IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Giving up Sense pleasures??

Rate this topic

No need to renounce pleasure such as you described. Arjuna when praying to Him called Him the all-pervading beauty. Krsna consciousness is about enhancing our appreciation of beauty infinitely and without end. The way to do that is to come to the point that we see Krsna in the sunset and everywhere else as well.

In the beginning where we are we are trying to raise our idea of what pleasure is. The pig who eats stool has his standard of what makes up pleasure and humanity now days is becoming similar in what it considers to be pleasure.

So we need to renounce lower pleasure as we make room for higher ones. Eventually becoming eternally emmersed in a loving relationship with the most beautiful,attractive and pleasurable Sri Krsna.

Guest guest

Thank you theist, you have inspired me to go outside right now and chant, Gauuraaanga Krishna in the beautiful morning Krishna sun.

NG dasa.

How far should pain go before a 'pleasure' is experienced to balance it?

When I was living in Chapel Hill, I was invited to live at New Goloka, and was told that there would only be cold showers there. . .about a year ago, I came to the point where I was ready to try giving up warm showers and baths. I have always been an anxious person, and warm baths relax me; when I began taking only cold baths and showers, I developed very high anxiety, nearly to panic. Warm baths seem natural enough-can it not be a form of therapy? I endeavor to understand (paraphrased) that the pure devotee is affected neither by heat nor cold . ..but should this be a highly anxious experience?