IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

winding radio

Rate this topic

Guest guest

the radios are junk, wind for a minute for 1/2 hour? What a waste, sounds okay until you wind for a whole minute, which seems like forever.

I wanted to get a mp3 player which has a battery charger. But I heard it runs out after 1-2 years depending on how many time you use it. Bit of a con if you ask me. That's why I thought about this windup Machine. I think I'll just get a normal CD Player, which plugs into a socket.

Guest guest

You can likely find one that uses normal AAA rechargeable batteries instead of a proprietary arm-and-a-leg battery system. They all plug into the wall to recharge the batteries.

You can save a lot more content on an MP3 unit, and they have no moving parts like the CD players. They have to last longer than a CD player.

They do have moving parts. The hardrive [mp3 players usually 1 gigs and over] uses some kind of machine, [hear it ticking]. I heard if you drop it [the mp3 player] it can easily break it.

I wonder if in years to come, they invent a Mp3 player you can plug into some part of your body, and it powers it. Could say the body is like a battery [sleep recharges it]. When it's no longer usefull the Soul takes another Battery. Until it reaches a body which according to it's own nature. lol. From Mp3 to Soul.

Guest guest

This one even uses only one rechargeable standard AAA battery:

http://www.epinions.com/Coby_MP_C641_256_MB_MP3_Player/display_~full_specs

I never use my old CD player anymore. MP3 is always ready to go. All those internet MPs songs, books, lectures ready to travel in a tiny package. 256 MB would give you nearly 24 hours of listening without reload.

I bought an expensive 20 gig hard-drive Sony but realized I didn't need so much space and that if I had one a tenth the cost it would be less stressful on handling the unit. 256 or 512 Megs will keep anyone happy. And if I have a few cheap AAA rehargeables handy it would be better than the 20 hour proprietary battery in the Sony which will eventually go dead and become unavailable after a few years.

But MP3 is far more practical than a CD player. No comparison at all. You will be sorry if you go CD.

I needed one that plays wma. Your a mind reader! I'll need to get a battery charger. I was thinking about this too, 1 Gigs and over for me I think how will I listen to it all.? But you need to have your PC Handy, but I just wanted put few lectures of my Gurudeva, mayb make me more attached.