IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
summergirl

kal bhairo/kateri/sangani

Rate this topic

Namaste Brother,

Yep, the mandir at Van Siclen is ALWAYS crowded, they have lots of new comers every week so i can understand if you get a bit frustrated or shy becasue there are too many people to deal with. I use to go to one around atlantic area where they had it in a basement or something dunno how it is now, this was back in 90's. They used to charge money before you see Master (at that time only Master used to see people I think. But we stopped going there long time ago.

Yes, the only mandir I go to is any of the branches affiliated with Pujari basdeo, he is very strict but from what I've seen, I guess he has to be. Too many people take advantage of these things. I am not a weekly goer as I'd like because I live out of state but I try to go when I am in the NY area. If you wanted to go back there, I would suggest that you talk to Pujari basdeo or one of the other pujari there, his name is Buddy. Very good guy, I can give you his number. If you call and explain to him that you are interested in learning how to play tapu and perhaps one day "HELP THEM AT THE MANDIR" (you don't have to mention what ur true purpose is immediately until you get a feel for it yourself) then he can give you advice on what to do. I do like Uncle Buddy a whole lot he is always positive, always in good humor and never takes too much seriously. He is the one who plays Mother Kali every week. I think you might enjoy talking to him. He always gives good advice (and besides, i like anyone who has a good sense of humor with stuff like this and doesn't act like they know it all and uncle buddy is not judgemental at all).

Is your uncle a pujari in Guyana?

I do live in brookyln and for now i am going to a church on altantic av in east new york, few of my friend/cousins go there , I used to go to the kali church by van siclen if thats what you talking about with the kids but it was very crowded and i kinda stop going their.

Do you go to that kali church ,basdeo? I probably seen you if you went.

I wanted to go there back to play the tapou with them bai but i dont really know them and i dont want to get to much involve. In guyana there were kids about 5 years old that are purjari's. It kind of had an influence on me but im confused , i dont really want to ask anybody and just say hey i want to be a purjari , maybe when i learn lil more i can ask my uncle in guyana and he can probably hook me up.

Guest guest

yea my uncle is a purjari , but only about once a year I'll go visit him. And by the way I kinda do know buddy , but I dont really want to go introduce myself saying that I want to be a pujari. Im trying to get my young friend to come with me which is 15 years old then I would go ask them , other then that i dont want to ask them because they are alot of pujari's around and to much people around.

Guest guest

I have recently started going to a Kali Temple. Although my family was born into the Madras religion I never practiced. I never understood the concept of the offerings but I do have to say it's an amazing experience.

I'm not into religion, in fact, I always tended to stay far far away. Ever since going to this temple I've been intrigued.

I always leave there feeling better then when I entered. People say once you start doing things it's hard to leave. I went there merely to observe, I've never made promises except to offer my devotion to Mother Kali. I was never asked to offer rum and cigarettes as many other people. I will continue to go to this church because it's spiritually enlightening and entertaining.

I've observed people "playing" and that blows me away. Maybe the novelty will evenutally wear out when the curiosity ends but I suggest for those who are even remotely interested in the religion should attend the temple for one Sunday. At first you may be a bit afraid as I was but it's a wonderful experience.

Guest guest

This Is A Message For Dj Ace. There Is Another Kali Temple In Queens, Ny. The Name Is Shree Maha Kali Temple, And It Is Situated At 107-34

Inwood Street, Jamaica, Ny. It Is Off Liberty Ave. If You Go There

Sometimes, You Would See For Yourself How Wonderful The Service

Is. If You Want To Learn To Play The Tapu, Uncle Lewis Will Show

You And The Pujaris Will Teach You What You Need To Know.

Please Visit If You Can. It Is A Wonderful Experience

Guest guest
I agree that Lord Shiva is Kahal Bhairo and Kateri is Kali/Durga Ma. This is a great time to worship Ma Kali. She have do alot for me. But the Temple I goes to have lots of problems. This temple is at 107-34 Inwood Street, Jamaica, NY. The head Pujari and Dave his son in Law have been are actually fighting with words in front of the people in the temple. I do not think, that the guess "madras" should recommend any innocent people to that Temple. However, not only is the Dave and his wife broke up, there are many other people who is having their marriage broke up. Does anyone knows of any other Kali Temple in Queens, NY?

for those who don't know about the great gods and goddess skati's please have nothing negative to say. They are the greatest and most powerfull god's in this cosmic cycle.

I am a Pujari at The Divine Maha Kali Shakti Temples Association in Trinidad, if you would like to know and experience a life changing experience visit this temple.

Master Kaal Bhairo shakti plays me and I can tell you that this can only be achieved great devotion and sacrifice for you body, minnand soul to become pure for your shakti to play.

Om Jai Shree Shakti Kaal Bhairo Ayea Namah

Om Jayanti Mangaala Kali Badhra Kali Kapalini Durga Kshamma Shiva Dhatri Swaha Swadha Namoustay

Om Sada Shiva Shamboo Sanganee Dee Baba Ayea Namah

Om Jai Master Munish Prem Ayea Namah

Om JAi Master Veeda Badhra Ayea Namah

Om Dhoom Durga Mata Ayea Namah

Om Hum Hunumatae Ayea Namah

These are very powerful mantras I listed above, do jap count with them and feel the difference.

It is also recommended to offer Milk, Honey and Dahayee instead of Alcohol and Cigerattes but it is a personal choice.

May you have the divine blessing of Mother Kali and Master Kaal Bhairo

Om Jai Shree Shakti Mata Ayea Namah

Guest guest

IF any one knows the kaal bhairo mantra to call up or any other powerful mantra please send me it at djace291@aol.com. At the age I am now i want to learn this call up mantra so i can be a great asist at my uncle's church.

Guest guest

For those of you who do worship the Divine Mother Kali. I would like you to know there are two temples in the Bronx. One is located at 2261 Watson Avenue, between Havemeyer and Castle Hill Avenue. The service starts at 10 am. The head Pujari is Kumar. See you there. The other temple is on Bruckner Blvd. I don't the exact date of opening.

Guest guest

If anyone knows the mantra that is said at The Shree Maha Kali Temple on Inwood Street, before the Mother Kali puja takes place, please post. It goes something like this. Please excuse the spelling.

Om Nadra yega, guru waregai, guru we candai, ari wari, paratnetu......

this is a message for Guest. If you want to know the mantra for calling up

before Mother Kali's puja, then you have to attend the temple at 107-34

Inwood, Jamaica, NY. Uncle Lewis knows everything and you have to go

there for him to teach you the mantras, but I guess you have to prove yourself worthy of learning them first.

I kinda heard of this uncle lewis .... but I want to know a couple of things. I am in my mid teens and I want to know can he still teach a young student like me , are theres any other young pujaris at his mandir in queens NY , and is the mandir a big place like the kali church by van siclen (is it crowded)???? email me back or post it . DJACE291@aol.com

Guest guest

I also read of the experiences that devotees have had at the Shree Maha Kali temple on Inwood Ave. The head pujari there that someone on the site is referring to as uncle Lewis is a very nice man. However, it is what he does that is not nice. I did not receive any help there after going for several years. I have seen many of the devotees left and went elsewhere, when they caught on that there was nothing there for them, but corruption. It is very sad to say, and witness the actions of the so-called pujaris that wear those garment. It is despicable the way they speak to others in the presence of the Divine Mother. She is crying every Sunday when she witnesses them. They keep the best fruits for themselves. They think that they are high in authority when the garment is worn. There is a darkness over there, and it will all come to an end soon. The temple is attached to the house, therefore, everything that goes on in the home is part of the temple.

I have seen people ignored when they visit another temple. People asked to leave. This is not the way a place of worshiping should be conduct. People marriages broken up. The head pujari is supposed to be leading by example, but he is too busy looking for his next victim. We were instructed by God, that we should not be a part of any church that is corrupt.

In regards to the young man that took part in the temple and was not given a tee shirt and doti is a disgrace. My heart bleeds for him. I believe him. I have witnessed Davo with the shirts in his white SUV distributing it only to those he favors. When asked by others, they were told that only members are given a shirt. BUll..........When you are worshiping God, there should be no favoritism. Everyone is a devotee. The donations that are collected every week is enough to purchase enough shirts to be equally distributed amongst their devotees.

The joker that replied to the person asking for the mantra that is said before the the mother's puja begins, he needs to do his homework. I have also asked uncle Lewis and was told that I have to learn it on my own. But, he failed to say that he only gives it to the young girls he beds. Some of us need to use our ears and eyes more than our mouths.

Basdeo temple in Brooklyn is also corrupt. Before you enter into the temple they are selling food for you to eat. Money comes before you worship. They have a lot to learn about doing what is right. Anyone can open a Kali temple, but is everyone willing to be kind, compassionate to their fellow man and a devoted devotee to the Divine Mother? Do they know the meaning of being GODLY?

There is a temple that I heard about in The Bronx. The Shri Bhairo Durga Mandir. It is on 2261 Watson Avenue. Check it out when you get a chance.

Guest guest

I also read of the experiences that devotees have had at the Shree Maha Kali temple on Inwood Ave. The head pujari there that someone on the site is referring to as uncle Lewis is a very nice man. However, it is what he does that is not nice. I did not receive any help there after going for several years. I have seen many of the devotees left and went elsewhere, when they caught on that there was nothing there for them, but corruption. It is very sad to say, and witness the actions of the so-called pujaris that wear those garment. It is despicable the way they speak to others in the presence of the Divine Mother. She is crying every Sunday when she witnesses them. They keep the best fruits for themselves. They think that they are high in authority when the garment is worn. There is a darkness over there, and it will all come to an end soon. The temple is attached to the house, therefore, everything that goes on in the home is part of the temple.

I have seen people ignored when they visit another temple. People asked to leave. This is not the way a place of worshiping should be conduct. People marriages broken up. The head pujari is supposed to be leading by example, but he is too busy looking for his next victim. We were instructed by God, that we should not be a part of any church that is corrupt.

In regards to the young man that took part in the temple and was not given a tee shirt and doti is a disgrace. My heart bleeds for him. I believe him. I have witnessed Davo with the shirts in his white SUV distributing it only to those he favors. When asked by others, they were told that only members are given a shirt. BUll..........When you are worshiping God, there should be no favoritism. Everyone is a devotee. The donations that are collected every week is enough to purchase enough shirts to be equally distributed amongst their devotees.

The joker that replied to the person asking for the mantra that is said before the the mother's puja begins, he needs to do his homework. I have also asked uncle Lewis and was told that I have to learn it on my own. But, he failed to say that he only gives it to the young girls he beds. Some of us need to use our ears and eyes more than our mouths.

Basdeo temple in Brooklyn is also corrupt. Before you enter into the temple they are selling food for you to eat. Money comes before you worship. They have a lot to learn about doing what is right. Anyone can open a Kali temple, but is everyone willing to be kind, compassionate to their fellow man and a devoted devotee to the Divine Mother? Do they know the meaning of being GODLY?

There is a temple that I heard about in The Bronx. The Shri Bhairo Durga Mandir. It is on 2261 Watson Avenue. Check it out when you get a chance.

Guest guest

Dear Hopeless

I attend The South Jamaica Maha Kali Temple- 111-08 142nd Street, NY. Jai Ma

Before anyone enters into a Maha Kali temple, he/she has to fast for 72 hours. This begins on a Thursday and ends on Sunday after service. If anyone is married the couple have to abstain from intimacy. Kissing, etc..... For women, after the menstrual cycle ends, there is an additional 72 hours for her to be clean enough to enter into the temple. This is the proper way of fasting.

I read the comment where someone said that you must fast from Friday. Totally false.

Devotees, please, before you step into a temple, please do your research. It is like purchasing a home, you first have to check out the neighborhood, the people that lives on the block before you move in. Do the same with a temple. The ground should be sacred, and there should be no gossipping, slander or wickedness in the temple. Don't say to Mother that you did not know this, because today Wednesday, July 12, 2007, you were told.

I have no shares or $$$$$ invested in any of these temples. I do not want to see the innocent go astray because of ignorance. I am also seeking a peaceful place to worship.

Jai Sita Ram

a temple is not a corupped place...its a place of harmony...it is your mind that corrupt....if you go to a temple just pay attention only for what your reason (s) of being there you will certainly get your help...maybe you are one of those individual who corrupt other......god bless you.

Guest guest

Dear Hopeless

I attend The South Jamaica Maha Kali Temple- 111-08 142nd Street, NY. Jai Ma

To the person with the reply - maybe the person is corrupt not the temple, he has my sympathy.

When you are attending school and the other students are disruptive in class, can you concetrate? Same with the temples. They have people that are gossipping in the temple, laughing loudly, having their breakfast in the temple, cell phones are ringing and the pujaris are also involved with this. I have witnessed this behavior with my own eyes. What can you say about that? After service the women stay back to gossip about other people's business. I don't think that you know the true meaning of

"corruption." Don't bash other people for their experiences. When I fast for 72 hours and enter into the Mother Kali temple, I don't want to hear other people's business. I also saw when the Big Puja is held, the men that are making the preparations for the Canji rice, even though their mouths are covered with the red cotton, they are still having their own personal discussions. The women that are preparing the prasadum is gossipping over the sweet rice, their saliva is sprinkled over this sacred offering. Don't tell me about corrruption. Think and analyze before you respond. The bottom line is no one have any RESPECT anymore for what is sacred. Most of them their minds are occupied with material gains.

This is a message for Guest. Are you going to the Temple at 107-34 Inwood to worship or pay attention to what goes on with the people who attend service there? If the head pujari and his son in law are having problems, that is their business.If Dave and his wife have broken up, that is their problem and

nobody else's. Do you know for sure that their marriage is broken by the temple?