IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
protectacow

ACBS letters collection: Transcendental Soap Opera

Rate this topic

Letters from Srila Prabhupada to Subala, Krishna devi and Dinesh from 1967-74 Posted ImageClick here to go to entire collection of letters from AC Bhaktivedanta Swami to Subala, Krishna devi and Dinesh. About 72 letters in all.

New York

22nd April, 1967

My dear Subala das and Krishna Devi,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter and ___ so very nicely made. I am enjoying your preparations daily and it is so ___ I am glad that you are prosecuting the ___ regularly and that will make you happy in the world both in this life and in the next. Make Kirtana your life and soul and He will give you all benediction.

Los Angeles

20th February, 1968

My dear Krishna devi,

I am very glad to receive your letter of 2/15/68. Please accept my blessings. I am expecting you every moment. Krishna is very kind. He does not let go anyone who might have done a little bit of service. So how can He allow you to forget Krishna. You may be dragged by Maya for the time being but by Krishna's Grace that will have only temporary reaction; I am very glad that you are doing so much for decorating Krishna's temple. I thank Danny also because he is helping you in the service of Krishna. So I am also with you and I shall do my best to help you in advancing your Krishna Consciousness. Hope you are well.

Your ever well-wisher,

A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

San Francisco

30th March, 1968

My dear Subala,

Please accept my blessings. I was just thinking about you since you departed from this place and was anxious to get your letter, and I am very glad to receive it. By Krishna's Grace you are finding everything favorable, and I hope gradually you will find the atmosphere more favorable. I understand in New York it is still raining and little cold, therefore I am extending my stay here in San Francisco, for a few days more. We had many engagements in radio and television and similarly we are going to have more similar engagements. Here the kirtana performances are going on, as nicely, and people are taking interest in them.

The Radha Krishna statues prepared by Gaurasundara have been dispatched to Los Angeles through Aniruddha, and they are going to be cast in yellow brass. If one pair is successful then we shall get many pairs and one of the pairs shall be installed in your Santa Fe temple.

Please don't feel lonely. krishna is always with you and I shall pray for you and to Krishna also that you may make progress more and more in this faithful discharge of duties in Krishna Consciousness.

Thanking you once more.

Your ever well-wisher,

ACB

Montreal

13rd June, 1968

My Dear Krishna devi and Dinesh,

Please accept my blessings. I thank you very much for your letter of May 31, 1968, which is duly in hand. I had not heard anything from you in long time, so I was very glad to hear that you are doing well. I am pleased to hear that you have so nicely installed the Jagannatha Deities at your home, and that you are worshiping Them regularly with nice offerings of prasadam, incense and flowers, and also saying prayers before Them. That is very good. Please continue chanting and reading Srimad-Bhagavatam before the Deity, and you will progress nicely.

Yes, the coloring book idea is nice, but for now there is greater need of your service to Krishna in helping out the Santa Fe Temple. You have requested me in your letter to please advise you about your devotional service, and I shall tell you frankly that the best thing for you to do now is to help the Santa Fe Temple financially. You were originally entrusted with the responsibility of that branch, as you helped start it, and so it is your duty now to help maintain it, even you are not present there. If it is closed down, it will be great shameful to you. So, at the present moment your former husband, Subala, is struggling alone there, and there is urgent need of financial aid to him. Therefore, I request you to do this service; you and your husband should earn money nicely, and send to Santa Fe at least $100.00 a month. That will be good for you both, and good for me, and good for Subala, and the best service for Krishna. Krishna wants that you should do Him this service, to help maintain His Temple there, so I request that you shall do this immediately. And Krishna will be pleased upon you, and will give you all aid in serving Him in this way. That is my desire.

And, if after first giving service in this way, then, if you have got extra time and money, you can execute the coloring book idea, and I shall help you in the future on it. But the first duty is to help maintain the Lord's Temple as I have instructed. Hoping you are both well.

Your ever well-wisher,

Click here to go to entire collection of letters from AC Bhaktivedanta Swami to Subala, Krishna devi and Dinesh. About 72 letters in all.

image:http://sangalog.blogspot.com/Postage_Stamp.jpg

Seattle

18th October, 1968 See entire collection here.....

My Dear Krishna devi,

Please accept my blessings. I beg to acknowledge receipt of your long letter dated Oct. 13, 1968. I am so glad to read it that you are writing your letter from hospital, and I thank you very much that you are so much enthusiastic that even in hospital bed, you are thinking of serving Krishna in different ways.

When I received the news sent me by your husband to Jayananda that you are going to be operated, I was little bit perturbed, but immediately I submitted my prayer to Krishna, and I am so glad that Krishna is so merciful. He has saved your life and your baby, it is very much pleasing to me. So I am so much grateful to Krishna, and you should also know that how much grateful we should all be to Krishna. Actually, your case was life and death, without Krishna's Mercy you could not be saved. At least one life was at risk, either your baby's life, or your life. But Krishna is so kind that He has saved both of you. Now feeling this obligation to Krishna, you should be more enthusiastic to serve Krishna and I am very pleased to learn that you have got a nice beautiful Krishna Conscious child, so raise her to full Krishna Consciousness, and engage yourself, your husband, then the family will be very beautiful happy family. You will enjoy in this world, and in the next world. So it is all very nice by the Grace of Krishna.

I am going to Montreal on the 23rd October, 1968, and from there I shall go to Santa Fe, and from there I shall go to Los Angeles. I understood that Dinesh was to see me this Sunday, but if it is not possible to see me on Sunday, then the next chance will be to see me at Los Angeles. I think the Sankirtana party can sell the records very nicely, and you can directly correspond with Tamala Krishna. They are also going to Los Angeles just after my departure.

Hope this will find you in good health, and pray to Krishna for your quick recovery.

Your ever well-wisher,

See entire collection here.....

Guest guest

Paramananda prabhu: We're always feeling your presence very strongly, Srila Prabhupada, simply by your teachings and your instructions. We're always meditating on your instructions.

Srila Prabhupada: Thank you. That is the real presence. Physical presence is not important.

(Room Conversation, Vrndavana, 6/10/77)

Posted Image

Wow! very nice! Is this a Iskcon doing? Whoever it is, they are fullfilling Prabhupada's actual "final order"!

I got your other email thanks for responding.

I hope you are well and happy in your service to Srila Prabhupada.

Yours in the service of Prabhupada