IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Obeying the orders of Lord Krishna

Rate this topic

Policeman below should have better asked his bonafide guru if this was really an order coming from Krishna Himself?

Krishna made me do it, says cross-dressing policeman

November 16, 2005

http://www.thestar.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=132&fArticleId=2996710

Lucknow, India - You cannot call this top cop a plainclothes policeman - not after he appeared on television in a canary-yellow dress, sporting dark-red lipstick, matching nail polish and a nose ring.

State officials have ordered a probe into the behaviour of Devendra Kumar Panda, an inspector general in the Uttar Pradesh state police, which could cost him his job, officials said yesterday.

Panda (57), who believes himself to be the reincarnation of a lady consort of the Hindu amorous god Krishna, claims he is merely exercising his freedom of religion. But his wife, Veena, who is suing him, says he is just a womaniser.

"He is normal at home or when he is chatting on the Internet. He behaves (this way) to get into the company of other women, whom he calls friends."

Panda's cross-dressing came to his superiors' attention after he appeared in court on Saturday in full drag and gave interviews to several local TV channels.

The "government has initiated a probe into Panda's behaviour", said Uttar Pradesh Home Secretary Alok Sinha. "It is a real embarrassment for (the) police force."

Panda said he was only following his faith. "I am just obeying the orders of Lord Krishna. He has asked me to dress up like this."

- Sapa-AP