IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
rand0M aXiS

Mystery Buddha Boy Goes Missing

Rate this topic

Mystery "Buddha" Boy Goes Missing

<small>March 11, 2006</small>

<small></small>

KATHMANDU - Nepali police began hunting on Saturday for a teenaged boy who some people believe is an reincarnation of Buddha after he disappeared from the site where he had been meditating for almost 10 months.

Posted Image

Fifteen-year-old Ram Bahadur Bamjon has not been seen since early Saturday, said Hari Krishna Khatiwada, a district official of Bara, 150 km (95 miles) southeast of Kathmandu.

The boy had been meditating there without food or water since May. Some of his followers are also missing.

"So far we have found no trace of them," Khatiwada said.

Sitting cross-legged beneath a "pipal" tree, which is sacred to Hindus, Bomjon drew more than 100,000 people to the dense forests in southeastern Nepal.

But visitors were only allowed to see him from 50 metres (165 feet) away and the boy was hidden from public view at night behind a curtain drawn by his followers.

=================

Hmmmmm. I havn't met the little buddha, so I have no comment on whether he is bonafide or not, altho I am skeptical being a cynical American used to so many cheaters. But I have talked to returning climbers and tourists from Nepal, and they tell me that the area is in chaos with Red Chinese saboteurs. Hope the poor boy is OK.....:confused:

Guest guest

I guess they made enough money and closed the shop.

That's a stupid comment, IMHO. At least show some respect to what the kid is doing. Just because you may be skeptical doesn't mean you should be so disrespectful of the kid. In any case, I hope he is found and he is well, and I hope there's a good reason for his disappearance, although I doubt there is one.

I believe he has noble intentions, and I do believe that he was actually in the process of attaining enlightenment. But his disappearance is suspicious, or alarming rather.

As for random Axis, I am an Indian-American, but I haven't had the opportunity to meet many gurus who were actual cheats partly BECAUSE I'm American. So I wonder where you had the opportunity to meet so many.

Also, being in America does naturally make you lean to cynicism, but that is not because of experience for me, it's because of the scientific and secular worldview of American culture.

As for random Axis, I am an Indian-American, but I haven't had the opportunity to meet many gurus who were actual cheats partly BECAUSE I'm American. So I wonder where you had the opportunity to meet so many.

Also, being in America does naturally make you lean to cynicism, but that is not because of experience for me, it's because of the scientific and secular worldview of American culture.

Another hyphanated American!?!? :eek:

I guess the guest is rather naive and does not know about all the bhogi yogis that Srila Prabhupada warned against. Like the Maharishi or the Bhagavan Rajneeseh or the hundreds of other cheaters who came west and sold mantras and had sex with their disciples.

Maybe the guest does not know about the other gurus who fell down with their disciples or blooped with their stolen bank accounts.

But good luck with your optimism, Guest. :rolleyes:

I've seen literally thousands of people like this. Just take a trip to haridwar and observer the babas and sadhus. Tourists are fooled by their vibhuti and jata, but observe them long enough and the liquor bottle will invariably come out from their hidden compartment. The real sadhus and babas don't sit where the public are. Ask yourself why a real sadhu would be sitting on the main walkway in Haridwar begging for money? And go in off season, and the same babas are engaged in other occupations, some selling things, some collecting coins from the Ganga.

Most of them are known criminals, who prey on the innocent tourists. That's why there are so many posters around haridwar and rishikesh reporting missing people (literally hundreds of people). The missing people didn't amazingly attain mukti and vanish into thin air when they went on pilgrimage to rishikesh, they were likely murdered and dumped in the ganga. Every month there is an average of 10 murders in haridwar committed by sadhus, many times against their fellow sadhus to steal their hoarded money. You should ask yourself why the government paints the following in Hindi on all of the walls: "Never take any food from a sadhu, it will be deadly."

Unfortunately the public are fooled by "public displays" of meditation by fake sadhus. Real sadhus have nothing to display publicly and don't like to be around the public. If you are fortunate you will find them in the forest in isolated places. The fake sadhus usually stay in a place for a few months to steal money from the foolish public, and then when they feel pressure on their activities they disappear and move to another city where the public is unsuspecting.

Another hyphanated American!?!? :eek:

I guess the guest is rather naive and does not know about all the bhogi yogis that Srila Prabhupada warned against. Like the Maharishi or the Bhagavan Rajneeseh or the hundreds of other cheaters who came west and sold mantras and had sex with their disciples.

Maybe the guest does not know about the other gurus who fell down with their disciples or blooped with their stolen bank accounts.

But good luck with your optimism, Guest. :rolleyes:

Is that true? i mean did Srila Prahupada really say that Maharishi (the yogi that has a vedic university in america) is a cheat????

Is that true? i mean did Srila Prahupada really say that Maharishi (the yogi that has a vedic university in america) is a cheat????

If you read Srila Prabhupada's books or listen to his lectures he warns over and over again about the cheaters.

He specifically speaks against Maharishi for selling his mantra to people to make money. For those who are not aware, you need to buy your way up the initiation ladder in TM.

This doesn't mean that Maharishi doesn't have anything useful, but his system of selling sacred mantras for money is against the Vedic principles.

The part that would concern me about something like this is that people had to keep their distance and his followers hid him behind a curtain at night. If he was really the Buddha reincarnated he would probably be busy telling everyone that the "soul is the only refuge" and would be willing to debate people. I know a guy who is an expert in Buddhism and he said the Buddha was constantly travelling around telling people that the "soul is the only refuge".

Not to long ago I had some Mormon missionaries come over trying to convert me to Mormonism so I decided to do a little study on their religion. I don't know if it is true but I found a site of ex-Mormons and they were saying that Joseph Smith was a fraud and the Mormon temples that Joseph Smith designed had all of these secret rooms with guards and it took certain passwords to access them and it was in these rooms that Joseph Smith took young girls. That kind of secretiveness stuff hiding behind curtains and secret passwords and all that is creepy.