IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Western Culture Is Demonic

Rate this topic

In general there are some good qualities in the people of the west but unfortunately the demonic qualities are dominant. What is worse is that the whole world is copying the demonic western values and totally ignoring the good values of the west. What are the good values in the people of the west? Honesty, cleanliness, self-confidence, leadership, courage etc.

Killing of Unborn Children

Before the birth of a child, there is good chance of being killed within the womb of the mother, by the mother herself. The abortion rate is highest in the Western countries.

Sexual Relationships Start Early

For the children who make it out of the womb alive, at age 14, the boys and girls start their sexual relationships, what they call girl friend, boy friend.

Partying To Find Mates

The partying habit that starts from birth with birthday parties grows into partying for real at age 16. The main aim for partying is to find mating partners. In parties, suitable mates are found and utilized.

Drugs and Alcohol

While partying they pick-up the habit of intoxications, alcohol, and drugs.

Bellies are Graveyards for Animals

They are brainwashed into thinking that killing (meat eating) is needed for good health. Their nutritional knowledge is very limited they think that flesh is the only source of protein.

Sex With Multiple Mates Before Marriage

Most marriages are based on sex impulses only. Like a hunter who hunts in the forest for meat, they hunt for mates in parties. Most of the time, the catch turns out to be rotten, so they keep hunting.

Sex Outside Marriage

After a test drive with several mates, they think they have found a suitable mate for marriage. So then there is marriage, but the habit of hunting for mates is hard to get over. Some of them keep hunting after marriage. There are extra marital affairs in many marriages. After a few years of marriage, one or both of the couples find another mate, and then there is divorce. The Western countries have the highest divorce rate.

No Discrimination Between Sexual Partners

God made men and women for each other. But the West is very creative. Some think that men are made for men and women for women, gay and lesbian relationships. Thousands of gays and lesbians are officially married in America.

Parents Are Considered A Liability

As soon as they become young adults, earning money. They leave home and fend for themselves. The children visit their parents on annual occasions. This they call keeping in touch. When the parents are old and are unable to take care of them selves, they are sent to nursing homes. The children are unable to look after their own parents.

The Result of Western Culture

A westerner says “I am very happy partying, mating and living a very comfortable life to the full, I don’t need restrictions and rules to follow.”

What is the use of this so-called comfortable life, if after this life, you become an animal?

It is very difficult to stop yourself from being influenced by the demonic customs of the West. Even a man of discrimination can be captured by the satanic values.

"As a strong wind sweeps away a boat on the water, even one of the roaming senses on which the mind focuses can carry away a man's intelligence." (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 2.67)

"While contemplating the objects of the senses, a person develops attachment for them, and from such attachment lust develops, and from lust anger arises. From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered, intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost one falls down again into the material pool." (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 2.62-63)

Very good comparison Krsna Prabhu.

The glitter of the West is so attractive that the conditioned soul is attracted to it just like a magnet. As Prahlaad Maharaaj says "Maayaa Sukhaaya Bharam Udvahato Vimuudhaan".

The conditioned mind is so much attracted towards things not conducive for spiritual development and hence it is a really hard struggle in the material universe to get out of the conditioning which has no begining. Hence Krishna Himself says "Manah Shashtaani Indriyaani Prakrti Sthaani Karshati"

Jaya Srila Prabhupada! Hare Krishna!

Ms/Mr Guest,

You are right as well!

Kali Purusha has influence everywhere in the world now. After all it is called a 'Global Village' now and because of this the Kali Purusha has easy accessibility to all the places in the world - be it west or east, north or south!

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

With regard to abortion, I think we'd need to examine India before any other country. Abortion for sex selection, considered abhorrent by even the most outspoken advocates of "reproductive rights," is commonplace in India. About 12 years ago, we saw a report on this business of having quick sonograms to determine the fetus' sex, then aborting if it's a girl. I was so outraged I wanted to reach through the TV screen and strangle these useless piles of s**t passing as human.

Let's face it: Kali Yuga is demoniac, and this age started with a brahmana boy.

Guest guest

It's like one of my Buddhist friends once told me. India is a prime example of why samsara sucks.

- D.B. Cooper Jr.

Guest guest

learnt these nasty things from the west. You didn't find these things in India before British rule.

Guest guest

Motto: Blame the British for everything.

Why would this be learnt from the British? It is an age-old Indian custom for the girl's family to pay for the wedding and hand out exorbitant amounts as dowry. Not everyone was capable of paying up and therefore, the idea of killing girls at infancy was a common thing.

This was more in the remote villages, where people mostly led impoverished lives. It may still be happening in some places. With technology, now they have the ability to determine gender of the fetus and abort, if it is a girl. But the basic concept itself is nothing new.

it is for this reason that gender determination is banned in India, where as it is available in most other countries. You do not see British men deamnding 1 kg of gold from the girl as dowry, do you? Why would they have a need to kill girl babies there?

Sorry to disappoint you there, but this is an all-indian practice & has nothing to do with any other country.

Cheers

Guest guest

It is Indian custom for the BOY's family to pay the girl, which changed due to British influence. Get your facts straight. Moreover, you're that troll-clown shvu, why bother participating here? Every time there's something negative on India, you post with all your energy and enthusiasm. Do you have so little self-respect that you do so? Don't you have anything else to do with your life?

No matter which board, which subject, like a shameless prick, you keep posting nonsense whenever there's a thread on India. What's this obssession with India that even though you aren't a regular participant, you come out of nowhere to post? I've never seen you post anything useful, it is always about India's negative values that attract you. Seems as if the Brits/Muslims have kicked your a$$ so hard you can't get up from your sewer, and instead 'blame India' has become your preoccupation.

Guest guest

My dear friend,

Krishna could forgive shishupala a 100 times. Although I am an ordinary dude, I am sure I can go upto 20, 25 times with you.

So while the moderators sleep on, let me tell you something useful. People resort to ad hominen attacks when they have no clear points to make. For intance, given that the dowry practise in India is in the groom's favor and if the system was something else before the British as you newly claim, you would produce some evidence. The fact that you don't backup your bald claim shows you are just speaking nonsense with no knowledge of history.

This is where I come in. I am here to knock sense into people like yourself who seem to have their brains operating in low power mode, i.e., with most of the parts turned off.

Maybe you fight with your wife often which makes you miserable. Or maybe you do not have a wife which makes you miserable. Whatever be the reason, the solution for you is anger management! 30 days of intense theraphy ought to set you right and get your brains fully functioning again.

Give it a try. I wish you nothing, but good luck in life.

Cheers

Guest guest

troll-clown! Why is it you post in these forums every now and then? Are you bored with your life? Do you have a wife? If you do, does she beat you up every day? If she does, god bless her! lol. Otherwise, why are you so sore? Talk to me, maybe, I can help you with your domestic problems.

Guest guest

Please stop this bickering, we should all be here to promote religion. This thread started by critisizing demonic culture, and now you two are in here being demons yourselves! One should be modest and compassionate, I implore you two to be prime examples of this. Argument and debate is fine but why do you have to resort to name-calling?

Jai Sri Krishna!

-Amit

Guest guest

Hey Krsna, I forgot to mention, your post is filled with truth! I am born and raised in the United States and am currently a college student and I for one can completly relate to what you have said here!

-Amit

Guest guest

I think America had a wake-up call when the prisoners were abused in Iraq. The self-image of the saintly nation doing good is slowly crumblig under the prying eyes of instant multimedia news.

regarding the subject of the message - All humans and other living beings are the creation of God. By calling America, God's Nation, do we say that only people living in America are God's people?

The text of the message, I agree with.

Guest guest

That was to reflect the illusion Americans have about themselves. The question was: will they ever wake up from that illusion?

Guest guest

I dont think you can blame Western culture for all the moral degradation that is taking place in other parts of the world.

At least they are open about it and parents are left to fend for themselves because they want to see their children free.

They are not hypocrites unlike India where believe me my friends everything from rape,sodomy,abuse of women,harassing women on the streets(by immature sexually hungry men),dowry harassment,early divorce female infanticide child sacrifice

prostitution take place and people pretend that this malaise

doesnt exist .Its silly and immature to blame Western society. People like Krsna ought to live in Saudi Arabia and other wretched countries in order to better appreciate the principles of freedom and equality.

Talking of Americans waking up from the illusion they have about themselves, one can say that it is asking too much from them. The systhetic superiority complex they have about themselves has made them incapable of recognizing the reality at ground level.

Guest guest

With regard to abortion, I think we'd need to examine India before any other country. Abortion for sex selection, considered abhorrent by even the most outspoken advocates of "reproductive rights," is commonplace in India. About 12 years ago, we saw a report on this business of having quick sonograms to determine the fetus' sex, then aborting if it's a girl. I was so outraged I wanted to reach through the TV screen and strangle these useless piles of s**t passing as human.

Let's face it: Kali Yuga is demoniac, and this age started with a brahmana boy.

TV is funny that way. It makes you see what it wants you to see. It will show you the 10 Indian women who abort female fetuses, not the hundreds of thousands more who could never conceive of such a thing.

But the result, of course, is that you are left with the impression that Indian women in general condone if not practice it. And thus, you feel better knowing that there's an entire society of people whose values are seemingly inferior to your own.

If you are intelligent, then you might have some inkling as to what it is I'm trying to tell you. If not, just carry on...

Guest guest

The illustrious Shvu wrote:

It is an age-old Indian custom for the girl's family to pay for the wedding and hand out exorbitant amounts as dowry. Not everyone was capable of paying up and therefore, the idea of killing girls at infancy was a common thing.

This was more in the remote villages, where people mostly led impoverished lives.

... and then he went on to say:

People resort to ad hominen attacks when they have no clear points to make....The fact that you don't backup your bald claim shows you are just speaking nonsense with no knowledge of history.

Master Shvu,

Please provide the evidence that the families of Indian brides were required to pay "exorbitant amounts as dowry." Note that we are not asking you to prove that brides' family must pay dowry, as that is not the point being disputed here. We are asking you to prove that brides' families were/are customarily required to pay an amount that they cannot afford, and that the killing of female fetuses is inextricably linked to this.

For the conclusion to be accepted, causality must be undeniably established as fact. Merely speaking through your rear orifice will simply not do.

For what it's worth, there are even feminist writers who distinguish between "dowry" and "dowry abuse." This is in contrast to Shvu and other Indian apologists who generally see the two as synonymous.

Also, Shvu takes issue with the idea of blaming the British. Well, here is what wikipedia.org has to say about dowry in India:

"British Dowry system at India's cost

The Dowry system, which was non-existent before the late middle ages, can be attributed to the coming of the colonial and imperialist British with their land ownership rights and the associated revenues. Prior to the British instituted system, no single person held land ownership - in fact the village as a whole owned the land - so no give or take could be possible during weddings. Once individual and fractious land ownership was forcibly introduced by the British (as this facilitated the exploitation and pillage of Indian wealth by the Colonialists), it became possible for land to be traded and offered as gift or transferred. Prior to the British Dowry system, the only wealth given during weddings was the jewelry/ornaments passed from mother to daughter as has been happening since generations. Even now this tradition continues, but has been subsumed by the larger British Dowry system."

Of course, these facts are inconvenient for Shvu since his thesis is basically that the Indians are the primitive ones who need to bring themselves up to the standard of the West. The media and unfortunately Western Academia has a fondness for casting Indian people into the role of the exotic, a trend that is fundamentally dehumanizing. In their selective portrayals of Indian culture, they are loathe to depict Indians as human beings who have the same feelings of love and compassion that the rest of us do. On the contrary, Indians are depicted as being cruel slaves to traditions which allow horrific violence against women and children. It is never the case that these crimes are analyzed according to the same standards of scholarship which are found in criminal sociology, which takes into account issues of poverty and social conflict. Sociologists do not conclude for example that African-Americans are culturally predisposed towards violence and riots, even though history would support such a conclusion. Yet the same courtesy is not extended to the Indian people, whose sins are always held to be the result of exotic and cruel cultural standards with little to no discussion of the socioeconomic factors that breed them.

Sorry to disappoint you there, but this is an all-indian practice & has nothing to do with any other country.

Please also note that the practice of giving dowry is not unique to India. It was practiced in many other cultures. There are references to dowry in Shakespeare's King Lear, for example. If you aren't too caught up in your self-appointed role as reformer of the poor and backward Indian natives, you might consider doing a google search for the word "dowry" and see where it leads you.

"Guest": "But the result, of course, is that you are left with the impression that Indian women in general condone if not practice it. And thus, you feel better knowing that there's an entire society of people whose values are seemingly inferior to your own."

Well, it wasn't ten Indian women, it was an industry nationwide--doctors with sonograms in one room and a tanble in the other. I'm not stupid enough to believe that this is every Indian woman, but in a nation with a billion people, it's still a lot of families. Besides, it was the fathers'[/] desire for sons, based on local cultural biases, that drove the business, not the women. My only point in posting that was that, 5100 years into Kali yuga, India isn't necessarily all that much better than the West.

G: "If you are intelligent, then you might have some inkling as to what it is I'm trying to tell you."

Jeez, that's not even clever. If you had any intelligence at all, you'd know that I'm too well educated to be easily manipulated by such transparent nonsense.

Guest guest

Well, it wasn't ten Indian women, it was an industry nationwide--doctors with sonograms in one room and a tanble in the other.

I will hazard a guess that the program you viewed did not show "an industry nationwide." Rather, it probably showed ten or so women and then went on to speak of "an industry nationwide." That is the point.

I'm not stupid enough to believe that this is every Indian woman, but in a nation with a billion people, it's still a lot of families.

It's a lot of families in any country, but only for India does it become a TV program about supposed cultural standards and female infanticide.

My only point in posting that was that, 5100 years into Kali yuga, India isn't necessarily all that much better than the West.

Actually, looking back at the posting, it is obvious that nothing was said about India and its allegedly higher moral standard. Apparently, some responders just felt that the criticism of the West should be balanced by criticism of certain individuals in India. Perhaps it was felt that referring to "Western" culture as demonic implicitly glorified "Eastern" culture in some way. In all honesty, it seems more likely that "Western" culture was attacked since "the West" has pioneered many of the trends in gender relations and other immoral activity that are now becoming standard elsewhere. It seems unlikely that the person referring to Western Culture as demonic was attempting to glorify India as it is. It seems more likely, when considering the context, that the person was trying to call attention to the very aspects of Western culture that contemporary Indians seek to emulate.

Jeez, that's not even clever. If you had any intelligence at all, you'd know that I'm too well educated to be easily manipulated by such transparent nonsense.

Hmm. Like I said... just carry on.

Guest: "I will hazard a guess that the program you viewed did not show "an industry nationwide." Rather, it probably showed ten or so women and then went on to speak of "an industry nationwide." That is the point."

Actually, it showed a proliferation of such clinics in many cities throughout the nation. Of course it chose a small number of examples to help tell the story. Ar you suggesting that such an industry is not widespread (or at least was not in the early '90s)? That these are rare instances only? Do you have any evidence for that?

G: "It's a lot of families in any country, but only for India does it become a TV program about supposed cultural standards and female infanticide."

Does that mean that you assert there is no female infanticide based on such a cultural bias? How can you support such an assertion.

G: "It seems unlikely that the person referring to Western Culture as demonic was attempting to glorify India as it is. It seems more likely, when considering the context, that the person was trying to call attention to the very aspects of Western culture that contemporary Indians seek to emulate."

Sure, but it's really Kali's culture, not Western culture. And, as I pointed out, Kali was introduced by a brahmana.

I'm at least as much an admirer of what's good about India's spiritual culture as anyone here. I just don't have an emotional investment in the lable "Indian" as someone who identifies himself or herself as Indian. And I sure don't have any ammunition for defending Western culture, either. It's quite embarrassing, to say the least. But I personally don't identify with the West to as great an extent as some do with the East or anywhere.

Guest guest

Actually, it showed a proliferation of such clinics in many cities throughout the nation. Of course it chose a small number of examples to help tell the story. Ar you suggesting that such an industry is not widespread (or at least was not in the early '90s)? That these are rare instances only? Do you have any evidence for that?

I'm suggesting that it showed only a small number of examples which you interpreted (rightfully or wrongfully) as indicating a "widespread industry."

I have no evidence that the industry is not "widespread." Then again, I have no evidence that you aren't beating your wife or abusing your children. In either case, I think that "proof by failure to refute the contrary" is a somewhat unreasonble standard by which to judge.

G: "It's a lot of families in any country, but only for India does it become a TV program about supposed cultural standards and female infanticide."

Does that mean that you assert there is no female infanticide based on such a cultural bias? How can you support such an assertion.

It means that infanticide is a tragedy wherever it occurs, but only in the context of the "other" (i.e. India) does it become reported within the context of a cultural predisposition. It's the same old story - those with power capitalize on the sense of the exotic to sell a story of cultural depravity to any who would listen. The sins that occur within one's own culture are simply sins. But the sins that occur in someone else's culture are a direct extension of its misguided culture, rather than sins per se.

The fact that many are willing to accept that Indians are predisposted to baby-killing based on a TV show is enough reason to call into question the amazing power the media has on the imaginations of even "Vedic-culture-friendly" Americans.

G: "It seems unlikely that the person referring to Western Culture as demonic was attempting to glorify India as it is. It seems more likely, when considering the context, that the person was trying to call attention to the very aspects of Western culture that contemporary Indians seek to emulate."

Sure, but it's really Kali's culture, not Western culture. And, as I pointed out, Kali was introduced by a brahmana.

That is a feeble explanation for attacking India, when India and Indian culture were not even mentioned at the beginning of the thread. The last line in particular reminds me of the anti-semitic attitudes in the Jesus myth vis-a-vis Judas. That it is a fact that a brahmana was involved in ushering in the age of Kali (argueable, but that is for another time) does not prove that it is an innocent remark, anymore than saying that Jesus was betrayed by a Jew/Jews.

I'm at least as much an admirer of what's good about India's spiritual culture as anyone here. I just don't have an emotional investment in the lable "Indian" as someone who identifies himself or herself as Indian. And I sure don't have any ammunition for defending Western culture, either. It's quite embarrassing, to say the least. But I personally don't identify with the West to as great an extent as some do with the East or anywhere.

I have no emotional investment in any label, except perhaps, for the label of "human." I find it disappointing that my fellow humans are quick to believe ill of their own brother just by seeing a program on TV. Again, we never see TV programs depicting abortions in the United States as a Christian problem or an American problem. But abortions in India are always characterized as an Indian cultural problem or a Hindu problem. That is extremely sad.