IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

Brahma ashtra (Weapon) and Naga ashtra (weapon)

Rate this topic

by Guest,

Santanana dharma talks about Dharma, Satya and Karuna (compassion) also.

If you take out one component, then it would not be true santanana dharma.

I don't remember Compassion to be part of Santana Dharma. :confused:

... it is not the fault of the people.

Oh yes it is. Ever heard of Consumer Rights?

Not sure whether India has Consumer Rights or not, but in Malaysia, Consumers (buyers) HAVE the right to get the best product for their money and if the product is fault, they have right to sue the company, get back their money and stop buying altogether.

It IS the people's fault IF :

1. Do not recognise faulty products upon using it.

2. Do not attempt to reclaim their money back or SUE.

3. Continue to use the product even so knowing it is faulty and do not choose other products.

Consumers HAVE rights and ability to choose. IF they do not use it, WHOSE fault it is then?

Guest guest

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest

otherwise he himself may not exist

If he himself cannot exit due to something (i.e that "something" might be breath or wotever it may be), then he is not fit to be called GOD.

GOD exits by himself and doesnt need anything or anyone to be sustained.I think there are nice verses in the Gita on this account. Again a guru would be helpful here as well for clarification

.... by saying that i just meant that there is specific purpose of everything.............and thus inhale and exhale of universe just show that how important it is to create universe .................even for the god........because existence of god is also because of some purpose.........

Guest guest

I am most definatley not an anti-hindu...... I am most definaetly devoted to the lord in all his ways and manners, most especially to Bhagavathi, Ayyapan, Siva and Vishnu......

The differences arise because I have no reason to hold onto many customs that are done. The customs are social norms and since i do not live within India, i have not been raised up following these customs all my life.

As i became more spirtually and religiously inclined in the past couple of years, I have questioned whether I should now start doing these customs - customs which are completely foreign to me. Then i understood, i dont NEED the exact customs done. They are done in India becuase of traditions passed on from generation to generation. When those traditions were stopped because of my locale, I wasnt naturally part of that tradition and customs.

I dont NEED the customs. All i need is a level head, good logic, complete faith and devotion to the one and only supreme spirit that permeates all in the universe and an adherence to the logical, rational laws of dharma - pure humanistic righteousness.

Therefore, my actions and remarks leads people to believe I abhor or go against the customs done in India because I dont also do them. It doesnt mean i dont like them or think they are important. For me, in my situation, I dont know the customs, i dont know the4 meaning of the customs and following certain customs will only be in vain.

I know there are many people out there who follow customs because they are just that - customs and tradition. they do it beause they have always done it their whole life and their parents before them and their parents before them. The culture has done it and since i am a part of the culture, i too must do it. This is the mindset of many people during many of our customs, pujas, traditions and festivals.

However, there is no spiritual benefit from doing mindless customs simply because it was always done. Spiritual positivity comes from doing pujas and other customs with a sound mind, udnerstanding the meaning of the ritual and how that should affect and improve the individual in their specific case. Doing a puja because "a puja is good" is also a placebo - it makes the doer content with the fact that they did the puja so God will help.

God will help if your intentions are correct and pure - regardless of whether you do the puja or not.

If one has the correct knowledge and is in a purely genuine mindstate, then by all means - one should do the puja and any other customs.

I am not knocking it. I am simply saying, i wasnt raised that way so i do not follow the traditional 'orthodox' form of hinduism.

But am i wrong for that? and i anti-hindu?

All I want is for the world and people in it to get better, for me and all others to be more spiritually conscious and pray for experience of the goodness and grace of God.

-------

Have I wronged??

..ur this thinking is definitly right......................that mindless doing of customs without understanding them is a waste............. but if ones try to understand than these customs can provide enormous amount of self belief, concentration, and mental relief..... unfortunately a lot of people just follow blindly..... but dont bother to think that the same exercise can bear them real fruits of concentration and self belief.. if done with positive attitute..........but remember if u ask any indian ...........he will agree that everything regarding these exercises should be done positively to enhance mental capibilities (and ofcourse, above said traits).........though many innocently forget to do it that way actually......THEY NEED PROPER RELIGION GUIDANCE...........but now a days . many gurus like swami RAMDEV , ASARAM JI BAPU. r guiding them in better way

The discussionsare interesting.But one must remember that there is a power called Kundalini which is equivalent to the cosmic power which is lying dormant in everbody which when awakened thru rigorous practice and discipline under the tutelage of a very learned Guru can release great powers and siddhis and can be utilised for beneficial and destructive powers.The so called ashtras are nothing but the power which is passed on the subject by mantra recital by adepts in that art.whether the same is true or not can't be explained as the spiritual matters can't be tested in labaratories but only thru experience over several years of practice.

Regarding creation it is said that Lord Vishnu lyig in a reclined position over

thousand headed serpent brings out thru his umbilical chord Brahma who has been assigned the job of creation.At that point Lord Vishnu is surrounded by ocean of milk which can be compared to the cosmic ocean.The etrenal brahman who is the source of the universe has no beginning or end.Brahma is suppose to be lying inside the cosmic egg which is known as the prakriti,.He is also known as Hiranya garbha as hiranya denotes Life-Light principle and vibrates within him.It is believed that the cosmic egg contains all the worlds,ocans,earth,stars,sun,Moon,planets etc.To be precise it is believed

that the entire universe lies within the cosmic egg totally in a dormant state.This egg is covered by sheets nadeof four elements of fire,water,air and space.So Brahma who is also inside disturbs the three ginas rajas,tamas,and sattvic which are in equilibrium and created the firstprinciple

kniown as Mahat or the Great or First atom of the Universe.This is the process of creation.

Lord Vishnu who is pervading everywhere takes the responsibilty of all the aspects of creation,protection and destruction by assigning the jobs to brahma and siva and himself and hence He is considered as Supreme Being without a second.This is amply illustrated when He is called Vishwaroopa

swaroopa.He is the One and Only Being always in existence and all other so called universes,beings all are embedded in Him always and within Him only all the processes take place.

Guest guest

By know you of all people should definatley know that im a hindu thorugh and throuh.

----

Your theories are always a little far fetched. Kurma avatar as cambrian explosion? parasurama as genetic knowledge? what r u talking about?? You take modern scientific knowledge and transpose them onto established stories in order to show the greatness of the stories and show "how much" ancient indians knew so far ahead of the rest of the world. Why? Deep inside, do you feel the Indian civilization hasns't achieved enough? Is that why you try to give them more and more and over emphasize them over the rest?

The only thing you are bringing to hinduism is your distorted view of what knowlegde was known in antiquity. I AM a hindu. That is why I dont like to hear this. You are distorting truth, and above everything (above life, love, devotion, temples, religion, culture, country, etc.)--EVRYTHING--is held TRUTH.

If you sit and think logically, how can these people have come across such ideas? How did they think it up? access to information neccessary to know such things at that time is very limited. But when i ask the question, you dont logically answer.....you either;

1. dont answer and poke fun at me

2. accuse me of not being hindu and berating me

3. make vague references while jumping to huge conclusions.

_

.............dear rahteesh ............ i just want to quote gently...... that like most of educated people in the world u r also under illusion that modern science is always right and whatever the facts it give . all r right ... and if our ancient techniques and scientific knowledge is related to modern science, u either discard them or just think that this fact has been stole from new science........ let me quote some examples of our ancient grateness..........(remember these things i can say becoz our culture has truly been great and u quoted ............."Deep inside, do you feel the Indian civilization hasns't achieved enough? Is that why you try to give them more and more and over emphasize them over the rest?"........and because of this greatness only i can provide u some examples ........but as far as emphasising our ancient knowledge of science is concerned................ i just can say that...."some way or other u have to keep recalling to keep a thing fresh in ur mind").....

so points are.............

1) yoga and meditation are our ancient wisdom......... but british rulers always wanted to see them superior. so they always discared these sciences.......... even for a long time local people (except saints) in india also thought these things to b absurd.... but look at the scinario after 1990's...... modern science has excepted these things and they are now giving facts in favour of these sciences and they have started to make business out of them.. the same scientists used to rubbish them earlier...

2).. this is the point which most of people (even the indians also) dont know that ...........our ancient wisdom says that u can lead ur entire life without eating anything ... just by drinking water........... provided u see directly at sun at sunset and sunrise for 30/45 minutes.................. and examples in support of that is.. we have a man in india (recently shown by largest news network in india). who is leading his life for past 68 yrs drinking only boiled water........ he has been tested in america and scientists thr took 88 X rays of each and everypart of his body........ but nothing found extraordinary.........SO UR SCIENCE FAILED MISRABLY ......AS THEY EVEN CAN NOT FIND OUT ANY REASONS AND EXPLANATIONS FOR THAT...... ......... SO HEY BUDDY, WHO IS ADVANCED??????????????????????????........ modern science or advanced science..........(I HOPE U HAVE LISTEN THE TALES OF OLD TIME SAINTS OF INDIA WHO USED TO DO "Tapasyas" ( means meditating for years to get extra powers).. and they used to take no food and water............... so who is advanced???????????????????

3) spirituality has been generated squarely from india............

our YOGA has been helping patients getting well........... (i know patients who were advised for even heart sergeries.. but they got well by yoga..........) there r lot of patients who had cancer but have recovered completely....( i m not saying all cancer patients can recover.......... but in some cancers if people do yoga... perfectly. they get benefit.........) India's yoga guru swami ramdev . has all this data . he has shown lot of such people in his camps on television........SO WHO IS ADVANCED??????????????

4) if anybody want to apply a bit of brain.........it can b proved by a simple fact that our... holy god "hanuman Ji" used to fly.............

so. who was advanced??????????????

5) also, in our holy book gita , lord vishu quoted that only our body dies and not us (we have soul which look 4 another body).. and there are a lot of experiences people have which prove that after deadth of body. soul still remains....[' see discovery for "FIFTH DIMENSION" ].......

SO. i hope u dont have any doubts that... ancient science was much more developed........

SO RESPECT INDIAS ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE... ITS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest

--------

that like most of educated people in the world u r also under illusion that modern science is always right and whatever the facts it give . all r right ... and if our ancient techniques and scientific knowledge is related to modern science, u either discard them or just think that this fact has been stole from new science........

--------

This is not true. I do not believe that science is a perfected art. Remember that nothing on this planet is perfected. We are all imperfect beings ATTEMPTING to perfect our culture and religion. Science and religion are both two sides of the same coin, both attempting to explain reality and life. One does it through systematic observation and the other through faith and theory passed down.

Neither is technically more right than the other. When religion suppresses science however, it is denying a reality in order to conform science to an ideal of religious life. That is not right. It allows people to be happy and secure in theior religious faith but it also teaches them to be secure in something that is not real.

Science is not always right, but neither is religion. Remember that religion is a type of science from years gone by. Educated people from 3000 years ago would attempt to explain unexplainable scientific phenomena through religion.

I.E. Massive volcanic eruption that cant be seen sends locusts, frogs, dying fish and raining fire thousands of miles away - PPL explain it as the plagues of Moses.

This is not the only example either. There are many examples from just about every culture on this planet. Many Hindus I find are willing to accept this fact but only so long as it doesnt pertain to their own Hindu history. They have no problem saying Christians and Muslims were doing this but not Hindus. They had perfect scientific knowledge. This is NOT the case.

Also, i dont discard ancient sciences found in our scriptures. Only if these are made up sciences. For example, this thing about Parasurama knowing human genetics or something like that. I deny it because it is absurd. People find vagueries in the scriptures and use it to "create" a science where it did not exist. That is distorting culture, distorting history, distorting science and distorting religion. Is that really what Lord Vishnu wants you to do??

--------

can provide u some examples ........but as far as emphasising our ancient knowledge of science is concerned................ i just can say that...."some way or other u have to keep recalling to keep a thing fresh in ur mind").....

--------

I wanst saying dont emphasize the great things our culture has done historically. What i meant was dont emphasize our greatness by falsly making up so called " great things" that we have supposedly done

--------

so points are.............

1) yoga and meditation are our ancient wisdom......... but british rulers always wanted to see them superior. so they always discared these sciences.......... even for a long time local people (except saints) in india also thought these things to b absurd.... but look at the scinario after 1990's...... modern science has excepted these things and they are now giving facts in favour of these sciences and they have started to make business out of them.. the same scientists used to rubbish them earlier...

--------

Very true. One must understand that science until only recent decades was VERY racially charged. White discoveries were more important than the rest and portraying European history/culture as great was very important.

Its too bad tho, as many make a business of yoga, i feel like most of the people making money are not Indian yogis.

--------

2).. this is the point which most of people (even the indians also) dont know that ...........our ancient wisdom says that u can lead ur entire life without eating anything ... just by drinking water........... provided u see directly at sun at sunset and sunrise for 30/45 minutes.................. and examples in support of that is.. we have a man in india (recently shown by largest news network in india). who is leading his life for past 68 yrs drinking only boiled water........ he has been tested in america and scientists thr took 88 X rays of each and everypart of his body........ but nothing found extraordinary.........

--------

Amazing story. I also heard of someone on the BBC that was taken to London for tests. He had claimed not to have eaten or drank anything in 40 years and the tests found nothing abnormal. Only a hole in his tongue.

But again, who knows. Like i said, we have not attainted the pinnicle of scientific knowledge. Theres still a long way for us to go. We cannot explain everything now. But that doesnt mean its totally useless.

--------

SO UR SCIENCE FAILED MISRABLY ......AS THEY EVEN CAN NOT FIND OUT ANY REASONS AND EXPLANATIONS FOR THAT...... ......... SO HEY BUDDY, WHO IS ADVANCED??????????????????????????........ modern science or advanced science..........(I HOPE U HAVE LISTEN THE TALES OF OLD TIME SAINTS OF INDIA WHO USED TO DO "Tapasyas" ( means meditating for years to get extra powers).. and they used to take no food and water............... so who is advanced???????????????????

--------

Say an old traditional man wanted to go from Kankyakumari to Delhi the traditional way - walking - and his nephew offered him a ride in a car. He was skeptical and really didnt trust all this new technology. But he takes the ride. By Bangalore, the car runs out of gas. Has it failed the old man??? Is the automobile now to be considered a useless and stupid invention and should be totally scrapped as a produciton??

No just because there are bumps on the road doesnt mean thats the end of the idea.

-----

there r lot of patients who had cancer but have recovered completely....( i m not saying all cancer patients can recover.......... but in some cancers if people do yoga... perfectly. they get benefit.........) India's yoga guru swami ramdev . has all this data . he has shown lot of such people in his camps on television........SO WHO IS ADVANCED??????????????

-----

There are other ways to recover from cancer - not just yoga.

But yoga is a very good, stress free way......

-----

4) if anybody want to apply a bit of brain.........it can b proved by a simple fact that our... holy god "hanuman Ji" used to fly.............

so. who was advanced??????????????

-----

Dont even get me started on this. The representations of the epics should not be taken literally. Remember that they are depictions of the world inhabited by people thousands of years ago. Understand the symbolism. But this is a topic for a different thread. Maybe i'll talk about this more later.......

-----

5) also, in our holy book gita , lord vishu quoted that only our body dies and not us (we have soul which look 4 another body).. and there are a lot of experiences people have which prove that after deadth of body. soul still remains....[' see discovery for "FIFTH DIMENSION" ].......

-----

Whats so special about this? almost every culture on this planet, especially in what is considered the "old world" (Europe, Middle East, Asia, North Africa), believed in reincarnation and transmigration before the aggressive spreading of Islam and Christianity.

-----

SO. i hope u dont have any doubts that... ancient science was much more developed........

SO RESPECT INDIAS ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE... ITS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest

by Guest,

Santanana dharma talks about Dharma, Satya and Karuna (compassion) also.

If you take out one component, then it would not be true santanana dharma.

I don't remember Compassion to be part of Santana Dharma. :confused:

The best example is Sri Krsna himself who went to Duroyadhana with a peace proposal, even after so much had happened, that if he gives 5 villages, war can be averted. The door of peace should always be closed by Adhramis, not by Santana Dharmis, other wise it becomes just another religion, not the eternal religion

When compassion can be shown even towards evil duroydhana why not towards ignorant people, it is ok to question in Santana Dhrama, Upanishads is full of questions , but the problems with these people is that they don't accept logical and rational answers, due to a high powered propoganda machine. But they are not inherently evil, even though many of them may be Abrahams, they don't accept the teachings of their religions to kill, loot and rape non-abrahams (many in fact genuinely try to avoid those passages of their religious books, however i doubt the force of their religion may compel them to do it even if they don't like it)

... it is not the fault of the people.

Oh yes it is. Ever heard of Consumer Rights?

It IS the people's fault IF :

1. Do not recognise faulty products upon using it.

2. Do not attempt to reclaim their money back or SUE.

3. Continue to use the product even so knowing it is faulty and do not choose other products.

Consumers HAVE rights and ability to choose. IF they do not use it, WHOSE fault it is then?

Going by your example, if a consumer has choosen a wrong product and hence suffers (in fact may suffer literally like in Afghanistan, can't change the product or face death), do you pity them or get angry at them?

by Guest,

The best example is Sri Krsna himself who went to Duroyadhana with a peace proposal, even after so much had happened, that if he gives 5 villages, war can be averted.

Asked for Five Village - answered No.

Asked for Five houses - answered No.

Even answered that Duryodhana will not even depart himself with 5 square feet of land for Pandavas. They even went to extend of humilating Sri Krishna. Answer - WAR. Not blind tolerance.

Why is Hindus BEGGING in their own land for rights to follow their own religion? Answer - Blind tolerance.

... But they are not inherently evil, even though many of them may be Abrahams, they don't accept the teachings of their religions to kill, loot and rape non-abrahams (many in fact genuinely try to avoid those passages of their religious books, ...

IF someone told you that the seat you going to sit have a bomb strapped to it, could you still go and sit down?

Of course not. because you have common sense to know that, even so the bomb do not go off this instant, it will go off sometime in the future and your a$$ will go with it.

But right now, Hindus are sitting on a time bomb called Islam. Even so the Muslims you see in India are tolerant, sooner or later, they will go off like a time bomb - same like what happened in Kasi/Varnasi.

Going by your example, if a consumer has choosen a wrong product and hence suffers (in fact may suffer literally like in Afghanistan, can't change the product or face death), do you pity them or get angry at them?

Both.

I pity them because they are animals. ONLY animals cannot change their own life and have to follow where their masters take them. Same here with those idiots in Afghan ... they follow their Muallah like cows waiting to be slaughtered.

And I angry at them because, they follow their stupid religion and instead of living in their own hell, they come and bomb and make trouble for other race.

Guest guest

-----

The best example is Sri Krsna himself who went to Duroyadhana with a peace proposal, even after so much had happened, that if he gives 5 villages, war can be averted.

Asked for Five Village - answered No.

Asked for Five houses - answered No.

Even answered that Duryodhana will not even depart himself with 5 square feet of land for Pandavas. They even went to extend of humilating Sri Krishna. Answer - WAR. Not blind tolerance.

-----

That event led to war because of more complex reasons than just the lack of 5 villages and some humiliation. Theres much more going on during the mahabharata war that led to the actual fighting. It is unfiar and just plain wrong to use one example of war to justify another. Each war is different and happens for different reasons. Because one person fought a war for one reason doesnt justify another group fighting for another reason.

-----

Why is Hindus BEGGING in their own land for rights to follow their own religion? Answer - Blind tolerance.

-----

Which rights are these? what exactly are u referring to??

-----

But right now, Hindus are sitting on a time bomb called Islam. Even so the Muslims you see in India are tolerant, sooner or later, they will go off like a time bomb - same like what happened in Kasi/Varnasi.

-----

It is unfair to everyone when sweeping generalizations are made. Because of a few Muslims who cause problems and blow things up, it is unfair and un-Hindu like to chastize and prohibit all Muslims because of the actions of tpeople that in all truth, most Muslims probbably dont even actually know.

Besides that, we cannot kick out 130 million Muslims from India because they chose to change their religion. Most of them probably are genetically Indian trough and through and have just as much, some maybe even more, rights to the lands of their forefathers. They too are children of the soil, many of their families having been in India for millenia.

-----

Same here with those idiots in Afghan ... they follow their Muallah like cows waiting to be slaughtered.

And I angry at them because, they follow their stupid religion and instead of living in their own hell, they come and bomb and make trouble for other race.-----

They follow their Mullah just like Americans follow American pride, Venezualeans follow Chavez, Cubans follow Castro, etc. etc.

They follow their Mullahs because of social provenences that lead them to make those decisions. Most people in most countries blindly follow thier leaders or opposition leaders (whoever it may be) based on social dispositions and political propaganda. We cannot blame them for this PARTICULAR reason unless we are willing to blame everyone, including ourselves.

As for bombing other countries, we must understand that most if not all of religious politics has little to do with religion and mostly is about politics. The attacks of the Taliban on the US is due to economic restrictions and broken promises on the part of the US govt as well as the stealing of Gulf oil (their richest commodity) --- on ths note, it mirrors the British in India in the sense that India was 2nd in the world in global trade before the British and were systematically stripped of its goods and riches by the British, leaving us in financial and economic troubles, before we got on the path to fixing it.

The same is being done in the Middle east by western/Euro-American countries who strong-arm Middle Eastern leaders into selling oil much cheaper than it should be, thereby stripping the Middle East of its only claim to world economic and financial greatness. This is one of the reasons why the Middle Eastern muslims do not like the capitalist west.

How this affects India??? ----

Copycats who view the global events of US-Muslim problems express their frustation with their particular govt/society/country by going through the same means - terrorist attacks and bombings.

Try to understand why the events of the world occur rather than dencouning those that we see as being responsible, evil, individuals following corrupt philosophies.

-----

BTW, you stopped responding to the earlier debate we had regarding the topic of this thread....

Back to my theory about Brahma ashtra and naga ashtra.

Many in India may not know it, but in the West, Scientists already developed Electrical-based weapons which used to harness and discharge against enemies. Tazer guns are one of such weapons.

Harnessing power up to 10,000 volts, a person with tazer gun can bring down an attacker up to half an hour or so.

EMP weapons are reported to be in research now. EMP uses Electro-Magnetic Impulses to neutralize electrical equipments and this can be found in naturally occuring phenomena like Sun spots and electrical storms.