IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
riih.qarojamahoamaan

gorocanaa

Rate this topic

I have read about "gorocanaa", a bright yellow orpiment prepared from the bile of cattle (employed in painting , dyeing , and in marking the Tilaka on the forehead; in med. used as a sedative , tonic , and anthelmintic remedy). This is what the dictionary says. If it is true that the Hindus never kill and never sacrifice cattle, then please someone explain how "gorocanaa" is obtained.

Then it is most logical to assume that when a cow dies a natural death, the best thing to do is to eat that cow. Old cows have tough meat, but there r ways to soften it very well. It is much better to eat it than let it rot. Especially when many people around are starving. Or should we sacrifice cattle earlier, when they r not productive otherwise? The Wedaas advice gomedha, and also that the sterile cows should b given to braahmanaas for sacrifice. Sacrifice is thought to benefit the victim too, isn't it so?

Did i make you angry? forgive me, i almost never eat cattle meat; only once or twice a year i m so tightly forced as to do so. Still other people eat cattle meat every day and eat it together with dairy products, and still they seem to enjoy heaven's favor much more than me.

I wonder why the foolish dont want to become witty.

hari bol

Then it is most logical to assume that when a cow dies a natural death, the best thing to do is to eat that cow. Old cows have tough meat, but there r ways to soften it very well. It is much better to eat it than let it rot. Especially when many people around are starving. Or should we sacrifice cattle earlier, when they r not productive otherwise? The Wedaas advice gomedha, and also that the sterile cows should b given to braahmanaas for sacrifice. Sacrifice is thought to benefit the victim too, isn't it so?

Did i make you angry? forgive me, i almost never eat cattle meat; only once or twice a year i m so tightly forced as to do so. Still other people eat cattle meat every day and eat it together with dairy products, and still they seem to enjoy heaven's favor much more than me.

Then it is most logical to assume that when a cow dies a natural death, the best thing to do is to eat that cow.

No, that isn't the most logical thing to do, as food in the mode of ignorance is condemned by Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita. If your aim in starting threads as above is to set people up for your witty replies and then go on to condemn Hinduism you won't last long here.

For others who are interested, generally when a cow dies a natural death it is put in the ganga or burried (if the ganga is not nearby). For the purpose of Bhagavan's seva the skin is sometimes taken from some cows to make mridangas to be used in nama sankirtana. I would not advise anyone to utilize anything from the dead body of a cow for personal use (as medicine). Cows should be worshipped and respected as they are our mother and the mother of the devas. When our mother's die we don't utilize their body for medicine, as that would be disrepectful to the individual.

For others who are interested, generally when a cow dies a natural death it is put in the ganga or burried (if the ganga is not nearby). For the purpose of Bhagavan's seva the skin is sometimes taken from some cows to make mridangas to be used in nama sankirtana. I would not advise anyone to utilize anything from the dead body of a cow for personal use (as medicine). Cows should be worshipped and respected as they are our mother and the mother of the devas. When our mother's die we don't utilize their body for medicine, as that would be disrepectful to the individual.

What if we can have an altenative? What i mean is instead of using the skin of a cow to make mridangas, can there be another material for substitution? If there is a substitution to the cow skin, should we use it or should we stick to the cow skin?

BY using the cow's skin in mridangas, I presume in a way the cow is rendering service to the lord, but then would you have used the skin of your own mother in service of the lord(assuming human skin can be used as leather)?

Personally if I had a choice I would not use the skin of cow even in mridangas, but instead would use an alternative material. However if in the scriptures it is mentioned that we can safely use the skin of cow for service to the lord, then yes.

Apologies if I have offended anyone on this issue. Cow is extremely sacred and is a very sensitive issue to discuss.

Jai Govinda

Then it is most logical to assume that when a cow dies a natural death, the best thing to do is to eat that cow.

I can follow your line of thinking, and your question has a logical approach.

But as Jndas has mentioned, you CANNOT consume the fresh of cow even after the latter has met a natural death. Cow is considered as your very own mother in Sanatan Dharma. And as such if you are a hindu you should NEVER EVER consume cow's fresh even if you are forced to so or if the cow met with a natural death.

Think about it, would you eat your own mother after she died? That would be considered cannibalism and complete disrespect if u do, in the same approach, eating cow is considered cannibalism and complete disrespect.

More importantly, krishna loves cows, and he said they are worshipable. Govinda is the protector of cows. One cannot pray to Govinda and at the same time eat cow, that is hypocrite.

So eating cow is abominable in whichever form or state.

Jai Govinda