IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kulapavana

Cossacks Attack Krishna Festival in South Russia

Rate this topic

Orthodox Activists, Cossacks Attack Hindu Festival in South Russia

Created: 06.10.2005 14:42 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 14:42 MSK, 3 hours 55 minutes ago

MosNews

About 200 people with icons and slogans have attacked the opening of Vedic culture festival in the South Russian resort of Anapa.

The festival, organized by Russian Krishnaites — a Hindu sect wide spread outside India — took place in a health center. Cossacks in camouflage and elderly women burst into the center territory demanding that Krishnaites leave their town, Russian website Religio.Ru reported. The site also said that representatives of Russian Orthodox clergy headed the protest.

The attackers carried slogans saying “Vedic Culture Is Hitler’s Culture” and “We Will Clean Anapa of Devil Kin.” Some of them turned over a book stall, trampled down a portrait of a Krishnaite saint, tore down festival posters.

Organizers of the festival supported by local authorities held negotiations with the attackers who agreed to leave the scene so that the Krishnaites could continue their festival. However, the Hindus were forbidden to wear traditional Indian costumes when visiting Anapa.

The festival included seminars, songs and dances, other actions.

Guest guest

We lack the Kshatriya spirit. Do you think these cowards would've attacked Muslims? I think not. But Hindus and Vaishnavas have become sitting ducks, because the world knows they aren't going to retaliate, thanks to the "all this is Krishna's will" attitude. For every Brahmin, there has to be 2 Kshatriyas. That's the Vedic system. But in this kali yuga, people want the easy way out, sing and dance, leave the Kshatriya duties to Krishna.

After all, not even a blade of grass moves without His sanction, right?

actually, I disagree. if you respond too strongly to such provocations, people will condemn you. best to ignore such people.

kshatriya spirit really is: "do whatever it takes to achieve your objective". sometimes it is military action, sometimes it is diplomacy.

people who allow their emotions to control them are actually sudras.

I like the idea of whatever it takes, sounds like chanakya pandits style to me a bramhin with kstryia motives, very diplomatic and shrwed. I guess the best kstriyas are bramhins who carry out kstriya duties no? Prabhupada knew the 4 varnas and could seemingly act on any of those platforms as shown by his example.

He acted in a diplomatic way with when it came to politicas adn when he's temples were in danger making alliances for example with shiva sena, he new how businesses ran and gave loads of guidance to his phd diciples, and he trained devotees in how to be brahmins worshipping dieties and the general culture.

Guest guest

you defend, it is that simple. Where is the question of emotions controlling you? No anger, no hate, you simply do the right thing by attacking intruders.

first: what is an attack? read the article closely.

I will also give you another example of good kshatriya thinking:

A small Roman legion was confronted in one campaign by a large army of poorly armed women, determined to defend their town. The Roman general in charge simply bypassed the town. When asked for the reason for such an action, he replied:

"If we had won, there would have been no glory in such a victory. If we had lost, we would have become a laughing stock for all time."

if you want to understand kshatriya rules and behavior, the best source is Mahabharata, but there are other sources as well.