IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Apep

Hinduism And It's Views On Shamanism.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol. Dunno bvout hindus, but I respect and honor "REAL" shamans. I consider such folks as spiritually enlightened ones, of many stages of advancement, up to and including one who is fully Krsna Conscious.

I use the word shaman as I use the word Guru, meaning one of three types, one who introduces another to spiritual insight and the concept of spiritual life as ones priority, one who carefully guides another in such a spiritual endeavor, and one who actually gives full spiritual life to another.

But there are limitations of language, just as many use the word guru to mean all sorts of folks who actually move away from actual spiritual life, there are many who use the word shaman in the same way.

I honor those considered shamans, like the late Peter Tosh. I consider the late great emporor Heile Salaise, direct descendent from Solomon and Mekeda, a shaman. Others as well, to numerous to name. But the ones I honor all accept their actual position as servants of the Supreme Lord. Those who claim to be supreme, I ignore, and actually debate (rail) against.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Haribol. Dunno bvout hindus, but I respect and honor "REAL" shamans. I consider such folks as spiritually enlightened ones, of many stages of advancement, up to and including one who is fully Krsna Conscious.

I use the word shaman as I use the word Guru, meaning one of three types, one who introduces another to spiritual insight and the concept of spiritual life as ones priority, one who carefully guides another in such a spiritual endeavor, and one who actually gives full spiritual life to another.

But there are limitations of language, just as many use the word guru to mean all sorts of folks who actually move away from actual spiritual life, there are many who use the word shaman in the same way.

I honor those considered shamans, like the late Peter Tosh. I consider the late great emporor Heile Salaise, direct descendent from Solomon and Mekeda, a shaman. Others as well, to numerous to name. But the ones I honor all accept their actual position as servants of the Supreme Lord. Those who claim to be supreme, I ignore, and actually debate (rail) against.

Noble response. :)

I consider myself a shaman of Shiva. This is why I ask such things.

I don't consider myself a master. I just consider myself a devotee and servant of Shiva.

Guest guest

"Dunno bvout hindus, but I respect and honor "REAL" shamans. I consider such folks as spiritually enlightened ones, of many stages of advancement, up to and including one who is fully Krsna Conscious."

With this definition in mind, then I respectfully see our friend (who sometimes calls himself "mad mahax") as a spiritual shaman.

Please tell us more Mahaksa Prabhu. I know a number of devotees who are now studying Shamanism and they claim that there's no real conflict with KC. I don't have enough knowledge on the subject to say one way or another, but I'm open-minded, so if you have any further discussion on this matter to help enlighten us, please do so. Thanking you in advance.

Your old reclusive friend,

S.L.W.

Haribol, sad lone wolf. When I have a bit of time, ill respond here to some ideas about real shamanism. Meanwhile, I wish you well, and hope things are tolerable. I, too, am sad. In fact, I used to sign "mahak, sad as a....". Sadness is a great trait of the vaisnava, who, unlike the matter fiends, acknowledges his (her) status as a fish out of water. We are missing Krsna, and nothing available will change the sadness in our hearts. But this sadness is not like the anxiety and depression ridden sadness, because this sadness is actually a form of blissfulness. And ALONE. We are so alone, even while walking with the throngs, there is no one else. But then we can understand that even in our darkest hour of lonliness, there is someone there to not only listen to us, but to make His presence known as well. And the wolf, what a noble creature, hated by humans because humans are the evil in which they blame LOBO for. Lobo has never attacked humans, yet the wolf is hunted down and slaughtered, for what? Singing the sweet songs they sing, thats why.

Anyway, always glad to hear from you. Shamanism is a great science, actually taught by Lord Jesus Christ to certain disciples like Didyamous Thomas, his brother james, and the great queen of magdaline, another sad lone wolf even blasphemed by the so-called christian who call her a whore. I find great solace in reading the story of the unbroken chain of kings, an ancient manuscript discovered in 1923, titled Kebra Nagast. The shaman is empowered by the Supreme Lord to give memory to those who have forgotten their real place. Kebra Nagast speaks of the Pearl, which Adam received, and passed on only to those also given to the task of causing the people in general to remember their real place where relationship with the Supreme Lord is their eternal function. This pearl rests in the heart of Mary of Axum, the wife of God (Israel) and the mother of Lord Jesus Christ.

I had a vision of the pearl, in a dream while I was awake, and this story can be read at:

http://www.geocities.com/mahaksadasa/dd.html

I will print excerpts of a fictionalized shaman as I type them, and thanks, SLW, because I was putting it off.

Haribol, folks. As alluded to, shaman means one who awakens another. Shaman means one not bound to time and place, but can reach out over centuries to teach as necessary. And finally, shaman is not like most web sites on the subject allude to, a witch or the like.

Shamanism always places emphasis on servitude of a higher being. Most shamanistic systems worship the Goddess feature of the Supreme Lord, which is not at all foreign to the Vaisnava. An excerpt is what I call a personal teaching from Mary of Axum, the "Israel" referred to in occidental shastra.

(Magh Habe): "As I slept that night, a troublesome dream came to me. A small scorpion came from a rock and rose to the sky, growing to an enormous serpant. As the serpant grew, it began to devour the firmament, and lightning and explosions filled the night sky. The woman of the caravan we led then confronted the serpant, who now had seven hoods. The serpant resisted, but when the woman placed her foot upon one of the heads, he became docile. She spoke to the serpant, and though the words of dreams are seldom remembered, I not only remembered then, but now in my different existance two thousand years later, the voice is still clear."

(Ther Goddess said): "Serpant, you have been given a home within the earth, yet you are not satisfied. You seek the Father that you have mistaken as your enemy. But He is not your servant, and will never come to you by your demand. What you destroy to get His attention is insignificant, for the whole firmament is but a hair on His head."

The serpant cried out, "But I have a will. Is it not proper to fulfill desire at all costs, knowing that cruel Death eventually rules us all?"

The Mother replied, "Proper action for one is victimization of all others, so ideas of proper behavior are simply concoctions of imperfection. It is a fact that all we see will soon face Death, but this event is not the cessation of existance. Actions done without knowledge of the quality of life are not satisfaction of desire, rather they only increase desire to the point of frustrating insanity. You may devour the entire universe, yet you remain hungry. Therefore, the wise always accept that desire has no satisfaction."

The serpant, upon hearing these words, became Dismas, and replied, "Dear Comforter of the Afflicted, I understand now that my ways do not bring happiness. I have accumulated more than anyone, yet only possess emptiness as a trophy."

(Magh Habe continued): "I awoke wondering about my master Dismas, who was already preparing for the day's journey. He was explaining to Yusif and Mary the dangers ahead while we ate the morning meal. Mary gave her first description of her newborn child:

"As you have witnessed, there is no danger for us. Just as you thought of yourself yesterday as our tormentor, today you falsely assume that you are our protector. Neither is the case. You are a servant and never a master, and though you resist the more powerful voice within you, such resistance does not affect the outcome. God is the Being you speak to when alone, and He always gives opportunity for action."

Dismas said, "Who are you to pretend to teach. I do not understand a thing you say."

Mary said, kindly, "I, too, am a servant, yet my service is not wasted labor. I serve my Son here, who is the Light of the World. He entered my body on His own accord, and I accepted without protest. He is here for one reason only, and will be eternally glorified as the Deliverer of Dismas."

Dismas asked, "This infant is my salvation? This is nonsense. Since when does any supernatural being, god or otherwise, have anything to do with a desert thief?"

Mary said, "Many will always think of my Son as the salvation of the pious masses, but only a very few specially empowered people will take Him as personal and intimate without caring for the approval of the other breathing corpses. He has come not for the confident, but for those who are miserably lost, not unlike your self."

I have posted this story many times, seen at:

http://www.geocities.com/mahaksadasa/dd.html

If the fellowship members can see that Bhakti yoga is featured in this recollection of a dream that happened while I was fully awake, this is why I wrote it out. If there are flaws (other than spelling and other flaws of fast-typing), I am most eager to hear them.

I will comment later on shamanism, the true action of God speaking to us thru the agent of one who is accurately representing Him. I personally do not use the word shaman because of the connotation of monism and impersonal earth-worship (pantheism), but I have used the word "Jah-mon", meaning the human being who acts on behalf of the Supreme Lord, in the three ways (introduction, instruction, initiation) mentioned above.