IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Atom?

Rate this topic

I asked a devotee a question he gave me a wonderful reply which I shall post here:

One question for them. If the electron is moving around nucleaus of Atom, where it is getting it's energy. Is something being consumed. If so is it's radious of rotation is decreasing? If so all atoms are being compressed?

-Name of devotee withheld for privacy.

I asked a devotee a question he gave me a wonderful reply which I shall post here:

One question for them. If the electron is moving around nucleaus of Atom, where it is getting it's energy. Is something being consumed. If so is it's radious of rotation is decreasing? If so all atoms are being compressed?

-Name of devotee withheld for privacy.

The energy comes from opposing charges. The rotation is only half the story - electrons can also be descibed as energy clouds around the nucleus. Because you can't tell velocity and position exactly at the same time (thanks, Heisenberg) the electron is seemingly a "wave" as well as matter at the same time. Google Wave/Particle Duality for more. There is nothing metaphysical about it.

I googled it it says that light is the basis. From what I read, ! By the way that quote I posted was given to me by a devotee who's a scientist himself.

quote from a site: wikipedia:

The wave-particle paradox is resolved in the theoretical framework of quantum mechanics. This framework is deep and complex and therefore impossible to adequately summarize in brief.

i'm not that intelligent but is it saying that it all 'moves' because of light?

If the electron is moving around nucleaus of Atom, where it is getting it's energy.

The energy is because of the force on the negatively charged electron by the positively charged nucleus.

Is something being consumed.

No. Why should there be?

If so is it's radious of rotation is decreasing? If so all atoms are being compressed?

If the electron were of definite position and would move in any orbit, then the radius would definitely decrease. But in reality you think in terms of electron cloud.

Quote:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> Originally Posted by Pankaja_Dasa

Is something being consumed.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --> No. Why should there be?

You said no..

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --> Quote:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> Originally Posted by Pankaja_Dasa

If so is it's radious of rotation is decreasing? If so all atoms are being compressed?

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --> If the electron were of definite position and would move in any orbit, then the radius would definitely decrease. But in reality you think in terms of electron cloud.

But, it nothing is being consumed how is it that the Universe is meant to be reducing. Haven't Scientists admitted this?