IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
aGnani11

Message To Administrators/moderators

Rate this topic

I think this board should require you to be a registered member if you want to post comments. It seems like the ridiculous, unnecessary posts all come from "Guests".

Why can't this board require a username/password? If we want to raise the quality of discussions on this forum, we can't allow people to post anonymously. Otherwise people just "hide" behind their Guest name and post unnecessary blasphemy and resort to name-calling and other immature posts.

Please change it!!

Guest guest

That doesn't necessarily quell folks who want to come in and act like dingbats. It just means they have to acquire an account to do it. The other downside is, speaking as a guest who popped on to seek insights on a couple of matters, it discourages folks who may want to pose a question or two, but not really get involved enough with the board to actually register. The fact that I was able to have my questions addressed without obtaining a user account proved to be quite a boon. However, now that it appears I've gotten all of the responses to the questions I had, it's unlikely I'll be a repeat customer at this board. In fact, I only came across this discussion in surfing the board just to see what was here, since it's unlikely I'll be looking at it much.

For what it's worth, requiring user accounts won't quell all of the anonymous harassment, it will just make those interested in stirring up trouble have to go through one extra step. It would help curtail "drive by" harassment, but not everything. Still, the chance for curious visitors to ask serious questions without having to sign up for yet another account is helpful to some.

It is being considered, but many guest posts are useful posts that wouldn't have been posted if they had to register.

In the meantime if you see a post with insults or something that you find objectionable report it using the "report post" button. It will be removed.

Guest guest

Thanks for allowing us to visit and reply. We guests come here to share the knowledge without much difficulty, time and identity in browsing this site. We visit many such sites and it is difficult to remember username and password.

Besides, we really do not want identity and involvement in arguments with other users. But I suggests that the guests can put numbers (guest2) to identity who is replying in the discussions.

It is also possible that identified users can build unnecessary support or criticism amongst themselves without any reason because of their past discussion and sometimes, it reaches the personal level.

Please keep in mind that many guests visit this site regularly and sometimes wish to comment on particular subject.