Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

2006 Srila Prabhupada Disciples Reunion Sridhama Mayapur

Rate this topic

Guest guest

2006 Srila Prabhupada Disciples Reunion Sridhama Mayapur

BY JAYADVAITA SWAMI

MAYAPUR, INDIA, Dec 6 (VNN) — Dear Maharajas and Prabhus,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Since last year's reunion of Srila Prabhupada disciples turned out to be a good success, this year we are planning to do it again.

The dates: February 28 through March 2.

The place: ISKCON Mayapur.

As with last year, prasadam and accommodations for disciples of Srila Prabhupada will be free. There are no fees or charges. All you have to do is come.

Again there will be opportunities for us to take prasadam and associate together and renew old friendships. And again there will be daily programs for speaking our memories of how we served together in Srila Prabhupada's presence.

Last year, godbrothers and godsisters joined us who hadn't been to Mayapur in years--or had never come at all.

So along with the organizers of the Mayapur festival, I heartily invite all of Srila Prabhupada's disciples to come.

Again this year, Braja Sevaki Dasi has kindly agreed to coordinate your registration and lodging for you. So to confirm you'll be coming, please write to her, <Braja.Sevaki.TKG@pamho.net>.

(If you will be arriving earlier than the reunion or staying later, please let Braja Sevaki know so she can put you in touch with the Mayapur guest houses.)

For more information about this year's Mayapur festival, please visit http://www.mayapur.com.

And if you have any questions or comments about the reunion, please feel free to write to me. I'll do my best to be of service.

Thank you. Hare Krsna.

Hoping this finds you in good health,

Your servant,

Jayadvaita Swami

PS: Please spread the word to disciples of Srila Prabhupada who might otherwise not see this message.

Guest guest

The "Old Boys Club". It seems to me is NOT what Srila Prabhupada envisaged for ISKCON.

Interviewer: Now, are you a guru?

Prabhupada: Yes, I am the Spiritual Master of this institution, and ALL the members of the Society, they're supposed to be MY disciples. They follow the rules and regulations which I ask them to follow, and they are INITIATED by me spiritually. So therefore the Spiritual Master is called Guru. That is Sanskrit language." (Srila Prabhupada Radio Interview March 12, 1968, San Francisco)

We've got 'The Guru Club' now the "Old Boys Club" is becoming more & more established.

i have witnessed myself on many occasion's were the junior devotee's are made to serve the prabhupada disciples fallen or not while they sit around like messiahs or kings reliving the glory day's like everything was great after prabhupada left and they were in charge to ruin everything for the rest, especially the 80's, what a traversty and a debarcle.

Like being a Prabhupada disciple is a different devotee, a special devotee, than any other devotee and should be given special attention even if completely fallen or convicted of abuse to children even molestation, what nonsense

The old boy's club a very dodgy seen and contraversially devotional. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Guest guest

I'm an initiated Prabhupada disciple -- well aspiring to be a real disciple someday -- and I agree. Everyone in ISKCON is ultimately Prabhupada's disciple. So everyone should be welcome free and with open arms. Amn initiation ceremony of fruits and flowers does not a real disciple make. We're all equal in the eyes of the Lord. So this sectarianism should be cast out. It only encourages false ego and abuse -- and that ain't just whistling dixie after 28 years of watching the wheels go round and round. If you love Prabhupada, then you're all right. Someday this will all be history anyway. The truth always prevails in the end. Meantime, live your life out with humility and grace. Find a simple service you like to do, no matter how small or simple. Live a balanced life and don't be a phony showman. Krsna sees all and you'll be happy.

Guest guest

like free accommodation for prabhupada disciples, what a joke totally alienating other devotee's as a different crowd and treated differently or inferior.

Like you said one day these pathetic boy's club's within iskcon will finish and fresh devotees will take the place of the old and leadership will change, hopefully to a more complete appreciation of everyone around us not just the good old boy's club mentality.

Are we really different to the non-devotees as a whole, sometimes i feel were worse because were given such sublime knowledge and still we fight like cats and dogs, building opposing forces against one another in iskcon to gain political control like the non-devotee governments of the world, what is the difference?

The guru wars was one example.

Iskcon australia is another perfect example of the level of opposition that each TP or GBC member is faced with against one another, it's a bit out of hand at the best of times, constantly fighting one another for the upper hand in a struggle for control for this region or that region or this devotee or that devotee, what a joke.

Wholistic iskcon is gone it is no longer a group effort with a unifying principle which was prabhupada to start with, such as the final word over disputes, now it seems more of individual groups or branch's of iskcon fighting for supremacy or who's the best, if it doesn't support your temple or your little slice of the action then stuff it we don't want it, use abuse then disregard when useless, just like cold hard business.

Although Lord Chaitanya's Sankirtan Movement internally will alway's be there externally thing's do change and that's what the public and the fresh new devotee's see.

J.S das

Guest guest

The reason they are offering free accomodation, etc., for "Prabhupada disciples," is to silence them. Then they can't complain. But it makes no sense spiritually. Is Prabhupada any less spiritually advanced than say Jagannatha Das Babaji Maharaj because he appeared later in chronological time on this plane? It's not when, it's quality of devotion. I can sit around and get fat and lazy because I was initiated before someone else, but that ain't gonna fool Krishna. When I joined ISKCON, the brahmanas got extra maha prasad on their plates. I was new, and oh boy, one day I forgot to give a brahmana extra sweets and did I get it! So many stories, I tell you. But you just have to take the essence, which is love of God - same old, same old. And don't worry, Prabhupada will never fail. One day the entire world will bow at his lotus feet, imho anyway.

JS DasJi

like free accommodation for prabhupada disciples, what a joke totally alienating other devotee's as a different crowd and treated differently or inferior.

In this material world we do consider the material body and seniority in terms of the material body. Otherwise everything will become impersonal. So taking that into consideration we should learn to respect their seniority of age, at the least, and give them the due respect they deserve.

I am very sure that all the souls who have received association and initiation when Srila Prabhupada was physically present in the planet are very fortunate and Krishna has given them something which every devotee hankers for - Any disagreements?

After saying that, I am in no way saying that we cannot associat with Srila Prabhupada now in the form of his vaani and books. Sure he is still as accessible as he was when he was physically present in the planet!

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Guest guest

why not say free accommodation to all seniour devotee's and not just prabhupada disciples if it is based on age, somebody may have been practicing for longer and more strict than a prabhupada disciple but is still not accepted.

i agree to respect elders as a general rule, aswell as respecting all living entities.

it's a boy's club

J.S das

Guest guest

It's not fair that so-called newer devotees are made to feel that Prabhupada is only accessible to the "Prabhupada disciples." Prabhupada is available to everyone. He is not limited by time or space, otherwise why do we worship him? He is Jagat-Guru, not just in name. Everyone is equal in Prabhupada's eyes. I saw it myself. Big big devotees, this or that, didn't fool him. I saw him stop a kirtan where an "older" disiciple was too showy and a younger devotee took over the kirtan in a humble manner, pleasing to Srila Prabhupada. Sincerity is the key - yesterday, today or tomorrow. Leaders, please give everyone a chance and stop pretending to be advanced by dint of so-called "personal association." Prabhupada is not a material guru. Everyone can come along on Prabhupada's Jaladuta ship back home, back to Godhead. Sure we can give respect, but it goes both ways. Who knows who might be the next acarya or great saintly person? Prabhupada was seen as "just" a householder at one point in his life. Time will tell.

JSDas Ji says:

why not say free accommodation to all seniour devotee's and not just prabhupada disciples if it is based on age, somebody may have been practicing for longer and more strict than a prabhupada disciple but is still not accepted.i agree to respect elders as a general rule, aswell as respecting all living entities.

Well, again there comes the impersonal philosophy if we do that. We have to recognise the fact that Srila Prabhupada himself in his physical presence chose to accept that particular individual to be his disciple - What a great fortune! Is there any other fortune in this world other than this?

Of course, it was upto each and every individual how s/he used that great fortune for his/her betterment /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your point regarding respecting all the living entities is very good!

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Guest guest

We can agree to disagree. But I wonder who wants to be honored or worshiped if they're a conditioned soul? Who wants people oohing and awing and bowing down before them? Prabhupada can do because he takes not a farthing of the treasury but offers it up to Krsna through his spiritual master and the disciplic succession purely. But all this distinction, adoration and profit can be a very dangerous thing for anyone else. Why not all the Prabhupada disciples offer their younger godbrothers and godsisters free accomodation and respect? After all, to become a devotee nowadays without Prabhupada's personal presence surely cannot be easy, with all the ISKCON history, etc. Therefore, the new disciples deserve SO MUCH respect. I salute thee.

Guest guest

but does that alone make someone a great devotee or special soul me thinks not.

it's the quality of the devotee regardless of the guru that defines respect and recognition of the devotee over the rest as a special devotee like prabhupada.

just because prabhupada accepted you as a disciple out of compassion it does not mean you will follow or be in a different class of elite devotee's as is the mood of the prabhupada disciples (that's not to say all but a majority).

It's almost as if that alone define's a certain respect which is totally impersonal in spiritual respect as one is respected out of quality not your birth or who your guru is.

So i feel myself that your answer to my argument as impersonal has no spiritual backbone to the argument.

My question to you is why do you think a devotee should be given respect? your birth? who your guru is? or your defining spiritual quality?

If we respect devotee's just because they have a certain guru then it is no different then caste brahmana's who are respected and accepted because of there birth.

Your a disciple of this guru so you get special attention but not this other disciple because he belongs to another guru (within gauranga's movement).

i think that is more impersonal don't you?

J.S das

Guest guest

Hare Krishna. Not everyone thinks the same, as you can see. I know many Prabhupada disciples who don't think that they're special at all, who don't believe that they're any different than anyone else, except for some inconceivable grace and mercy. They don't want respect or recognition. But many of those disciples are living far away from the movement, the internet, etc., and so you can't see them. A man may father many sons, but it doesn't mean that they will be or think the same way. There may be great quarreling among the brothers and that may even hurt the father. Some will stay and fight and some will wait and see. But a Vaisnava still offers respect to everyone, even to the ants, and even to those with whom he may disagree. Krishna sees and knows all. You're very smart. Krishna will help you.

Your a disciple of this guru so you get special attention but not this other disciple because he belongs to another guru (within gauranga's movement).

i think that is more impersonal don't you?

Not at all. That is purely personal. Because you are respecting a person based on his personality/ies and the personality he is associating with.

Of course, I do agree that one's perception of an individual should be surely based on his qualities and activities (Guna and Karma) rather than anything else...

Guest guest

a person may be a murderer, rapist and child molesterer but if he is in good association then he is a saint? ah i don't think so.

i am glad you agree it is the quality that defines a person spiritually.

Guest guest

Are you guys stupid or something,

Even prabhupada gave respect to his own god brothers, he said it doesnt matter what i say about them you have to treat them with respect, he also went on to say that god brothers should be seen as himself. He went to india when his godbrothers had a function it was the diciples of Bhaktisidhnata maharaj that were invited.

Prabhupada never spoke against this so who are you to do this, your mundane logic cant know about ettiquite/respect and culture.

With the hate and envy you have you will never get to krishna with these there. Who are you to judge the motivations of others what makes you a judge, whther they have ill motivations or not what gives you the right to demand others should be invited. People are always having programs with different types of devotees based on a common factor, ie locality, similar experiences, similar problems, same guru to talk about the guru, same society, same sampradaya ie all the gaudiya sampradaya get together, programs with any vaishnavas from any of the 4 sampradayas, program for devotees in the scientifc community so they can talk about there experiences, etc etc etc.

Use your brain.

Get a life - a spiritual one.

Guest guest

Just a coincidence ?

In Australia where I live, ISKCON held a program in the same week that Srila Narayan and his group were in Australia.

Another coincidence !!

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

So what if there was an ISKCON program when narayan maharaj come?

Where ever narayan maharaj goes all programs should come to a halt?

Are you crackers?

Guest guest

ISKCON in the past tried to stop and threaten to sue Sripad Narayan's group when they used the word " Hare Krishna" in the advertisement of their program in Murwillumbah , Australia.

A devotee of NM anwered ISKCON in a letter saying that even Srila Prabhupad, when asked by his own devotees if they should copyright the word Hare Krishna, replied that he did not invent the words.

Logical, isn't it?

And who are you to say I am a cracker. I have never used that word to another soul and I am not even claiming to be a Vaishnava.

Haribol, I guess is a better word to end my reply.

Myrla Ocfemia

Guest guest

"ISKCON in the past tried to stop and threaten to sue Sripad Narayan's group when they used the word " Hare Krishna" in the advertisement of their program in Murwillumbah , Australia."

I know the politics it was stupid to try copy write the word hare krishna!

What on earth has that got to do with your problem of iskcon having programs at the same time narayan maharaj is around, if the fly looks for politics he is sure to find it.!

"And who are you to say I am a cracker."

i asked you if you were as your comment still doesnt make sense.

Just get on with the hari khatha and stop trying to look for the poo when there is no need, if there is something then present eveidence rather than childish insinuations which occurs from nm,iskcon,and all the other immature followers of vaishnava groups.

Hari Hari