IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Dubya’s ‘l’affaire India’

Rate this topic

It is magnanimous. Now Jagai and madai were eligible for capital punishment, and Lord Chaitanya arrived to exact such punishment. However, the magnanimity of Lord Nityananda Prabhu won out. He cried, "Spare them, their behavior CAN be rectified." Lord ChAITANYA GRANTED REPRIEVE DUE TO THE PLEA OF Lord Nityananda, who is the resting place for all of Vaisnavism.

Prabhupada did not abuse nor discriminate against women, people of color. Nor did he ever even slightly justify the wars orf Kali Yuiga. In fact, he cursed the warfare in which "collateral damage" (killing of innocent non-part5icipants) as the ultimate evil of modern governments.

So, I agree that the vaisnava may be considered conservative on some issues, and liberal on some issues, however, the present use of both these terms is so polluted that they are not even good words to be used in sane discussion. The words are both oxymoronic.

To say bush is conservative is as ludicrous as to call clinton a liberal.

Maybe a better word is a violator of the constitution and one who holdsw this docu,ment dear and pledges to uphold.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

BTW, the abortion industry is the demon here, not the black teenager homeless pregnant female. If one has ever worked at a hospital, in the HAZMAT sector, knows that matter is never NOT USED. If one is against abortion, reject the pharmaceutical corporations as well. I am, and do. Just cause I got cancer does not give me permission to have someone coat my organs with fetal matter. Just because I got alzheimers does not allow taking baby brain pills.

Know your real enemy here. The fascist will hang the problem teens, but will glad hand the CEOs of the pharmeceuticals.

The teenager who gets the abortion will be aborted herself in the future do to the immutable laws of karma. And it is more white women and teenagers killing their babies than blacks.

But you are right, liberal is not the word. LOSER is!

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="468"><tbody><tr><td class="t10">

Thank you, Mr Bush

SUNDAY SENTIMENTS | Karan Thapar

March 4, 2006

</td></tr> <tr><td class="sttxt" align="left" valign="top"><table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="190"> <tbody><tr><td width="180"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="190"><table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="180"><tbody><tr height="1"><td colspan="5">

</td></tr><!--<tr height="27"><td width="1"></td><td width="1"></td><td width="176" align="center"></td><td width="1"></td><td width="1"></td></tr> <tr height="1"><td width="1"></td><td height="1" colspan="3"></td><td width="1"></td></tr>--><tr height="27"><td width="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td><td align="center" width="176">

</td><td width="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td></tr><tr height="1"><td width="1">

</td><td colspan="3" height="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td></tr><tr height="27"><td width="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td></tr><tr height="27"><td width="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td><td width="1">

</td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="5">

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">

</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">

</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" height="8">

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">

</td></tr></tbody></table>Have you noticed how the world doesn’t like America? Few countries have anything good to say. The irony is that those for whom it has done the most tend to be least grateful. And this applies regardless of whether the recipient state is Asian, Latin American or European.

In the 1950s, when the Marshall Plan was reviving Europe’s crushed fortunes, it was commonplace in England to joke about Yankee unpopularity. The one that became best known went like this: “We hate them for three reasons, because they are over-paid, over-sexed and over-here.” This snide if successful strand of humour has roots that stretch far back into Europe’s relations with the ‘New World’. Oscar Wilde was a past master: “It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful still to have missed it”, or “America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up.”

Even the French had their little digs. Clemenceau, who was Prime Minister during World War I, is best known for the following witticism: “America is the only country to have progressed from barbarism to decadence without experiencing the intervening stage of civilisation.” Freud: “America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen but, I’m afraid, it’s not going to succeed.”

What lies behind such humour is rank jealousy. Success, no doubt, breeds envy but when your own impoverishment or incapacity adds the curse of dependence envy turns rapidly into dislike. The more the world needs America the more it hates itself for it. And since one cannot swear at oneself, America becomes the next best victim.

Of course, Yankee crassness, at times their innocence and often their idiocy have added to this. Americans are hardly their own best ambassadors. I recall a US Senator at the Cambridge Union who single handedly helped his side lose the motion “This House reaffirms its faith in America.” It happened when, carried away by his eloquence, he warmed to the subject and promised to lift the poor cities of the world “up, up, up — all the way till they look like Kansas City.” That shattered all prospects of a vote in favour.

And yet if America feels let down, stung by ingratitude, even lacerated, I can understand its feelings. Because those who need America the most are often the ones to kick hardest. This week India came very close to joining the list of the ungrateful.

Consider the facts. After nearly forty years of undisputed existence, the international nuclear non-proliferation regime, one of the world’s most sacred holy cows, has been dismantled to admit one single country. Of itself this is epoch-making. It’s revolutionary. But when you add the fact that this will give India, a country that was sometimes called a nuclear rogue state, the capacity to enlarge its civilian nuclear industry, which otherwise simply couldn’t have happened, the magnitude becomes enormous.

But are we grateful? Not if you look at the Left or the Samajwadi Party. Nor if you judge by the so-called popular protest on the streets. Not even if you go by the polls published by newspapers like this one. Instead, we’re more concerned about Bush’s Iraq policy or his threats to Iran, by his duplicity in the war on terrorism or even his simplistic, moralistic, little-Christian attitudes. We prefer to see reasons to dislike him. We ignore all cause for gratitude.

My point is simple. If Bush is so terrible why did we seek him out for help? If his Iraq policy is so unforgivable and if he is, as Arundhati Roy insists, a killer, why did we ask for his assistance? The choice to not do so was always there. But we consciously acted otherwise. Now, having got what we wanted, and possibly in far greater measure than expected, does it become us to carp and criticise?

The truth is we have in George W. Bush a president more pro-Indian than any before him. In fact the same nuclear deal would not have been possible under Clinton or Kerry or Gore. Bush alone made it happen. And he did so despite our Parliament’s well-known stand on Iraq and the ill-disguised contempt our elite have for him. If he could rise above all that then, surely, in return we could have expressed our gratitude more clearly and with good cheer. The protests should have been postponed or muted. They were hardly a suitable way of saying thank you.

</td> </tr><tr><td>

</td></tr> </tbody></table>

Guest guest

The teenager who gets the abortion will be aborted herself in the future do to the immutable laws of karma. And it is more white women and teenagers killing their babies than blacks.

But you are right, liberal is not the word. LOSER is!

mahak: I agree that the losers in DC who are called liberals by FOX (liberman, hillary, and the whole bunch of them) have no gumption nor fire. This nation needs an opposition party, and the dems are not at all opposing.

And I know the make-up of those having abortions, and am sorry for the "black teenager" remark. I have no sympathy for the aborters at all, but write only to let the readers know that the abortion industry is an issue separate from those seeking abortion.

This is not the abortion topic, I just responded to the person bringing it up as if I am the one with the coathanger. Abortion is a dead issue. If the nation follows SDak, then it will be alive again, if abortions are stopped, great. But combined with this must be a more progressive approach where families can be held together, even in cases where one partner is rejected. How many abortions come from destitution and break-up of the mother and father.

I fully agree with Sriman Siddhaswarupanandas excellent pamphlet on the subject. But Im not the wielder of justice, either, and know that circumstances are always considered. And, re. karma, if those responsible for abortion (industry, scientists dealing in fetal matter, aborters, men who insist on such things, those giving permission) cannot come out of wombs alive, then how are abortions ever stopped? Seems to me that the math is tangent astronomical, and that full scale abortion as policy is just beginning. Any response?

PS Maybe on another topic?

I fully agree with Sriman Siddhaswarupanandas excellent pamphlet on the subject. But Im not the wielder of justice, either, and know that circumstances are always considered. And, re. karma, if those responsible for abortion (industry, scientists dealing in fetal matter, aborters, men who insist on such things, those giving permission) cannot come out of wombs alive, then how are abortions ever stopped? Seems to me that the math is tangent astronomical, and that full scale abortion as policy is just beginning. Any response?

PS Maybe on another topic?

I see the slippery slope of euthanasia coming, but not full scale abortion as policy. The tide is turning here in America, and most Americans (including women) are against choice. I see Roe v Wade overturned within the decade, and those that want abortions will have to kill their babies in the blue states.

But I am finished with this topic, catch up to ya on another one someday.

Haribol, ys, rX

Quote:

And, re. karma, if those responsible for abortion (industry, scientists dealing in fetal matter, aborters, men who insist on such things, those giving permission) cannot come out of wombs alive, then how are abortions ever stopped?

Reply:

Certianly it seems that there are an incredible number of implicated souls waiting for wombs - to be aborted - for their participations in abortions.

To answer your question - we need to see how the 'turn the other cheek' teaching relates to this.

We need to stop abortion - thus we check the need for further souls to have that karma placed on their accounts - we also thus deny such a rebirth reality - to the souls waiting for such a rebrith reality.

Where would those souls go if there were no wombs for them to be aborted within here?

There is without doubt some planet - lower than this - where such things do take place and - even here on earth - even if we stop abortion in the U.S. and Canada - that is a long way from ending the practice worldwide - as in - China and India. :eek:

So it would seem that we could stop the practice here and there could still yet be wombs for those souls still responsible - wombs of great number too.

I could see spill-over souls having no womb to enter - ending up in limbo until another kali yuga as well. :cool:

Without doubt we need our leaders to stop this sick practice and in the U.S. and in Canada we have leaders that are interested in doing so.

BDM

Guest guest

bdm-"Without doubt we need our leaders to stop this sick practice and in the U.S. and in Canada we have leaders that are interested in doing so."

mahak: Well, Im sure yall think Im wishy-washy on this issue, and this post will not clear up such an opinion. It is easy to point at the woman, call her murderer, etc. And the male will make laws that force a greater burden to be placed around her and will ascertain her position as chattel.

However, for the male, there is no freedom from the implications of aboprtion. If a male has sex with the girl he met at the nightclub, and is fully satisfied, and has no need for her anymore, he is never free. If she is impregnated and has an abortion, the male is the ultimate butcher, and perhaps even more implicated by that heinous act. All these hypocritical lawmakers are the same way, with their flings on taxpayer money. They throw their seed around without care, thinking they are just masterbating with a partner, but they are fully abortionists as well.

My sympathy and choice position is in deference to the female who is held by male dominated society as the master-criminal in this abortion issue. So, as I have worked with anti-abortion campaigns until I couldnt stomach the anti-christian rhetoric coming from those fanatic camps any longer, I still would like to see abortions outlawed. But if a woman and doctor is charged with murder (or probably a lesser crime) in the event that abortion is outlawed, I call for imprisoning EQUALLY the male who impregnated the woman, because, vedic wise, the male is responsible for protecting family members, including those in fetus bosies.

Lets get to the source of the issue, all you macho men who like to exercize your lawmaking for your chattel. If one you impregnate has an abortion, you lose your ----. Makes sense to me.

Don, Don, Don--sweet, naive, trusting Don. Not only will Bush not see Krishna, but he won't experience India. He'll hang out in plush suites, eat beef, and find ways to make India a better market for American services (and whatever goods we may still produce). He'll do whatever he can to undermine India's real wealth: its spiritual culture.

Very true. I hope India protects is real wealth as well.

Here is the original painting - does it look like I took anything out of the picture with Lord Rama - does it look 'original' like that?

011mg.jpg

stemplesite3nz.jpg

Any thoughts about these pictures? Does the Sri Rama one look better than the original [which is of course good too]? The figure of Rama is a pic of a polyresin murti - which is for sale at krishna culture.com

He's a very nice [well priced] murti - especially as seen in context with a background. I want to get Him one day. But this murti worked well for this 'painting re-make'.

BDM

Well that is a nice way to 'not' encourage?

I think that when he is in India - he shall see Krishna - somewhere. He is still seen nearly 'everywhere' there - right?

I'm praying that Lord Krishna reaches out to him and leaves a lasting impression - enough so - that he seeks out Srila Prabhupada's Books etc., yes - it is possible and - it is needed for himself and - our world.

I'm not saying that he's going to convert or anything [but we can hope] but he shall - with God's Grace broaden his perview in spiritual matters.

He is going to experiance the dynamic Krishna - within his own heart.

Also - if there are jobs going to India - so what!?

The west has had it all - [to some measure] at the expense of other countries [like India] - so now we have to include them.

Of course there is the issues of 'slave labor' in these countries - in terms of very low pay - but - it is a start.

Countries like India have a lot to offer and they have needs too - so we have to accept that we do live in a global economy and - in this regard we have to continue to make the right adjustments - to this global economy - that each part 'neatly' serves the others - that is the goal for the future.

We cannot look at our western economies as being strong - at the expense of these other's.

So in that regard - if Mr. Bush is going to send some jobs to India [and other places] - that is very good.

So while Mr. Bush is in India I'm praying that Krishna reaches out to him...

YS,

BDM

This American completely agrees with you :)

I thought it made Lord Ramacandra look 25 feet tall, even before I saw the original. They are definitely not bushes.

Hari Bolo!

He is in the foreground and the trees are in the distance - the perspective may be a little off I didn't want Him too small yet - He may be too big. Otherwise?

YS,

BDM