IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
abhaya108

doubt

Rate this topic

hare krsna people.

i have a serious question for you and i am curious if any of you have an serious reply to give to me.

i practiced KC for ten years, till two years ago my guru-ji fell down. in the beginning there were no troubles except the heartache, but after a while i gave up on KC slowly but steadily. to replace the emptiness in my heart i studied every spiritual path on the planet, from buddhism to christian mysticism to advaita vedanta. somewhere i felt bad and uncertain to study advaita and visit teachers cos it is contrary to vaishnava philosphy. but the vaishnava philosophy, the teachers and the people disappointed me very much so i didn't care too much.

but i am still left with the emptiness in my heart. there is no real feeling in any other path than what i experienced in being devoted to krsna and His devotees.

but still i feel very uncertain what to do. i hate dogma's, so please is there anyone who knows how i feel, and can anyone give me some advice or share some experience?

hare krsna,

david

It is about you and Krsna.

We have only three things eternally: our eternal self, our devotion to Krsna, and Krsna Himself. These are our only possessions. Hold on to them tightly.

gHari

Guest guest

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this.

In any case, maybe you should meditate, either on Krsna's form or something else. Perhaps you'll get the conviction you need through that, or direct experience of God, though it probably will take a while for you to get it, and patience is needed.

yes prabhu, I can relate to your pain and your doubts.

many gurus preach primarily attachment to them, not to Krishna. that is a tantric thing. and if and when they fall down, or when disciples begin to doubt the exalted nature of their guru, the entire house of cards falls apart.

go back to your roots, to the original desire that made you interested in Krishna Consciousness in the first place. start fresh. with time you will find nice devotees who will inspire you in your spiritual life, and inspire you to serve Krishna again.

best of luck to you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As the devotees are saying its between you and krishna, everything external is a tool for you to come closer to krishna. My personal relisation is the books are there to get you closer to krishna, the vaishnavas are there for you to get towards krishna, your siksa gurus are there for you to get to krishna.

In the beggining stages we may feel that its only our guru that is our via medium to krishna, some people may feel its the books, however as we advance and become more humble we relise knowledge can be gotten from other seniour vaishnavs too, as we advance and humble our selves more then we relise we can see krishna through less seniour vasihnavs and even karmis, and we start seeing lessons in nature, then when we are truly humble we start to hear paramatma.

Everything is a tool to get towards krishna dont become attached to the tool itself only attached in the sense that its used for krishna.

Guest guest

thank you veyr much for your concern prabhu-ji's. this is good advice and it inspires me.

thank you very much,

hare krisna, david

Put your faith in Srila Prabhupada and follow him. One shouldn't leave Krishna consciousness just because one's guru fell down. Rather than thinking the process is faulty, we should realize we made a mistake in choosing our guru. The perfect guru was always there waiting for you, but sometimes people try to obscure him from our view. Since you were sincere Krishna blessed you and removed that block from your path and made your mistake clear.