IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

desire of my mind

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been trying to battle this desire that keeps me stuck here, I been trying to fight it with chanting, thinking of krishna, asking him for mercy, but its not helping, each time this desire drags me into it and I cannot withstand is strenght, what am i suppose to do, how can i complete control the mind, so this desire can be easiely destroyed?

I know that feeling well guest. I am having to learn patience and take a long term view. But considering that once eternity is realized the time spent whether days or eons will be insignificant, it doesn't much matter. What matters is that we develop a complete understanding and change of heart.

The question and anxiety over not being able to control the mind is natural and unnerving. We have been so long thinking we were in control and just cruising along.....it's not until we try to exert our control and really experience the difficulty of it do we realize we are helpless and over-powered. That may be some of the fear you are now experiencing. If that anxiety causes you to become more humble before the Lord and more surrendered to Krsna then it has served it's purpose well.

Ten rabbits sit eatting grass. Nine are blissfull enjoying their meal not knowing a tiger has approached them from behind. One rabbit sees the tiger and is filled with anxiety and fear and not enjoying his meal. Who is in the superior positon the one in anxiety or the nine blissfully chewing?

Of course the one who sees is in the better position because now he knows to run away and escape.

It is knowledge from the Lord within that is causing your present anxiety just as it will be further knowledge from within that will lead you to escape this dangerous material life in due course.

Not unknown to Arjuna and explained like this by Krsna.

Bg. 6.33 - Arjuna said: O Madhusüdana, the system of yoga which You have summarized appears impractical and unendurable to me, for the mind is restless and unsteady.

Bg. 6.34 - For the mind is restless, turbulent, obstinate and very strong, O Krsna, and to subdue it, I think, is more difficult than controlling the wind.

Bg. 6.35 - Lord Sri Krsna said: O mighty-armed son of Kunti, it is undoubtedly very difficult to curb the restless mind, but it is possible by suitable practice and by detachment.

Bg. 6.36 - For one whose mind is unbridled, self-realization is difficult work. But he whose mind is controlled and who strives by appropriate means is assured of success. That is My opinion.

Bg. 6.37 - Arjuna said: O Krsna, what is the destination of the unsuccessful transcendentalist, who in the beginning takes to the process of self-realization with faith but who later desists due to worldly-mindedness and thus does not attain perfection in mysticism?

Bg. 6.38 - O mighty-armed Krsna, does not such a man, who is bewildered from the path of transcendence, fall away from both spiritual and material success and perish like a riven cloud, with no position in any sphere?

Bg. 6.39 - This is my doubt, O Krsna, and I ask You to dispel it completely. But for You, no one is to be found who can destroy this doubt.

Bg. 6.40 - The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Son of Parthä, a transcendentalist engaged in auspicious activities does not meet with destruction either in this world or in the spiritual world; one who does good, My friend, is never overcome by evil.

Bg. 6.41 - The unsuccessful yogi, after many, many years of enjoyment on the planets of the pious living entities, is born into a family of righteous people, or into a family of rich aristocracy.

Bg. 6.42 - Or [if unsuccessful after long practice of yoga] he takes his birth in a family of transcendentalists who are surely great in wisdom. Certainly, such a birth is rare in this world.

Bg. 6.43 - On taking such a birth, he revives the divine consciousness of his previous life, and he again tries to make further progress in order to achieve complete success, O son of Kuru.

Bg. 6.44 - By virtue of the divine consciousness of his previous life, he automatically becomes attracted to the yogic principles-even without seeking them. Such an inquisitive transcendentalist stands always above the ritualistic principles of the scriptures.

Bg. 6.45 - And when the yogi engages himself with sincere endeavor in making further progress, being washed of all contaminations, then ultimately, achieving perfection after many, many births of practice, he attains the supreme goal.

Bg. 6.46 - A yogi is greater than the ascetic, greater than the empiricist and greater than the fruitive worker. Therefore, O Arjuna, in all circumstances, be a yoga.

Bg. 6.47 - And of all yogis, the one with great faith who always abides in Me, thinks of Me within himself, and renders transcendental loving service to Me-he is the most intimately united with Me in yoga and is the highest of all. That is My opinion.