanic convert to Hinduism) and all he is trying to do to spread Yoga spirituality to all races. And so many others.. all non-Indian hindus doing more to spread the dharma than any fake brahmin, sitting in a village, thinking he is some great holy man, while he discriminates against other human beings.

Yes alot of these western converts have done alot to present the true face of Hinduism to the world. It all started when Swami Vivekananda went to the US and openly accepted people of all races and background to join his Hindu mission.

The reason the religion was corrupted by caste was because too much power was given to a community of brahmins whose ego had grown that they thought they could control Hinduism. They may have been born into Brahmin families, but they were in no way real Brahmins. The rest of the Hindu community followed them like sheep and started believing in things like the caste laws. Now as we all have access to the scriptures, we can study them ourselves and only need Brahmins for rituals. Like I said the solution is to take the power away from them.

There are no dalits in reality. But the fact remains that a group of people in India historically viewed as outcasts or dalits have remained at the very bottom of the socio-economic ladder and little was done to raise them up. These groups today actively refer to themselves as Dalits, to highlight their plight to the world community, since India wasn't listening. It is probably true that under Buddhist rule they were treated better, so many convert to Buddhism to see a way out, which isn't a bad Idea if it wakes up the sleeping Hindus. Buddha was a radical who disregarded the caste laws, we need many leaders like him today. He taught and helped whoever he could, not just elite scholars.

The biggest disgrace to India - why for so long have Dalits been discriminated against? It's not that they were dirt poor and have bad hygene - in every poor country in the developing world you have people of this status, but it's the fact that Indian society recognised them as people below the caste system and did little or nothing to help them out. Let's not forget shudra's have also been treated badly by other castes.

Sephiroth, - "Communication and mingling with other races OUTSIDE India". I've noticed that Indians who mix well and get on with those of different nationalities pay little attention to the caste system, but those who are very community-knit and only mix with those in their caste groups are usually the ones with casteist views and see's Hindus of other castes as being higher and lower than them. In the west alot of the Hindu youth seek out partners from the same religious background to marry, but even though most of them are not casteist, they have to marry someone in the same caste just to keep their parents happy. These parent care more about their status in their "village" community than for the happiness of their kids. So I guess it's fair to say that alot of the parents of first/second generation Hindu kids born in the west are still casteist. But when they all die out, things would change for the better.

Just want to point out that it is mainly Vaishnavas that consider Buddha to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, where Krishna and Rama were previous incarnations.

Generally if someone accepts the Puranas, then one will accept Buddha as an incarnation of Vishnu. Either you accept the entire theory of incarnation, or you reject it. It isn't logical to pick and choose which incarnations in scripture one wants to accept, as they are all listed in the same texts by the same people. It wouldn't make sense to accept Rama as an avatar and then reject Vamana, etc. The authority on which you accept one (shastra) also states the other.

Generally all Hindus accept the theory of incarnation of Vishnu (even if they do not regard Him as supreme). Thus acceptance of Buddha as an incarnation can go far beyond vaishnavism.

Guest guest

In the west alot of the Hindu youth seek out partners from the same religious background to marry, but even though most of them are not casteist, they have to marry someone in the same caste just to keep their parents happy. These parent care more about their status in their "village" community than for the happiness of their kids. So I guess it's fair to say that alot of the parents of first/second generation Hindu kids born in the west are still casteist. But when they all die out, things would change for the better.

Although some may feel burdened to follow this marriage tradition to satisfy their parents - because of the fact they are not of this rigid mindset - we can expect that their children will not be raised with this nonsense thinking. They will be far more liberal and openminded about interracial and caste-intermarriage with their children. It is this younger generation that can flush out these tired, old bigotries, that have zero to do with Dharma and everything to do with prejudices and the sheep mentality.

Many Americans of older generations were racist against Africans and other races, and had a white man's superiority complex, yet look at how this is dying out with the white youth of today. Yes, there are still some racists in America, but so many of the youth don't give a damn about these racial barriers.

Bigotry manifests in different cultures in different ways, but it's always the same underlying, human problem. The worst thing is, when people actually hold their bigotry and discrimination under some holy pretense. At least the redneck, good ole' boys don't pretend to be holy men.

Those who represent the dharma must be like Ghandi and Buddha, and show compassion and love for all! If not, let another as powerful as Buddha arise and shame these corrupters of the Dharma..

Guest guest

Generally if someone accepts the Puranas, then one will accept Buddha as an incarnation of Vishnu.

Generally all Hindus accept the theory of incarnation of Vishnu (even if they do not regard Him as supreme). Thus acceptance of Buddha as an incarnation can go far beyond vaishnavism.

Like Naryanadasa said, Sri Vaishnavas don't accept Buddha is an incarnation of God. Buddha himself never claimed to be God and discouraged devotion to God. He didn't believe that God could help you out, if he existed, you have to help your own soul's salvation. His teachings are more similar to Advaita, though not quite the same, than any Vaishnava theology. So when Hindus say that Buddha was an incarnation of the god Vishnu, it looks a little odd as it goes against the Buddha's teachings.

Not all Hindus accept the Puranas or even the idea of Vishnu's incarnations, the Arya Samaj is an example of a sect that doesn't believe in this. Vedantic movements give very little importance to the puranas and many interpret them allegorically rather than literally.

by Guest

I agree there are no dalits in reality. God does not have untouchable children. It is men who have made such a class, and labelled others as such.

Then Society should be educated about this illegal (by Hindusm practise) classification by some members of society and they should stop picking on Brahmins. ALL are guilty, not Brahmins alone.

All those of us outside of India, don't need to worry about the caste system. It's not a part of western society. Nor does it seem to be rigidly followed in other asian Hindu countries, like Bali, Fiji, etc? Correct me if I am wrong here.

You are WRONG. You're ignorant of the World. You're like a frog who lives inside a nutshell and sees the World as small and dark. Come out of India and explore the World before you make such statements.

In till 1800s, "Caste-like" system existed in China. There, Warriors are the ruling race. Farmers are second and the second lowest are the Merchants who deals with foreigners (which Chinese looked as Barbarians in those days). The "Untouchables" here are prostitutes and such people. Priest and Monks are outside the social order and they are not included in Worldly affairs, but still sort after for advice on how to rule properly.

In till 1870s, "Caste-like" system existed in Japan. The "untouchables" there are called Etas which included prisoners (of war/slaves), criminals, those who deals with Deads, butchers and even armour makers (because they used leather from animals).

Even today, in Japan, especially in the old Capital, Kyoto, there exists Eta communities. And guess what? I heard (from Japanese friends) that most of them likes Tamil movies because unknowingly, a lot of Tamil movies seems to present their problems also (like marriage outside the Circle etc). :)

In America and Europe, it is even WORSE than in India. While Indians in India are persecuted for being born in lower family and some good souls accept them, many black people and foreigners are openly persecuted in America and Europe by groups like KKK and Skinheads.

It seems the corrupt brahmins of Bharat could learn a lot from Hindus outside the Motherland.

Wrong ... EVERYONE should learn more from Hindus outside India AND from other races as well. If Hindus believe that all souls came from God, then they shouldn't have problem communicating with other souls, right? I myself had romantic relationship with Japanese colleaque (if you can consider lunch dates and suppressed feelings romantic :eek4: ).

Changes start with YOU. IF you don't want to make that first step onto changing, DO NOT ASK someone else to do so. :deal:

Guest guest

You are WRONG. You're ignorant of the World. You're like a frog who lives inside a nutshell and sees the World as small and dark. Come out of India and explore the World before you make such statements.

I don't live in India. I live in the United States. We have many class wars here too. I certainly am aware there are problems in every nation with bigotry and discrimination, and that isn't going to stop anytime soon in the Kali Yuga.

Truth is, whatever social issues Hindus have dealt with, the most horrible human atrocities have gone on outside of India and Hinduism. Let's just look at the Christian European history. I mean, nothing like the african american slave trade, the slaughter of millions of Native Americans and the stealing of their lands, or the nazi holocaust, were Hindus apart of. The Europeans and the Christian crusaders have far more history to be ashamed of, than any caste issues of India.

In America and Europe, it is even WORSE than in India. While Indians in India are persecuted for being born in lower family and some good souls accept them, many black people and foreigners are openly persecuted in America and Europe by groups like KKK and Skinheads.

Well, it's not as bad in the US as it was in days of slavery and before the civil right's movement, but yes, we still have a lot of racial tensions. It's more subtle these days, but it's still there.

However, everyone, including closet racists, thinks the KKK and skinheads are morons and extremists. They are no big force in the US. I cannot speak about Europe. I don't know. Seems there big problem now is Muslims.

Wrong ... EVERYONE should learn more from Hindus outside India AND from other races as well. If Hindus believe that all souls came from God, then they shouldn't have problem communicating with other souls, right?

I couldn't agree more. And it must be emphatically stated, that Hinduism does not equal any one race. There are Hindus of all races today. And at one time the Vedic religion was the one religion in the world. The eternal truths, the Sanatana Dharma, are universal truths, and they belong to every soul searching for spiritual understanding.

Changes start with YOU. IF you don't want to make that first step onto changing, DO NOT ASK someone else to do so. :deal:[/quote

Werd.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

Concentrate in reeducating Hindus and relearning Hindusm. How Muslims and Christians live their lives is no concern of Hindus NOR is it my intention when I open this thread.

My suggestion :- Internet IS a good place to explore the World and see others of different race and beliefs.

Start exploring. Go to other forums which have nothing to do with Hindusm and mingle around. Debate and listen to other people's opinions. Many will like to know your opinions also, especially Asians.

ONLY when you are out of your nutshell, you will know just how big the World is and just how much Hindusm had helped to shape the World, especially Asian region.

Guest guest

i am a young one in my teens and i seen most of your posts. in one you said something about young ones learning and getting the knowledge , but some things that you say are probably false or it maybe i dont know what your talking about (there are different ways of doing things).

One thing i learn about the people advices is that you cannot trust or rely on the info. It can be something evil for example if i was asking for a mantra someone can give me a chant to call ghosts or something.

I dont know where you get your info from but some of it is false... Another thing you said is 2 days of fasting is enough .....2 days of fasting is ever enough(im just saying)!!!! fasting days are usually starts at friday saturday and the sunday

,but when you go to church you want to be as cleans as possible and pure (i somethings fast for almost a whole week). I have a knowledge of a pujari (but im not one)and im still in the process of learning. i go and get my info at mother kali churchs ...and im telling what i know and actually see from others priest /pujaris. ............i advise you to go study some more ..go to church and learn from there and dont learn from others from the internet.

this is my opinion and im not trying to judge or offend you...everyones different.

any questions comments email-- djace291@aol.com

i am a young one in my teens and i seen most of your posts. in one you said something about young ones learning and getting the knowledge , but some things that you say are probably false or it maybe i dont know what your talking about (there are different ways of doing things).

One thing i learn about the people advices is that you cannot trust or rely on the info. It can be something evil for example if i was asking for a mantra someone can give me a chant to call ghosts or something.

I dont know where you get your info from but some of it is false... Another thing you said is 2 days of fasting is enough .....2 days of fasting is ever enough(im just saying)!!!! fasting days are usually starts at friday saturday and the sunday

,but when you go to church you want to be as cleans as possible and pure (i somethings fast for almost a whole week). I have a knowledge of a pujari (but im not one)and im still in the process of learning. i go and get my info at mother kali churchs ...and im telling what i know and actually see from others priest /pujaris. ............i advise you to go study some more ..go to church and learn from there and dont learn from others from the internet.

this is my opinion and im not trying to judge or offend you...everyones different.

any questions comments email-- djace291@aol.com

Since when did "Mother Kali" have churches? :eek4: