IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Shivam

What Should I Do To Improve My Prayer?

Rate this topic

I Do 20 Rounds of "Om Namah Shivaya" daily.

20 Rounds of the Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra daily.

And I also do Om Hareng Namah 20 Rounds daily as well.

Is there anything more that I can do to improve my prayer?

I am trying to please Lord Visnu, Siva, and Brahma. It is not a problem to me to do 20 rounds of the Hare Krsna Maha-Mantra and twenty of Pankchatri Mantra daily. I have been doing so for the past 2 years. Prabhu, what would you advise me to do ?

Guest guest

I am trying to please Lord Visnu, Siva, and Brahma. It is not a problem to me to do 20 rounds of the Hare Krsna Maha-Mantra and twenty of Pankchatri Mantra daily. I have been doing so for the past 2 years. Prabhu, what would you advise me to do ?

This sounds sort of vague. What do you mean by pleasing Lord Visnu, Siva, and Brahma? For what purpose? What is the actual goal you hope to attain by pleasing these personalities? That's what jndas means by his question. Only if you know the sadhya can you determine what sadhana you should practice. It's always helpful to practice sadhana under the guidance of a bonafide spiritual master. Otherwise, you'll inevitably encounter such confusion.

Lord Shiva is pleased when you chant Lord Vishnu's names. He is the one who has originally given Sri Vishnu sahasranama, and you can hear him glorify the chanting of Vishnu's names in the phala shruti. There is no need to try to seperately please Brahma and Shiva as they both become pleased when they see a living entity develop bhakti for Lord Narayana. In addition to your chanting, I would suggest you perform puja daily with naivedyam of fruits if you are not already doing this. And most importantly have a daily reading from shastra such as Ramayana or Gita.

I Do 20 Rounds of "Om Namah Shivaya" daily.

20 Rounds of the Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra daily.

And I also do Om Hareng Namah 20 Rounds daily as well.

Is there anything more that I can do to improve my prayer?

Don't be proud of it. Accept the sounds that come from your mouth as God's mercy. Be thankful you are being allowed to hear the Holy Name.