IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Opinions that the Gita / Vedas have been altered...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hare krsna

I am hearing from a muslim convert (from sikhism) that the gita and vedas has been altered over the years. He said that this is an opinion that is well known and shared by many Sikhs and Muslims. I have not come across this and only know of opinions where the translated versions of the Gita are known to deviate from the Sanskrit. Would like to hear any information on this as I believe that Gita has not been altered and want to know how such an opinion has perpuated through societies over time.

Haribol

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

hare krsna

I am hearing from a muslim convert (from sikhism) that the gita and vedas has been altered over the years. He said that this is an opinion that is well known and shared by many Sikhs and Muslims. I have not come across this and only know of opinions where the translated versions of the Gita are known to deviate from the Sanskrit. Would like to hear any information on this as I believe that Gita has not been altered and want to know how such an opinion has perpuated through societies over time.

Haribol

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Ive read and fully understood the Al-Qu'ran. I can only say the Quran is full of mistakes and its a clear cut man-made ideolgy. Always remember this "When man speaks he only speaks for his own people or for a particular gain, when God speaks he speaks of all living beings. So in this aspect God speaks in the Bhagavad Gita.

Ive defeated many muslims in debates and Arguments, Its easy for me to refute their arguments. I always base my arguments on the Gita.

A muslim is a person who will go all out to make islam look great and thus enabling other religions to look like a faith with tampered ideolgies.Muslims will lie. If you study the Quran and the Hadith like the Bukahari or Muslim(section) you'll realise that the Whole of Islam is just another man-made idea with a political motive.

You can trust anybody, Never trust a Muslim who excels in Islamic Studies, this type of muslim in dangerous.

Guest guest

hare krsna prabhu

This does still not answer my post of wanting to know where such opinions have originated from and been maintained and if there is in fact any evidence to support these opinions. Please forgive my ignorance of the quran and how it came about, but the opinion I was given was one that was held before this person converted, when he followed Sikhism.

I thank you for your help

Haribol

Guest guest

Hare Krishna! I just want to appoligize in advance, but im a new practitioner in the Hare Krishna religion, so my answers may not be 100% correct but I will do the best to answer the question. The Gita that we use, the GITA AS IT IS, has been handed down through disipline and in the frist few pages of the text you can see how is was taught from one great sage to another, creating a link between Prabupada and Krishna. The issue is not that the Gita has been altered but that some people may have given their own interpretation as to what Krishna meant to say without fully even understanding the Lord. This problem can be avoided by reading the Gita As It Is! I remember when I first read the Gita, I was quite skeptical but after a few pages into the text, I was just mesmorized. I felt as though Krishna was not talking to Arjuna but directly to me, because many of Arjuna's questions were ones that I had wondered myself.

Hare Hare Bhol!!!!

This is correct. The parampara system is in place so that the true teaching of the Bhagavad-gita is always there, and so the text can be understood as it's supposed to be, rather that interpreted through our limited senses.

If the sastra is changed, then it is no better than mental speculation. I have found that some Christians will say "interpret the bible, get your own meaning from it". This really blows me away - where is the truth if the teaching is encouraged to be skewed?

Ive read and fully understood the Al-Qu'ran. I can only say the Quran is full of mistakes and its a clear cut man-made ideolgy. Always remember this "When man speaks he only speaks for his own people or for a particular gain, when God speaks he speaks of all living beings. So in this aspect God speaks in the Bhagavad Gita.

Ive defeated many muslims in debates and Arguments, Its easy for me to refute their arguments. I always base my arguments on the Gita.

A muslim is a person who will go all out to make islam look great and thus enabling other religions to look like a faith with tampered ideolgies.Muslims will lie. If you study the Quran and the Hadith like the Bukahari or Muslim(section) you'll realise that the Whole of Islam is just another man-made idea with a political motive.

You can trust anybody, Never trust a Muslim who excels in Islamic Studies, this type of muslim in dangerous.

But Lord Caitanya proved that Bhakti existed in the Quoran and this is what Srila Prabhupada says also, but the thing is, is that in the core of the quoran is this truth realised. unfortunately, that truth seems to be covered up rather significantly by maya.