IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
chayne

Arjuna's task

Rate this topic

How does one "kill" selflessly?

If a person follows my movements to try and intimidate me, do I rebuke them (is this "killing"), or do I ignore them and cause them anger at my passivity?

Guest guest

Your question doesn't make sense to me. Maybe others are having the same problem with it.

What does it have to do with Arujuna?

i think i used a poor example.

what i am wanting to know is what Krishna meant by "killing selflessly"

Doesn't Arjuna represent the ideal that I could be? SO in contemporary western scoiety what does Krishna consider "killing" And how do I practice this selflessly?

interesting... if you rebuque it i think it wont couse anger, but before rebuquing refute it can be refuted inna constructed way of things ----happening that way.

For me this keeps an interesting point steel.

however, everyone seems to be aniquilated yet, that´s true !

I think it refers to throw an arrow of knowledge, selfleslly....

Can you give the verse in Bhagavad-gita please?

i think i used a poor example.

Doesn't Arjuna represent the ideal that I could be? SO in contemporary western scoiety what does Krishna consider "killing" And how do I practice this selflessly?

I would request you to post the verse number so we can get a better understanding of the question. I don't recall a verse where Krishna asks Arjuna to "kill selflessly". Krishna does ask Arjuna to rise and fight for dharma. But over all the Gita isn't about killing or not killing. It's a spiritual message that can be applied to any situation, including Arjuna's situation of having to fight to defend dharma.

Krishna generally speaks in general terms, to "act selflessly", to "work selflessly", to "act without expectation of result", etc.

Perhaps you can also specify your interest in this question. Is it a homework question for a class? Is it a personal interest that you are trying to apply in your life? Is it just for the sake of knowing what the Gita says? Different people want different levels of answers, so it will help us get to the point.

Guest guest

Dharma is righteousness

It is in righteousness that Arjuna was asked to act.

Dharam the word in sanskrit :Dhra + Mana , the meaning is explicit telling us to act in accordance with the rules laws and the correctness and righteousness whch the deed warrants. In the Gita Upadesha Krishna brings into prominence the completeness. So he extols Arjuna to take the decision to execute the deed 'In Dharma'.

Reading and re-reading the Gita Upadesha will amply clarify the meaning. Do have with you a sanskrit dictionary with meanings given in hindi or english to bring home with clarity what is meant and expressed in the sentence. This meaning when elicited can be put into the sentence and then the meaning understood.

For whatever reasons the question is positted here, it is very important for the questioner to be absolutely clear and very pertinent about his quest and the answers thereof. If this is not done there would be misinformation which could be self defeating and a very big mistake.

Thank you

I would request you to post the verse number so we can get a better understanding of the question. I don't recall a verse where Krishna asks Arjuna to "kill selflessly". Krishna does ask Arjuna to rise and fight for dharma. But over all the Gita isn't about killing or not killing. It's a spiritual message that can be applied to any situation, including Arjuna's situation of having to fight to defend dharma.

Krishna generally speaks in general terms, to "act selflessly", to "work selflessly", to "act without expectation of result", etc.

Perhaps you can also specify your interest in this question. Is it a homework question for a class? Is it a personal interest that you are trying to apply in your life? Is it just for the sake of knowing what the Gita says? Different people want different levels of answers, so it will help us get to the point.