IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhakta Don Muntean

Beware....!

Rate this topic

Mind is the center of all the activities of the senses, and thus the mind is the reservoir of all ideas of sense gratification; and, as a result, the mind and the senses become the repositories of lust. Next, the intelligence department becomes the capital of such lustful propensities. Intelligence is the immediate next-door neighbor of the spirit soul. Lusty intelligence influences the spirit soul to acquire the false ego and identify itself with matter, and thus with the mind and senses. The spirit soul becomes addicted to enjoying the material senses and mistakes this as true happiness. [bG 3.40, purport]

Don't you just love it?!

Materialistic life means that one is afflicted by a formidable disease called lusty desire. Liberation means freedom from lusty desires because it is only due to such desires that one must accept repeated birth and death. As long as one’s lusty desires are unfulfilled, one must take birth after birth to fulfill them. Because of material desires, therefore, one performs various types of activities and receives various types of bodies with which to try to fulfill desires that are never satisfied. [sB 7.10.8, purport]

My Lord, You are the supreme well-wishing friend of everyone, the dearmost friend, the controller, the Supersoul, the supreme instructor and the giver of supreme knowledge and the fulfillment of all desires. But although You are within the heart, the foolish, because of lusty desires in the heart, cannot understand You. [sB 8.24.52]

“‘O my Lord, there is no limit to the unwanted orders of lusty desires. Although I have rendered these desires so much service, they have not shown any mercy to me. I have not been ashamed to serve them, nor have I even desired to give them up. O my Lord, O head of the Yadu dynasty, recently, however, my intelligence has been awakened, and now I am giving them up. Due to transcendental intelligence, I now refuse to obey the unwanted orders of these desires, and I now come to You to surrender myself at Your fearless lotus feet. Kindly engage me in Your personal service and save me.’ [CC Madhya 22.16]

Even if he be distressed or degraded, any person who chants the holy name of the Lord, having heard it from a bona fide spiritual master, is immediately purified. Even if he chants the Lord’s name jokingly or by chance, he and anyone who hears him are freed from all sins. Therefore how can anyone seeking disentanglement from the material clutches avoid chanting the name of Lord Sesa? Of whom else should one take shelter? [sB 5.25.11]

Who can deny the truth? One day everyone is going to give-up on lust and - turn again to God....

BDM

Who can deny the truth? One day everyone is going to give-up on lust and - turn again to God....

BDM

Yes one day. When we finally get tired of playing the proverbial jackass walking after the carrot tied in front of his nose.

Posted Image

It is said in the Bhagavad-gita that even a little effort expended on the path of Krishna consciousness can save one from the greatest danger.

And when we reach the goal we'll realize that the hard work of crossing this vast ocean of material existence was golden, the journey is the reward.....

Posted Image

Yes one day. When we finally get tired of playing the proverbial jackass walking after the carrot tied in front of his nose.

Posted Image

Hari Bolo!

Hey nice picture - I love the cargo in the cart - did you make this? It's very good conceptually - we're quite the beast of burden hankering after that which isn't real and even that - is just out of reach...

YS,

BDM

It is said in the Bhagavad-gita that even a little effort expended on the path of Krishna consciousness can save one from the greatest danger.

And when we reach the goal we'll realize that the hard work of crossing this vast ocean of material existence was golden, the journey is the reward.....

Posted Image

when we reach the goal we'll realize that the hard work of crossing this vast ocean of material existence was golden, the journey is the reward

Yes that is true - we may tend to forget that at times - I do try to reflect on that now and again - that it is this 'becoming real again' process - which is a special mellow in and of itself.

Service is it's own reward.

I was wondering about your picture - what is going on in that picture? Are they rowing a boat?

YS,

BDM

With the growth of the body, the living entity, in order to vanquish his soul, increases his false prestige and anger and thereby creates enmity towards similarly lusty people.

By such ignorance the living entity accepts the material body, which is made of five elements, as himself. With this misunderstanding, he accepts nonpermanent things as his own and increases his ignorance in the darkest region.

For the sake of the body, which is a source of constant trouble to him and which follows him because he is bound by ties of ignorance and fruitive activities, he performs various actions which cause him to be subjected to repeated birth and death.

If, therefore, the living entity again associates with the path of unrighteousness, influenced by sensually minded people engaged in the pursuit of sexual enjoyment and the gratification of the palate, he again goes to hell as before.

He becomes devoid of truthfulness, cleanliness, mercy, gravity, spiritual intelligence, shyness, austerity, fame, forgiveness, control of the mind, control of the senses, fortune and all such opportunities. [sB 3.31.29-33]

A living entity who, as a result of attachment to a woman in his previous life, has been endowed with the form of a woman, foolishly looks upon maya in the form of a man, her husband, as the bestower of wealth, progeny, house and other material assets. [sB 3.31.41]

Due to his particular type of body, the materialistic living entity wanders from one planet to another, following fruitive activities. In this way, he involves himself in fruitive activities and enjoys the result incessantly. [sB 3.31.43]

A point on humility among us:

You speak of pure devotee, that he is saktyavesa avatara, that we should obey him only--these things are the wrong idea. If anyone thinks like that, that a pure devotee should be obeyed and no one else, that means he is a nonsense. We advise everyone to address one another as Prabhu. [Letter 14/12/72] [even though this comment was made to a Prabhupada disciple about Prabhupada's disciples - it is still a very good point for each of us today]

I am present in every living entity as the Supersoul. If someone neglects or disregards that Supersoul everywhere and engages himself in the worship of the Deity in the temple, that is simply imitation. [sB 3.29.21]

Just like we prescribe to our students no illicit sex-life, no meat-eating, no intoxication, no gambling, but they are not ends in themselves. The real end is how to serve Krishna and sacrifice everything for Him. [Letter 2/11/69]

Yer servant,

BDM