Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

The Great March

Rate this topic

http://www.mexica-movement.org/granmarcha.htm

The Great Los Angeles March Against Racism: An Indigenous Perspective

Posted Image

Whose land? Whose labels?

Almost all media reporting on The Great March of Los Angeles chose to focus on economic-centric rhetoric and sound bites that reflected the Marchers as The Outsiders of this land. The media repeated slogans and shibboeleths like "America was built on immigration" and "Immigrants deserve repsect." However, a visual scan of the marchers clearly revealed that Mexicans and Central Americans are not a people who came via Ellis Island, nor through the The Port of San Francisco. These marchers looked very much like the "Indians" one sees in a history book on pre-European peoples of this continent.

Srila Prabhupada has the answer, the land belongs to Krishna!:)

http://www.prabhupadavani.org/Gita/web/text/040.html

Prabhupada: So when we become very serious in a dangerous position, as if we are lost, but Krsna smiles. You see? Sometimes we think... This is called illusion. The same example, just a man in dreaming, crying, "There is tiger, there is tiger. It is eating me," and the man who is awakened, he smiles, "Where is the tiger?" (chuckles) "Where is the tiger?" And this man is crying, "Tiger, tiger, tiger." Similarly, when we are very much perplexed... Just like the politicians, they are sometimes perplexed in political situation and claiming, "This is my land, my country," and other party also claiming, "It is my land, my country," and they are fighting very gravely. Krsna smiles. "What these nonsense are claiming ‘my country, my land'? It is My land, and they are claiming ‘my land' and fighting." Actually, the land belongs to Krsna, but these people, under illusion, claiming, "It is my land, it is my country," forgetting how long he shall belong to this country or this nation. That is called illusion.