IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Apep

Evil In The World.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

At the heart of every person is their atman, which can be thought of as a slice of God. It is ultimate perfection. Consequently, humans are inherently perfect. They are naturally godly in their actions. The evil in this world is caused by the lower nature of mankind - the part of man that causes him to depart from his inherent perfection. Suffering is necessary because it makes us stronger as humans and leads us to the sublime truth. It is payment for past actions in accordance with the law of karma.

At the heart of every person is their atman, which can be thought of as a slice of God. It is ultimate perfection. Consequently, humans are inherently perfect. They are naturally godly in their actions. The evil in this world is caused by the lower nature of mankind - the part of man that causes him to depart from his inherent perfection. Suffering is necessary because it makes us stronger as humans and leads us to the sublime truth. It is payment for past actions in accordance with the law of karma.

Thank You for this wise post. :)

So evil is the nature of ignorance inherited in human beings? We cause our own evil?

Am I right?

I know Hinduism is non-dualist but I must ask a question:

Is there a deity which proceeds this ignorance that leads to evil?

Actually Hinduism is both dualistic and non-dualistic. It is a matter of which school of philosophy one follows. Five of the six branches of vedanta are dualistic, whereas only Shankara's advaita vedanta is non-dualistic.

No, the Vedic scriptures do not accept an evil deity who leads people to ignorance. The cause of evil is explained in the Bhagavad Gita as follows:

tri-vidham narakasyedam

dvaram nasanam atmanah

kamah krodhas tatha lobhas

tasmad etat trayam tyajet

"There are three gates leading to hell--lust, anger and greed. Every sane man should give these up, for they lead to the degradation of the soul."

Consequently, humans are inherently perfect.

I would disagree with this. It is the soul which is inherently perfect. The human body is just another of the 8,400,000 species of conditioned life in the the material world, bound in samsara. There is no perfection within the mundane world.

Thank You for this wise post. :)

So evil is the nature of ignorance inherited in human beings? We cause our own evil?

Am I right?

Evil is an abrahamic concept. Their is no evil in Hinduism - we have Asurik development. Chapter 16, Gita is the place to look for the characteristics of the Asurik mind. In one word it's the ego and self determinism that's the evil.

Don't go too much into dry dualism , non-dualism arguments, they have cost the hindu society dearly. Focus needs to be on what is dharma and what is not. Wha's our goal in life and what's not.

Abrahamic concepts of good and evil etc are imaginary concepts with no basis in our body, mind or higher realms of consciousness - except in blind faith, which is ignorance. And based on this ego and ignorance the evangelist's and jehadis have destroyed in past 2000 years many good things and cultures from this beautiful earth. They claim to have assured themselves place in a heaven after 1 birth, but that doesn't stop them to treat mother earth as their personal property. This exact behavior is termed as Asurik.

Hindu’s believe they will be born again and again on this planet till liberation or maha pralay. But we are told at the same time to free ourselves from worldly bondages. We come here many times but we don’t treat her like our property. Quite a contrast!!